Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Heres some golden neg rep i got from member VAPEZILLA tonight.
    In retaliation for me saying 'trek are making a new model called the EPO'

''Your just a trek fanboy, you ROCK SPIDER''

i dont think he has realised the anon system is gone lol, so i negged him back to one green square and two rep points, if only i could have put him in the red.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Snowdrifter, you can bemoan the rep system all you want but what are you doing to help? Instead of focusing on why you hate it so much have you ever thought to use your 22 points of rep to rep people who you think deserve it? Do you even know deserving posters? I do. Here's a whole thread on people lacking it. I notice you are Suspiciously absent of comment and suggestions in that thread.

We all (the OC folks who constantly get shitted on for repping each other), in addition to ********ting in the OC, help out and lurk in other sub-forums. And a lot of rep comes from that. We also rep people we see helping and who are solid contributors the lack rep. It's a dumb thing for the site but we use and abuse it for our amusement. It means nothing and as long as its here, it's another toy for me to play with and waste time on.

Barring all of that, yer mum's a slag and yer sister's a streetwalker. Now give me all the red ya pants wetting whine-baby.
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

the train keeps rollin
    Yes, I frequently Pos rep users who bring the good stuff.. My Original post wast out of line. don't like the system, oh well.. never talking rep again.. peace out.
    beaver hunt

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Yes, I frequently Pos rep users who bring the good stuff.. My Original post wast out of line. don't like the system, oh well.. never talking rep again.. peace out.
    So, was all your butthurt neg rep out of line too?
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Cow Clicker
    I just looked at my 20 most recent reps and only two were from the usual suspects. 18 were from people who, as far as I know, have never repped me before.

banned
    Honestly, I don't get the rep system at all. As a long time MTBR member since '97ish. It has'nt contributed one single positive thing to what this site is SUPPOST to be about, which is riding. First and foremost. It's suppost to be a consumer review site, hence REVIEW.

I do'nt recall the name on this site as being:

Circle Jerk
    Toss your enternet buddies salid.
    Inflate my fragile enternet ego.
    I can't ride a bike for sh*t. But thankfully I have enough money to waste on one. Then pretend I know how to ride on the net.
    Does this lycra make my butt look big.

What value does the rep system have? The same people with one liner "that brand sucks" 40,000 post are the only ones receiving validity and recognition for absolutly nothing. How about contributing a simple paragraph as to why you like or don't like a certain product.

Mojo, while I have no problems with you and generally enjoy your posts, have you seen this thread? It might do a lot of good in the long run to show how and where the people with a lot of rep are actually helping out on the site. I really commend Hutch for starting it as I think it will take some of the butt-hurt out of people if they see all of the positive contributions being made by OC'ers.
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    18 were from people who, as far as I know, have never repped me before.
    18 fools... well - you can fool them once. it's on you. fool them twice... oh well... it's on you again.. (forgot who said that...

do you have a degree in being nice?

wmac has a degree in awesome with a minor in nice.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    It is just the interwebz peeps. The rep system can't be taken seriously. Contribute what you can and help others out and than the chips will fall wherever...
    There are some deserving peeps all over this site outside the OC. People just starting in the sport need help, people building trails can use advice, people training for races etc etc. The focus on the green squares end rep-count is not what this site is about. YMMV
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

sock puppet
    ahem mojo, my join date is a bit older than yours... so i will speak as an "elder" if you don't mind...

this site for everyone is what everyone makes it to be for themselves.

where does it say it is all about reviews? if that is so - then there would be no other forums, just reviews.

it is up to everyone to decide what is the purpose of this site for them.

for me - it is a community, a resource, a way to stay in touch with my riding buddies, to get quick updates on my local area issues, post and/or read different local notifications etc..

as such - it meets 90% of my requirements...

rep? why so much fuss about it? why do you think that it is the measure of someone's nuts or boobs?

no one broke any rules regarding rep system. don't blame the messenger, blame the system.

we are riders every single bit as much as you are. because i have expensive bike - now all of a sudden i am a poseur?

if i wear lycra - i am POS now?

i have 100+ rep and it is a sure sign i don't ride my bike too much?

