What It Be ?

2006 Bump And Grind-B'Ham

Online registation is up. Im registered and ready to go.

mtbr member

Bump and Grind

Four weeks from Sunday. I read in the BUMP newsletter that they have workdays this Saturday and Sunday out there to finish the reroute at Garrett's Gulch and some additional work. Seems like a great bunch of guys, and they are taking the time to maintain the trails for everyone that rides.

If anybody has a little time this weekend they should stop by and help. Good trails don't just happen....someone has to construct and maintain.

What It Be ?
    I would make it. But I have a full time job here. And a race coming up in 2 week gotta stay on the bike.

SALLGUD
    Not trying to be a "Richard' here, but most of us do have full time jobs. It's how we afford to mountain bike. Most of us also like to ride as much as possible, and even race occasionally.

It takes a bunch of dedicated people to keep the trails up and running, both before and after a race, and also year-round. In general, we don't do it for recognition and definitely not for money. Some weeks I may volunteer 20 hours. Some months I may only volunteer 1 hour. It's how these trails stay open though! A bunch of vlunteers putting out some time and effort.

mtbr member

Two weeks from Sunday

I guess you can tell by the posts that I am kind of excited. Pretty new to the sport (took it up about a year ago for the exercise) and have never seen a race. I have been riding at Oak Mtn some and have been passed by a few good riders, but really haven't had the chance to watch and learn from them. I am really looking forward to posting up and watching everyone come through.

Also had an opportunity to help with the trail maintenance a couple of weekends ago. I had never had that opportunity either. Working along side and talking with the BUMP group really made me appreciate the work that is required to keep the trails open and rideable. Because I have only been out there once, I can't climb up on a soapbox, but I did learn quite a bit about what has been going on behind the scenes (for most people) for years. Really enjoyed meeting and talking with other riders, too. For you seasoned riders that may not seem like much, but to a guy new to the sport it was great.

See you at the race!
    Last edited by justaguy; 05-20-2006 at 06:17 AM.

What It Be ?
    I'm There