Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Bahhhh on this whole Rep thing, it's a bunch of crapppp!!! I neg rep people for having too much rep, or just for the hell of it! The only good part is actually reading the comments. You have Members with 100+ Rep who never contribute a god damn thing on the forums, except banter with their member friends. People who organize group rides, or trail care/building events, or offer up sound mechanical help, should have all the Rep.

MTBR your REP System SUCKS old stinky saggy nuttz!

I organize a group ride every Sat. and build copious amounts of trail and banter with the member friends and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that does. Why so much hate?

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Why so much hate?

Helllllllo Admin

Did you miss me.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    ^^ Yes. What's wrong with having friends?

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Last edited by Bill in Houston; 01-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    ^^ Yes. What's wrong with having friends?
    can you be my friend?

sock puppet
    takin' a bullet Bill?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    I organize a group ride every Sat. and build copious amounts of trail and banter with the member friends and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that does. Why so much hate?
    He hates because he was one of those people that used to anon. neg rep people.
    I just looked mine over and and my one and only neg rep that was anon. now shows he did it.

Pretty funny in my eyes

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Last edited by Bill in Houston; 01-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Cow Clicker
    You have Members with 100+ Rep who never contribute a god damn thing on the forums, except banter with their member friends.

Care to compile a list of name of those who never contribute a god damn thing?

People who organize group rides, or trail care/building events, or offer up sound mechanical help, should have all the Rep.

Where in the rules did it say that?
    Has the whaaaambulance arrived to help you with your butthurt yet?
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

the train keeps rollin
    There's plenty of users on this site for 8-10 years always giving solid advice/input, but their post count is low, they have peanuts for rep. Then there's a lot new users, member since 2011/2012 with crazy rep numbers, because they post 10,000 times a year.

I'm not hatin.. just think the system sucks.
    beaver hunt

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Has the whaaaambulance arrived to help you with your butthurt yet?
    i really like the way you use red colour sir...

i think you should have all the rep.

No Stranger to danger....
    There's plenty of users on this site for 8-10 years always giving solid advice/input, but their post count is low, they have peanuts for rep. Then there's a lot new users, member since 2011/2012 with crazy rep numbers, because they post 10,000 times a year.

Youve just got butthurt because youve been here for 6 years and only got 20odd rep power so that gives you about 4 reps a year, and there are others that can seem to get themselves 100 or 200 a year, id suggest that the guys who get rep actually have a personality, give great help, are caring and socially aware type of people........
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Is not amused
    Pro tip: Don't hate

Here let me help you out cry baby.....

Go here....

http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?do=getnew

Find something you can post in. Help where you can. If someone knows how the system works they will say thank you or can rep you. It's that simple. If you don't get rep for your help or you are wrong then so be it. As for posting 90000000 times a year. Currently posting 6.51 per day. It's not that hard if you actually interact with other people on the forums, besides this thread.

Compare this to your 1.38 per day. Given those facts, I would have a higher probability of getting more rep because I contribute more to the forums. So, you could say, but, but, you post in OC a lot and you all stroke each other so hard. Well maybe so I like it ruff. Though I also venture out to the forums and do what I can to help the site, help others, maybe put a smile on someones sour puss face that has a shitty attitude.

For the members that contribute to sub forums and just stay there, I'm 100% certain they could give two flying fvcks about rep. People know they help. It's up to other users like yourself to rep them and thank them. So that's just about that, so you can continue on going back and forth about why rep sucks but it just won't get you anywhere.

sock puppet
    i gotta tell you hutch... i did miss you... and i am not ashamed to admit it...

hatin' sucks... your advice is kosher...

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Pro tip: Don't hate

Here let me help you out cry baby.....

Go here....

http://forums.mtbr.com/search.php?do=getnew

Find something you can post in. Help where you can. If someone knows how the system works they will say thank you or can rep you. It's that simple. If you don't get rep for your help or you are wrong then so be it. As for posting 90000000 times a year. Currently posting 6.51 per day. It's not that hard if you actually interact with other people on the forums, besides this thread.

