Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Quasi

19K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  _-^^^-_ 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 Quasi with a 2002 seat tower. I have been very happy with the bike and Titus service. I have had a few issues with the seat tower and the rockers. But this was related to my weight. I weigh about 240 pounds with all of my gear. I did mange to crack the seat tower at the junction of the seat tube and down tube (one factor in this may have been a too short seat post). Titus replaced seat tower at no charge. Also because of the heavier sping on the shock, clearance between the rockers was an issue also. The spring was rubbing on the rockers. Titus replaced rockers and provided spacers, at no cost, to alleviate the problem. It may not be the most elegant solution, but so far, (5 months) it has been effective. Allan has recommend trying the new Manitou Swinger 4. This would eliminate the need for the spacers. The main frame and rear triangle have been problem free. Even with these minor problems, I would not hesitate to buy another Titus product. I have full confidence in the frame.

#3 ·
For What It's Worth ...

I've an '03 Quasi, Vanilla RC shox, got it in June, about 1200 miles on it so for on nice rocky Central Texas trails ( Austin, San Antonio, et. al. ).

I've have zilch issues with the Titus and Fox combination product, nada. Zippo. I've worn out one pair of brake pads, one pair of tires, had some d-cables rust and need replacement, but nada on the frame, etc.

Seems like their doing the right thing now.

Oh, did I mention I easily go into the Clydesdale classification WITHOUT the bike weighing in?

Could ONLY be happier with the bike if the Mrs would let me put SRAM shifters on it - it's a budget thing.

;^)

#7 ·
_-^^^-_ said:
What do you clyde Quasi owners think of the Supermoto FR? There's a 6'4" clyde wanting a trail bike that can be raced occasionally on the Titus forum. I basically told him Supermoto FR for value, 5 Spot for fit.
I can't imagine there would be a frame solidity issue with the SM, but not having ridden it I can't say for sure.

I really should get down and try one out while I have the chance, if I still do...

#8 ·
I have a 2001 quasi and the downtube cracked at the head tube. I'm 160lbs and it happened last season. Titus fixed it, but they took 14 weeks to do it. My frame was black and they were only willing to paint it red, or return it polished. I got it back polished and had it painted myself. The repair consisted of gussets at the head/top/downtube junction. At your weight regularly inspect this area.

#9 ·
supermoto

I was shopping recently and looked at the supermoto FR. A local shop had one built up really nice. Gorgeous bike and the weight isn't bad at all. However the 18" chainstays scared me off, since I ride a lot of tight&slow trails. I found a Turner RFX and went with that (it's on the way currently). This was going to replace my switchblade but now I'm hoping to keep the switchblade and return it to 4/4.5" set-up....if I can afford it. Who knows- I'll have to see how I like riding a 36lb bike all day!

_-^^^-_ said:
What do you clyde Quasi owners think of the Supermoto FR? There's a 6'4" clyde wanting a trail bike that can be raced occasionally on the Titus forum. I basically told him Supermoto FR for value, 5 Spot for fit.

#10 ·
321 said:
I have a 2001 quasi and the downtube cracked at the head tube. I'm 160lbs and it happened last season. Titus fixed it, but they took 14 weeks to do it. My frame was black and they were only willing to paint it red, or return it polished. I got it back polished and had it painted myself. The repair consisted of gussets at the head/top/downtube junction. At your weight regularly inspect this area.
My '03 already has gussets there. Top of top tube, bottom of downtube, in between both, all at the head.

#11 ·
Look at that Supermoto again dude!

FM said:
I was shopping recently and looked at the supermoto FR. A local shop had one built up really nice. Gorgeous bike and the weight isn't bad at all. However the 18" chainstays scared me off, since I ride a lot of tight&slow trails. I found a Turner RFX and went with that (it's on the way currently). This was going to replace my switchblade but now I'm hoping to keep the switchblade and return it to 4/4.5" set-up....if I can afford it. Who knows- I'll have to see how I like riding a 36lb bike all day!
Don't panic about the chainstays, if you saw one with really long stays, it probably had the DH rear end option on it, which is over $300 bucks more. The Supermoto FR chainstays are 16.8", very climbable, and plenty good for the twisty singletrack too. This frame at $1600 with virtually ANY of the shock/linkage options at NO upcharge, has got to be one of the best deals going, and more versatile than having Clark Griswald run errands for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.