We want... a shrubbery!

24 Hours of Conyers

When I went online to look at info for the 24 Hours of Big Bear, I saw that Granny Gear has decided to hold another 24 hour race in Conyers, GA (site of the '96 Olympic course?). Anyways, because I don't know many people know about it yet, I was interested in doing this race. However, I don't think I can pull together a team to go down there, so I was wondering if anyone from the area would be interested in having me on as part of their team?

I'm from Virginia, and I've done a few races. I'm interested in Men's Sport 4-person team. 20 years old, and well, my times from last season were pretty good considered I did no training (I was actually injured/attempting to train for college varsity XC last summer). Therefore, with some quality training in the coming months, I think I'll do significantly better than average. So, I'm a natural competitor, but I do like to throw back and have a good time. If anyone is interested, shoot a PM or mail back to me. So yea, hope to hear back from some people...
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyickyptngzutboing
    When I went online to look at info for the 24 Hours of Big Bear, I saw that Granny Gear has decided to hold another 24 hour race in Conyers, GA (site of the '96 Olympic course?). Anyways, because I don't know many people know about it yet, I was interested in doing this race. However, I don't think I can pull together a team to go down there, so I was wondering if anyone from the area would be interested in having me on as part of their team?

I'm from Virginia, and I've done a few races. I'm interested in Men's Sport 4-person team. 20 years old, and well, my times from last season were pretty good considered I did no training (I was actually injured/attempting to train for college varsity XC last summer). Therefore, with some quality training in the coming months, I think I'll do significantly better than average. So, I'm a natural competitor, but I do like to throw back and have a good time. If anyone is interested, shoot a PM or mail back to me. So yea, hope to hear back from some people...
    We're putting together a team. Mostly a slightly older crowd, (mid 30's) that like to hang out and drink a beer almost as much as ride. You could also check out granny gear's site to get hooked up with some people. We aren't looking to win the race, but do like to push it. What kind of bike do you ride?

We want... a shrubbery!
    Yea, I listed on the Granny Gear website as that's how I randomly found a team for the 24 Hours of Big Bear. (Name = Danny) I have a Specialized Epic to race with. Basically, I've come to realize that despite what setting I'm in, I just go at my races full-out gung-ho; but, at the same time, I slack off just as much as when I'm killin' myself on the trails. Winning the race isn't as important to me as still having a good time and putting out a good effort myself.

So yea, thanks for responding, I appreciate it.

Oh yea, I'm a college varsity runner converted to mountain biking. If you happened to have been at the 24 Hours of Big Bear, I was the runner out front, but my biking skills have definitely improved since then...
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

mtbr member

Granny Gear Race

Hey Man,
    Glad to hear back from you. You have a Specialized Epic? Well, the bike doesn't make the rider but it certainly points towards what kind of riding you like to do. I ride a 5.5 and most of my riding friends have Blurs. Anyway, I just found out that I'm in two weddings that weekend, so I can't race but if you're interested, there will be the 24 Hours of Adrenaline at Conyers in September and there's also a 24 hour race in Athens at Heritage park in July.
    Also, we have a google group dubbed the "North ATL Soul Riders" and are always posting rides and other random stuff on the page if you're looking to just get out and play. We ride pretty much every weekend, regardless of weather. You can join the group if you like, just give me your email address and I'll send you an invite. Or you can ask to be added by emailing this address:

North-ATL-Soul-Riders@googlegroups.com

Later and happy riding,

-Ryan