bust a move

$55 tickets being handed out at snowhill/little big econ

FWIW, I talked to a guy who got one yesterday (his yearly pass had expired). He was told "they have been working that location hard and other state run parks are either doing the same or would be doing the same. No warnings! Either pay the day use fee, buy the annual pass or pay the fine!" There you go. If you are short of cash you can park at the (FREE) trailhead across the street from the school on snowhill road about a 1/4 to a 1/2 mile after leaving 419. You will have to ride and extra mile or so each way to get to the trails from there.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

ChiliPepper1
    Great info, even though I always pay my dues when I go ride there. The on faith collection fees are there for a reason, to help keep the trails maintained. Don't pay up, then the trails will disappear like so many here in FL have. Its as simple as that!

Thanks for sharing that info bro!

mtbr member
    They should start that at San Felasco. The 'honor' system isn't working well there. I'm dismayed by the lack of character of some of my fellow riders.

It hurts to see them blow by the payment box and then unrack a pricey steed. Maybe the bike is stolen too...

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lule
    They should start that at San Felasco. The 'honor' system isn't working well there. I'm dismayed by the lack of character of some of my fellow riders.

It hurts to see them blow by the payment box and then unrack a pricey steed. Maybe the bike is stolen too...
    careful with the assumptions. Some folks purchase yearly passes to San Felasco, and annual State Park passes also work.

PMK
    mtbr member
    When Johnathon Dickinson was more popular for us (pre fire days), we would buy the pass every year.

We have been there a few times in the last couple of months, and plan to use it as a good training / test and setup trail, so I asked about the yearly membership since single day is $6 if memory is correct. The annual pass is now over $100.

We don't ride Oleta, sometimes ride Alafia, so I guess we'll just keep paying.

As for the collection boxes, we always fill out the stuff and deposit it. Seems kind of lame not to, however political or wrong it seems.

PK

Its got what plants crave
    A state pass is now 65 bucks. You could either risk a 55 dollar fine, or pay 65 bucks up front. I have heard it's also a mandatory court appearance if you get caught without paying in a state park. They recently doubled the price of the annual pass, which really sucks. I wish I had gotten in before the price increase.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lule

FWIW if you've ever seen my blast by that box in my Green 2003 Subaru Forester with a Yakima Hold Up.... I have an Annual Pass. And I bet most others do too...

Wife and I just renewed our pass and it was $128 for the family pass online... Well worth it to float some money to the state parks.

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    communists

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214
    FWIW if you've ever seen my blast by that box in my Green 2003 Subaru Forester with a Yakima Hold Up.... I have an Annual Pass. And I bet most others do too...
    Well, that explains it...

Alachua and the surrounding areas must have the highest density of annual park pass holders in the state.

XXIX
    Thats ********!!!!!!! When was the last time the state did any work at snowhill. I will park at the boat ramp on 46 and canoe in.

Jackalope Hunter
    The only thing the Rangers/state/whatever do at Snowhill that I know of are controled burns. They damn sure don't do trail maintenence. Not that I'm sayin you shouldn't pay the use fee.
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

PMK
    mtbr member
    I just looked online, fees are

$60 for an individual

$120 for a family

we both ride so it's a better deal buying a family pass.

As I think about this, previously I had an individual pass, and on times when she wanted to ride at JD we just paid the daily fee.

PK