Compare this to your 1.38 per day. Given those facts, I would have a higher probability of getting more rep because I contribute more to the forums. So, you could say, but, but, you post in OC a lot and you all stroke each other so hard. Well maybe so I like it ruff. Though I also venture out to the forums and do what I can to help the site, help others, maybe put a smile on someones sour puss face that has a shitty attitude.

For the members that contribute to sub forums and just stay there, I'm 100% certain they could give two flying fvcks about rep. People know they help. It's up to other users like yourself to rep them and thank them. So that's just about that, so you can continue on going back and forth about why rep sucks but it just won't get you anywhere.

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    i gotta tell you hutch... i did miss you... and i am not ashamed to admit it...

hatin' sucks... your advice is kosher...
    I secretly stalked you and others on my time off. Missing anything?? Besides rep.

Admin you're funny, I ain't even mad though....

Cow Clicker

Which ones? Give me a list of names so I can confirm or deny your allegations.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Last edited by Bill in Houston; 01-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    snowdrifter, i got your note about not all negging each other. i agree. let's do something positive, or at least not negative, with our energy. play stupid rep games around here and see if you get any +, or go contribute where your experience and expertise are strongest, and see if you get some rep there. and even if you don't, you did the right thing. be seeing you around.
    nice work Bill...

snowdrifter - there is value in being a good person. you can learn everything else, but you can't learn to be RAD...

you'll see - it's gotta be worth some + rep...

now you know why OC is "different"...

sock puppet
    I secretly stalked you and others on my time off. Missing anything?? Besides rep.

Admin you're funny, I ain't even mad though....
    it appears that we are in the interim phase - regrouping. tone's checked into a rehab, he was really hit hard with these changes. but he will champion through it with a little help from his sister. OC Illuminati have been discussing our next move. i have a feeling it will be unforgettable. Soon.

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Youve just got butthurt because youve been here for 6 years and only got 20odd rep power so that gives you about 4 reps a year, and there are others that can seem to get themselves 100 or 200 a year, id suggest that the guys who get rep actually have a personality, give great help, are caring and socially aware type of people........
    knee padzone free.... careless about green squares.. rant over..
    beaver hunt

Trail Prospector
    Just returned from the holidays to comp / rep access. Sadly, it appears the admin has not yet provided any answers to questions for singling out the OC crew to devalue & eliminate rep in the Off Camber forum - where all were playing by the set rules.
    If I missed their reply(ies) - please let me know.

Feel this current action has lessened trust, and that further rep debate will create more tension.
    (edit) Just returned from my 1st ride in nearly 2 weeks, and ahhhh, yes now all is good.
    Last edited by Flyin_W; 12-28-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

mtbr member

The system does suck. It only benefits the helpful contributors when other people recognize the contributions and actually leave rep for those contributors.

Are you part of the solution? Do you rep those solid users? How often?

EDIT: Just read Hutch's response. What he said...

Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

Snowdrifter has stated he neg reped people with a high rep count, just because they had a high rep count.
    So the answer is no Marps.

mtbr member
    If you don't like the rep system, don't use it. You can even hide it via your account settings. Just like the other forums, the O/C section is for everyone. There's no rep count or secret handshake to let you in. Some forums are more close in friendships than others as well.

Want more positive rep? Help out. Want more reputation? Help out. Want more red? Come across as a jerk. If you got outed for your negative comments after the change, man up and deal with it. You posted it, what did you expect?

I never saw the rep system as a popularity contest. Those that have interpreted it that way seem the ones most bent out shape over the system.

Heres some golden neg rep i got from member VAPEZILLA tonight.
    In retaliation for me saying 'trek are making a new model called the EPO'

''Your just a trek fanboy, you ROCK SPIDER''

i dont think he has realised the anon system is gone lol, so i negged him back to one green square and two rep points, if only i could have put him in the red.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast