Want to vent?

2006 MS MTB Championship Series Info

Here is some information for you on the MS Off-Road series. Currently It is setup to be a 5 race series with two races in Oxford, off-road time trial on Saturday and cross country race on Sunday. The rest of the races will be cross country races on Sunday's.

You will receive points for the position you finish in each race. You will be required to have an annual license to receive points, go to usacycling.org and register for a license. We will offer one day license at each event but you will not be eligible for points when you podium.

There will be an overall series champ so Mississippi riders as well as out of state racers can compete for this title and also a State champ for the Mississippi riders. You will be recognized by NORBA as the State Champion of Mississippi in your class, medals for the State champ will be given by USAC. The top 15 athletes in each class will be eligible to participate in nationals if you so choose. Everyone help spread the word and lets show USA Cycling that we know how to race in Mississippi.

Any questions you can email J. Powell at ridgelandcyclingclub1@yahoo.com.

The above was stolen and edited from the forums at... www.msmtb.org

-Boz
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

Not Smart Enough to Quit

Sounds great

But I'm afraid most of them may be out of range for me here in Montgomery. The first race in Jackson is a thought but it's the same day as the Ga SS championships. Decisions...
    SSBoz didn't you do the Swayback bridge race this year or last? There has been a lot of talk around here about an Alabama series, but no real organization. i think we will have a cyclocross series this year though!
    The standing eight count & three knockdown rules are in effect on this trail.

http://compvelo.com/content/

Want to vent?
    Hi ya i was there 2 yrs ago ......but your right about the first race...i had the georgia SS on my calendar as well.................but this first one is in my hometown of meridian so ill be here...

The drive from montgomery to meridian is a muther on hwy 80 if ya come.....took me bout 3 hrs to get to swayback trail from meridian and we are only like 100 miles away.....
    i drove back on the interstate to Bham then to meridian and it took the same time...

anyways....we tried a series a in 2003 with a little success....and a bunch of us wanted another so....here it is...

Another race that is included but not in the top flyer will be a second race here in meridian in late june...more to come on that date but it will be a second chance for you to come over and participate if there is nothing else on that weekend....

-Boz

Want to vent?
    Bumpty bump.... with more info

2 additional races added.....

Noxubee Crest Trail Race ...near Louisville, MS.... date not added yet

Meridian Race #2...State Games of MS MTB Race....July 2006

heres a link: MS MTB Race Info

-Boz

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No SS..

No SS class??

Can we expect to see you at the Dirty South SS championships again this year?? April 29-30. More info to come.

I would like to make some of ya'lls as well.

Want to vent?
    Hi brady...ya me and my buddy from nachitoches are planning on hitting locofest again this year...been checkin the LOCO website

The SS class is in the works...it has been brought up over on our MS MTB forums, as with anything better gauge the interest before we set it up....

MS MTB Forums

we will also be over at the upcoming Ouachita Challenge as well...hope to see yall there

-Boz

Dex
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The SS Boz
    Bumpty bump.... with more info
    2 additional races added.....
    Noxubee Crest Trail Race ...near Louisville, MS.... date not added yet
    Meridian Race #2...State Games of MS MTB Race....July 2006
    heres a link: MS MTB Race Info
    -Boz
    And more info from the MSMTB forum
    Alright, here is what we are looking at for the 2006 Mississippi State Off-Road Championship Sereies. There will be tentative 7 races. The dates are as follows:

March 19 - Bonita Xtreme; Meridian, MS
    May 21 - Noxubee Crest; Outside Starkville, MS
    June 18 - MS State Games; Meridian, MS
    July 9 - Vance trails; Liberty, MS
    September 9 - Clear Creak MTB Challenge (Time trial); Oxford, MS
    September 10 - Clear Creak MTB Challenge (XC race); Oxford, MS
    October 8 - Butts Park Challenge; Jackson, MS

There will be one drop race in the series so if you can make all of the races but one then that one will be not affect you standings. If you race every race in the series your lowest finish will be dropped.
    Noxubee Hills Trail System's FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noxube...8499244?v=wall