nonsense mojo...

think about it... screw the rep - it may disappear the same way it was instituted. who cares. this site will continue to be up and running and for us it will be equally as much fun.

it seems that the rep issue is brought to OC from those that do not frequent OC forum. that's fine. it appears that most of regular OCers are ready to discuss it in nice and civilized way, without neg repping even those that cross the line by their own admittance. c'mon man...

if you want to find a reason to hate - you will always find one. rep hating is really weak, if there is any rationale to any kind of hate... and i use "hate" in mild terms...

with or without rep, we are still same faces behind our avatars. same passionate riders and good people... rep does not make us different at all... why would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    Honestly, I don't get the rep system at all. As a long time MTBR member since '97ish. It has'nt contributed one single positive thing to what this site is SUPPOST to be about, which is riding. First and foremost. It's suppost to be a consumer review site, hence REVIEW.

Circle Jerk
    I can't ride a bike for sh*t. But thankfully I have enough money to waste on one. Then pretend I know how to ride on the net.

What value does the rep system have? The same people with one liner "that brand sucks" 40,000 post are the only ones receiving validity and recognition for absolutly nothing. How about contributing a simple paragraph as to why you like or don't like a certain product.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    ahem mojo, my join date is a bit older than yours... so i will speak as an "elder" if you don't mind...

this site for everyone is what everyone makes it to be for themselves.

where does it say it is all about reviews? if that is so - then there would be no other forums, just reviews.

it is up to everyone to decide what is the purpose of this site for them.

for me - it is a community, a resource, a way to stay in touch with my riding buddies, to get quick updates on my local area issues, post and/or read different local notifications etc..

as such - it meets 90% of my requirements...

rep? why so much fuss about it? why do you think that it is the measure of someone's nuts or boobs?

no one broke any rules regarding rep system. don't blame the messenger, blame the system.

we are riders every single bit as much as you are. because i have expensive bike - now all of a sudden i am a poseur?

if i wear lycra - i am POS now?

i have 100+ rep and it is a sure sign i don't ride my bike too much?

nonsense mojo...

think about it... screw the rep - it may disappear the same way it was instituted. who cares. this site will continue to be up and running and for us it will be equally as much fun.

it seems that the rep issue is brought to OC from those that do not frequent OC forum. that's fine. it appears that most of regular OCers are ready to discuss it in nice and civilized way, without neg repping even those that cross the line by their own admittance. c'mon man...

if you want to find a reason to hate - you will always find one. rep hating is really weak, if there is any rationale to any kind of hate... and i use "hate" in mild terms...

with or without rep, we are still same faces behind our avatars. same passionate riders and good people... rep does not make us different at all... why would you do that?
    So your saying you were around back in "97 when "passion" was actually passionate? Back when there were only 6 forums and people shared thier passion for mtn biking.

Best I can recall. Back in 2004 the site took on a new format. Some people had to "recreate" their membership.

Not trying to call you out by any means. What saddens me most . So many mtn bikers and people on this site, as a whole, feel as if they are entitled.

What can we do as a community on both forums, local, state, national and global level to improve our sport? Is drinking red bull and mt dew really doing anything to keep trials open?

I'll be the first to admite that I've come across as a d!ck on this topic. I do so, cause I'm concerned about our sport as a whole.

Cow Clicker
    I can be vicious when someone continues to be ignorant or hateful after I've tried to be nice and understanding several times in a row.

sock puppet
    So your saying you were around back in "97 when "passion" was actually passionate? Back when there were only 6 forums and people shared thier passion for mtn biking.

Best I can recall. Back in 2004 the site took on a new format. Some people had to "recreate" their membership.

Not trying to call you out by any means. What saddens me most . So many mtn bikers and people on this site, as a whole, feel as if they are entitled.

What can we do as a community on both forums, local, state, national and global level to improve our sport? Is drinking red bull and mt dew really doing anything to keep trials open?

