Squalor
    Jan 2004

12 Hours at the Stank - Memphis, TN

There will be a 12 Hour race at Stanky Creek in Memphis, TN on October 29th.

9.2 mile laps of 100% singletrack - no major climbs, lots of roots and tight turns, great SS course

This is the second year for the race and it is great fun. Real laid back atmosphere!

Anybody from the surrounding area should come out and race. We do not have many endurance events in middle/west TN, so this is a rare chance to push yourself in a race all day (or just hang out and do a lap or two)

Race Flyer: http://www.midsouthtrails.com/docs/2...Stankflyer.pdf
    (SS classes have been added)

Check out our local message board for more info: http://midsouthtrails.com/phpBB2/index.php

See you at the Stank!

Lance P.

mtbr member
    This is the second year for the race and it is great fun. Real laid back atmosphere!
    It is actually the 5th year for the race. the first year was in 1999. It's a good fast race on a tight rooty course with average speeds around 12.5 and top speeds of only 24 mph. The trail is 9.2 miles of cornering, it will slow the roadies down a little, a true mountain bikers course. Come check it out
    Attached Images Attached Images

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzer
    It is actually the 5th year for the race. the first year was in 1999.
    Whoa - I did not know that...I guess that is what I get for being the young buck around here. Seriously though, I never heard much about the race before Eddie took it over.

You guys still planning on putting together the 3 man "dream team" this year?

LP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lanpope
    Whoa - I did not know that...I guess that is what I get for being the young buck around here. Seriously though, I never heard much about the race before Eddie took it over.

You guys still planning on putting together the 3 man "dream team" this year?

LP
    Memphis Racing Cyclists (MRC) put it on for three years, we skipped a year and Eddie picked it up.
    I don't know if I would call it the dream team, more like the old fart team. The way I have it figured, I'm no one else shows up, we might do okay.
    I wouldn't mind doing it solo this year since there are so many others doing it. On second thought my a** is glad I'm not doing solo again.