mtbr member
    Dec 2006

6/7/13 San Felasco Trail Report

Yesterday tropical storm passed through the area. Not as bad as predicted. Hit San Felasco at 9 A.M. today. Rode for 2 1/2 hours. Skipped Tung Nut and Conquistador.

I was very pleased that there was virtually no standing water on the trails.

Tons of debris on the trails but all small stuff like twigs and leaves. pretty much ride over stuff.

There is (was) a good size limb on the southern half of Canebrake which necessitated a walk over. Those of you more talented may wish to try a bunny hop.

Only water on the trails was a small puddle on Canebrake , again on the southern half.

The rest area between Soggy Bottom and Red Bug was nice. Water level up and some nice acoustics from the small waterfall next to the horse trail.

FWIW : I have heard that the north end of Cellon gets standing water but I did not take that loop.

There was only one other vehicle at the parking area , a Dodge durango. Wondering if that was nursejk or mitch1171, both of whom I will eventually catch up with.

I saw not a soul on the trails. Oddly, no deer either. Even late morning I typically see a few.

With all the moisture it was getting a bit steamy towards the end. Best to know when to stop.

All told, great ride. Get out there this weekend !!

Enjoy

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Nope, wasn't me I could not get out there today. Thanks for the update tho. Did you ride alone?? I bet the trails were awesome after the rain we got. Later.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nursejk View Post
    Nope, wasn't me I could not get out there today. Thanks for the update tho. Did you ride alone?? I bet the trails were awesome after the rain we got. Later.
    Rode with a friend. She races BMX as well.

Trails were perfect. No soft sand to slide through. Just firmly packed damp North Florida dirt. Sweet !!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I can't wait until I get a bike so I can ride this trail!
    Thanks for the trail report.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the report!
    Ill be out there Sunday morning.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Appreciate the report. I'm heading out this morning trying to beat the heat.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Cool so you do have someone you ride with. Most of your posts sound like you ride alone. She rides BMX, cool so I figure she can keep up with you. You ride a lot? Do you guys ride anywhere else??

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by drjay9051 View Post
    Rode with a friend. She races BMX as well.

Trails were perfect. No soft sand to slide through. Just firmly packed damp North Florida dirt. Sweet !!
    Dude what you doing this weekend? We are thinking about riding. You and your girl want to ride?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Ok, broke down and bought a bike this morning. Hope to meet a few of you out there soon.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebb_tide View Post
    Ok, broke down and bought a bike this morning. Hope to meet a few of you out there soon.
    Cool. Glad to hear it. Hope to see you out there. What did you get??

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I bought a trek mamba. I really dislike buying things that I have little experience and knowledge of. I had to rely on these forums and reviews for the most part. Hope I did ok for my first entry lvl bike.

The gentlemanly at the LBS was helpful, so I feel better then I would had I gone the Internet route..

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebb_tide View Post
    I bought a trek mamba. I really dislike buying things that I have little experience and knowledge of. I had to rely on these forums and reviews for the most part. Hope I did ok for my first entry lvl bike.

The gentlemanly at the LBS was helpful, so I feel better then I would had I gone the Internet route..
    Cool. Trek makes a good bike. I am sure you will enjoy it. When is the maiden ride? Congrats dude...

mtbr member
    Congrats on the new bike and enjoy the trails. Felasco is a great place to ride. I'm usually out there Tuesday and Thursday after work, then Saturday morning. This year, I also try to hit Santos once or twice a month.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thank you guys! Gator cycle is starting to do rides on Fridays @ 5pm. Im going to hit the first trail with them since I will be picking up the bike anyways.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Good morning Dudes! Anyone riding this morning? We had some more rain yesterday. Bet the trails are b***hen. Let us know who is riding or rides. Take care. Happy trails!!

mtbr member
    Not Sunday, but I'll be riding tomorrow after work around 5:00.
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hey has anyone been dowu to Santos lately with all the rain. Wondering how the trails are?? If anyone can give a report, let us have it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    That was my Durango. I guess I went the other way and did Tung Nut and Conquistador. You are right that the trails were as perfect as I've seen! Saw half-a-dozen deer and almost ran over an armadillo on my route .

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Anyone ride this weekend or today? Has all the rain led us elsewhere. Hope it slacks off soon, I need to hit some trails. Pipe in if you are riding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    May be getting more off topic - but rode Graham Swamp today. The recent rains have it pretty nicely packed - not as much loose sand as last time I rode it. Still a few spots with loose sand, but not the deep sugary stuff.