I'll be the first to admite that I've come across as a d!ck on this topic. I do so, cause I'm concerned about our sport as a whole.
    sorry, did not know you had to recreate your account - if that is the case - they you are the elder to me. either way - i somewhat do not understand your point then - not because you did not express yourself, but because you may be looking at it from a different angle.

in my opinion - the more people around here - the better for the sport. everyone can find their spot under the sun on this website. want passion - go to passion. you think passion is not the same as in 97 - it appears you are blaming high rep people or lycra people or those that ride expensive bikes. why don't you go to passion forum and try to change it?

or maybe, just maybe, things are ever changing and you may have to get on with changes or forever complain how you don't like them. just my opinion - i am quite accepting that you may have a different one, and that is totally fine.

by just complaining - in most cases we do not contribute towards the resolution. what do you think should change around here - that is under YOUR CONTROL to change it?

what admins do - is completely their prerogative. above our pay grade, no?

rep is within their realm. let them deal with it.

what do you think we all can do to improve the position of the MTB sport and passion towards MTB as a whole?

do you think that OC banter, lycra bums, expensive carbon bikes have detrimental effect on MTB sport as a whole?

let's keep the discussion going - isn't that what this site is for? if it wasn't for it - i would not have met you - even in cyber space. you never know if you will stumble upon my local trail here in Ontario and need my help.. would't that be awesome?

Cow Clicker
    Mojo: you seem to have switched gripes mid-rant. Let's go back to your first post on the topic and take a look at it in pieces.

Honestly, I don't get the rep system at all. What's not to get? If you are stating that you don't understand how rep works, there has been a FAQ up since the inception.

As a long time MTBR member since '97ish. Okay

It has'nt contributed one single positive thing to what this site is SUPPOST to be about, which is riding.Not sure I agree with that. Maybe that is what is is supposed to be about for you, but you probably shouldn't dictate what an Internet website is supposed to be for everyone

First and foremost. It's suppost to be a consumer review site, hence REVIEW. Okay, then this entire forum should be devoted to reviews only. You and the mods can't control that.

Circle Jerk

That's exactly what the owners and advertisers do.

What value does the rep system have? Value is calculated as the total cost of ownership compared to the next likely alternative. The rep system doe not cost you or anyone anything besides the labor associated with maintaining it. Using that measure, the owners need to decide whether the amount of ad revenue generated is more than the cost of maintenance labor.

Calculated in terms of value for you, I would say it causes more grief than satisfaction, so it has negative value for you. Your next likely alternative is to play the game or quit. But flipping the table upside down and having a temper tantrum over how the game is unfair is a childish thing to do.

The same people with one liner "that brand sucks" 40,000 post are the only ones receiving validity and recognition for absolutly nothing.

Give me a list of those people so I can confirm or deny your allegations. I can only speak for myself here. I have written two pretty well received articles to help n00bs and I'm in the middle of another. I'm on this board dozens of times a day answering questions in several forums.

How about contributing a simple paragraph as to why you like or don't like a certain product. I've done that in the review section and dozens of times in the forums.
    For the most part, the people who are whining about rep are people who feel slighted by the system. They are reputable and knowledgable riders who have put a lot of effort into this forum and the reward is a badge of honor. When they several people, who they feel is undeserving, they got upset. It's understandable.

Frankly, what should have happened is anyone who wanted to have a lot of rep should have joined the rep threads and we could have all gotten our rep power over 1,000. Instead, we wasted everyone's time by complaining and "resetting" the rep levels.

mtbr member
    Heres some golden neg rep i got from member VAPEZILLA tonight.
    In retaliation for me saying 'trek are making a new model called the EPO'

''Your just a trek fanboy, you ROCK SPIDER''

i dont think he has realised the anon system is gone lol, so i negged him back to one green square and two rep points, if only i could have put him in the red.
    Actually you neg repped me and insulted me and so I returned the favor.

Yes it is getting better in that regard...

I Ride Bikes
    I like watching this thread unfold.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

Cow Clicker
    It's dead.

Yup

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Last edited by Bill in Houston; 01-09-2013 at 08:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Give it a few days. Won't know for sure until it starts to smell like fish

AZ
    banned
    This thread stunk up the place a long time ago.

rotten fish smell is bad...

Cow Clicker

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast