Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fork for 5.5

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Festusjrf 
#1 ·
I ordered a 5.5 small red, but I cant make up my mind on the fork that I want.
I ride trail aggressive I weigh 205#. I looked at a Minute1 or 2, Z1 FR SL or Vanilla RLC. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
Have you considered the Minute 3 fork. That would be my choice for a 5.5 for extra help in steep climbs. I think I read that it is air with the coil and has rapid travel adjust. Did you order a frame only? If you get a chance before building, could you get a weight on the frame? What color did you order?

#3 · (Edited)
Quattro said:
Have you considered the Minute 3 fork. That would be my choice for a 5.5 for extra help in steep climbs. I think I read that it is air with the coil and has rapid travel adjust. Did you order a frame only? If you get a chance before building, could you get a weight on the frame? What color did you order?
I ordered a Frame only with the Manitou shock swinger 4 way, I will get the weight on it (shipping scale at work). I thought about the Minute 3 too, I am just not sure. Thanks for the reply.

#5 ·
damn, i just checked out prices for the TALAS and Minute ranges...since when do single crown forks go for such huge dinero? the last singlecrown fork i bought was a used '98 z1 for $200...

#8 ·
I too have a 5.5 on order and will probably end up running a Mintute 2 or a TALAS. I had a 5.5 for a week right after interbike (yup, I've got good connections at Intense!) and the demo had a Minute 2 on it.

The Minute 2 was pretty amazing, considering that I usually ride a super plush '03 Z1FR. It was stiff, light, and tracked pretty well in the rough, and the SPV was pretty amazing! However, I'm not too thrilled about having to buy a whole new brake caliper in order to run a Manitou fork since I'm running XT discs.

So who knows...I may just end up getting a TALAS.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.