SALLGUD

2006 Baker's Dozen 13 hr race

Registration for the 4th annual Baker's Dozen 13 hour endurance race is open. Participation is limited to 150 riders this year so if you plan on racing you may want to pre-register. Go to the SORBA/CSRA website for more info.

http://sorbacsra.org/

Michael

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Bakers Dozen

The people, the trail, the experience, the best way to get tuned up for the summer...
    RCShivley[/B]

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Baker's Dozen 2006 Info

Baker's Dozen 2006 will be held at Horn Creek Trail located at Lick Fork Recreation Area near Edgefield SC on April 22, 2006 with a rain date of April 29, 2006. It is a 13-hour endurance event. It will start at 10:00am and will end at 11:00pm. This event is low key, no t-shirt, no concessions, no stress, just a lot of fun.

The Baker’s Dozen entry fee is $35 per rider for a SORBA member and non-SORBA member $45 per rider. There is a limit of 150 riders!!

Paying the entry fee allows you to compete in the event, a chance to win a new custom-made bike frame made by Halestormframes.com, liability and excess medical insurance during the event, and all the water you can drink!!!!!!!!

There will be 11 different classes of teams, solo male, female; 2-rider male, female, coed;
    3-rider male, female, coed and 4-rider male, female, coed.

An engraved 16-oz pint glass will be given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place solo riders, 1st & 2nd place 2-rider, 1st & 2nd place 3-rider and to the 1st place 4-rider team.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Limit of 150 riders.

49 riders paid so far.

Hardly any locals at all have signed up.

I can think of 25 locals off the top of my head that "plan to race".

So, it's about half full now. Should be interesting to see who procrastonates themselves onto the sidelines.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I might be willing to join a team. Don't think I could do it solo though. What's the course like?

SALLGUD

Course description...

Course Description:
    The course for the Baker's Dozen will start at the Horn Creek trailhead and travel down the campground gravel road. At the stop sign the course turns right onto the paved road. At the next stop sign, the course turns right onto a paved road. This road turns into gravel after 1/4 mile. The course enters Horn Creek Trail on the left after 1/2 mile. The course follows Horn Creek trail all the way back to the same gravel road where you entered the trail. The course then follows the same route back to the trailhead. This is 1 lap.

A lap is about 8 miles long, 6 is singletrack and 2 is gravel/paved. The only place where there will be two-way traffic is on the gravel/paved roads.

When you enter Horn Creek trail (section 2), you will be going slightly downhill over a lot of tree roots and some bridges. There is a little climbing. You will then cross a gravel road and enter a 1 mile climb (section 3). You will then cross another gravel road and enter a very fast section. It starts flat, then goes downhill, more flat area, bridges and then a little climbing (section 4). You will then cross another gravel road. This section (section 5) starts flat where you can get very fast, has bridges, a very sharp right turn on a climb that if you don't make the turn, you will fall into the creek. Then the course climbs for about 1 mile. During this climb, you will pass the trailhead (section 1) and end at the gravel road where you entered the first part of the trail. Head left from the trailhead to the gravel road.

paintbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifer
    I might be willing to join a team. Don't think I could do it solo though. What's the course like?
    I'm good for a few laps but would have to spend most of my time entertaining my 6 year old. I'll ask around here and see what's up.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

SALLGUD

Over 100 signed up

Just a quick heads up...We are now well past 100 pre-registered. If you are considering riding, now is the time to step on up and plunk down the money.

We didn't think there would be this many signed up with well over a month to go. It's gonna be fun!

Michael