Now rollin the Big Hit

New question here. Alabama here I come.................:)

So my Father just got a new job working as headmanager at a Boeing run rocket facility in Huntsville and I'm going to move there after college .

Guess I'll have to knock out a couple of my front teeth and get a gun rack for the truck just playing I have lived in Bama and Tennessee before and it's beautiful area.

Questions are what kind of riding is down there? And what lift serviced parks are near by if any?

Hook a brother up with some info, as i'm reall conemplating never leaving Reno-Tahoe area. The only reason I am leaving is because the market for housing here is ridiculous and I can't afford it on a teachers salary.

Peace,
    John
    Hailing from Reno, NV by way of Vegas...
    Now rockin the Big Hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats right living legend

Sweet Home!

The Huntsville area has some pretty good rideing for down here " though it's no Nev". And NC is just a couple hours away for some real rideing...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Huntsville has an amazing freeride scene with 4 lifts. Bender and Wade Simmons often train in the area during the off season. Mountain Dew and Juicy Fruit just opened up new distribution centers in the area to supply this new xxxtreme mecca with two much needed staples of the freeride community. Oh and don't forget the Slim Jim factory!

mtbr member
    Living in Alabama again is probably not going to be too fun for you. There are a few lift-serviced spots in North Carolina, one or two places in Tennessee such as Windrock, but to ride anything as decent as the Tahoe area, you'll have to drive a good ways (Snowshoe is your best bet, but it's around 10 hours away). As far as good ole fashioned cross country trails, Alabama has its fair share. Monte Sano and Land Trust are pretty fun in Huntsville and I'm sure you've heard enough about Oak Mtn in Birmingham. There are one or two "downhill" trails in Huntsville, one of which drops about 700 feet (that's a lot for around here). If you do end up moving here, just ask around at the shops and I'm sure you'll find a little bit of what you are looking for.

mtbr member
    If you like rocky you'll love Huntsville. The two major spots to ride here have pleanty of the them. Check out sorbahuntsville.org for the local bike club.

-rob