mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Your ads have ruined this website!!

Your website has a lot of content I like to access but I'm only here a fraction of the time I used to be. I no longer browse. I have a few select threads bookmarked I check and then it's "Bye-bye, baby!"

It's too frustrating when the constant onslaught of never ending animated ads on everything from Lowe's appliances to flavored waffles (really??) to Colorado Tech bogs my computer and browser. I like you guys, but I'm not going to keep changing my browser settings back and forth between your site and the rest of the internet.

If something else and not the ads is causing this - well, the problem is unique to your website alone. And you're now at the bottom of my list of bookmarked sites because of it.

Please bring back the old MTBR...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    One word "AdBlocker"

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post
    Please bring back the old MTBR...
    "old" MTBR? How old are you talking? I would never ask for the return of the pre-03 board software. The community there was a bit tighter, even though I wasn't "in" back then, but the new software enables much more interesting ride reports and that's worthwhile, IMO.

but yeah, on my home computer and my office computer, I run AdBlock AND AdBlock+, as well as AdBlock+ Element Blocker. I only notice the awful ads when I am on a public machine. I get that the site owners have to pay the bills, but burying the content among multitudes of animated ads isn't the way to do it.

mtbr member
    I don't even know what ads look like on this site. I'm almost exclusively on tapatalk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorSerioso View Post
    I don't even know what ads look like on this site. I'm almost exclusively on tapatalk.
    Diddo!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OSCMTB
    The ads are what pay for this site.

mtbr member
    Complaining about something you get to use for free? Quit whining and go for a ride.
    Last edited by likeaboss; 09-26-2012 at 05:53 PM.