mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Alabama, I need your ride and trail work pics!

Hello Alabama riders and dirt diggers!

I am the person who has been entering all of the information into the Southeast Trail Guide's database. While I have been able to scrap up most of the factual data for most of the trails in Alabama, our Alabama guide section is bare in the picture department.

If you have a picture of any of the following trails, please consider sending it to me so I can add the same to the guide. It is my goal to add one ride picture (featuring a uniques section of trail or site along the trail) and one picture of the organization that maintains the trails working on the same (to pay respect for the dirt diggers who made it possible) for each trail entry.

Please forward any picture you would be willing to allow us to use to: info(a)sorbachattanooga.org

If you know of an Alabama trail that is not listed in the guide, please consider submitting it by following this link and completing the easy to use form and clicking the submit icon at the bottom of the page.

Thanks in advance.

The trails we need pictures for are:

Bankhead N. F. - Flint Creek Multi-use Trails
    Moulton, AL

Bankhead N. F. - Owl Creek Trail (aka Black Warrior Trail System, aka Wren Trail System)
    Double Springs, AL

Blakeley State Park
    Spanish Fort, AL

Buck's Pocket State Park
    Groveoak, AL

Cheaha Resort State Park
    Delta, AL

Chewacla State Park
    Auburn, AL

Chickasabogue Park
    Eight Mile, AL

DeSoto State Park
    Fort Payne, AL

Dream Valley Ranch
    Hayden, AL

Green Mountain - deleted - received info this is a hiker only trail - sorry for any confusion.

Hays Nature Preserve
    Owens Cross Roads, AL

Hurricane Creek Park
    Vinemont, AL

Joe Wheeler Resort State Park
    Rogersville, AL

Lake Guntersville State Park
    Guntersville, AL

Lake Lurleen State Park
    Coker, AL

Monte Sano State Park & Land Trust
    Hunstville, AL

Mummy Sokol Park
    Tuscaloosa, AL

Oak Mountain State Park - Received photos for Oak Mountain. Thanks!
    Pelham, AL

Rainbow Mountain
    Madison, AL

Sportsman Lake Park
    Cullman, AL

Talladega N. F. - Kentuck ORV Trail
    Munford, AL

Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park - New Entry - Thanks for the information and pictures!
    McCalla, AL

Trussville Sports Complex
    Trussville, AL

Wade Mountain Preserve
    Huntsville, AL

Again, thanks for your assistance.
    Last edited by schaarschmidt; 09-28-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    I may be able to get some photos of Blakely and Chickasawbogue, ride pictures.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn
    I may be able to get some photos of Blakely and Chickasawbogue, ride pictures.
    Please send them our way. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Green Mtn in Huntsville that is listed is not a biking trail. It is a walking trail only. There is a trail that is on Green Mtn called Blevins Gap. map attached http://www.sorbahuntsville.org/images/FanningTrail.JPG

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeper
    Green Mtn in Huntsville that is listed is not a biking trail. It is a walking trail only. There is a trail that is on Green Mtn called Blevins Gap. map attached http://www.sorbahuntsville.org/images/FanningTrail.JPG
    Thanks for the information. I deleted the Green Mountain Trail entry. I was hoping to add the Belvins Gap trail, but need more information, such as the park it is located in (we listed everything by park, unless it is a liner trail such as the GA Pinhoti trial, or Trail of Tears), park website, address, hours, hunting, hours, trial type, trail length, premitted users, etc....

If possible please post additional information here, send it to me at info(a)sorbachattanooga.org or complete our online form to the best of your ability.

Thanks.