Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    No Stranger to danger....
    Why should the peoples posts in the OC n rep not be counted, i'll tell you now the OC is the beating heart of this place, the biggest posters of this site have a community there, they dont just hang out there, they are all over the forum giving advise and help, theres no rules here that say people arnt allowed to be social and make friends, theres only so much one can talk about bikes.
    Prime example of the flip side is that in the fat bike forum and every forum, people look after their mates, it goes on all the time in state forums and bike forums, so why is the OC forum any different?
    And yes you did say the OC should be abolished, its in your post.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Doesn't every forum need an off topic place like the OC? It definitely keeps the clutter down in other sections. Do you want to click on Passion to see a bunch of posts about who cooked what for dinner, or read about who's listening to what type of music? The OC is a necessary evil.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Suck it up princess, i stated in my original post that im no saint, if you were one of the muppets that copped for good reason, one suck it up, and what are you doing here in the OC after youve clearly stated you think it should be abolished and its stupid, ive clearly stated ive sent a few before, and for yourself, looks like it couldnt have gone to a bigger dribbler, cheers mate n happy christmas..

That is pretty good. The question is did you get a negative in return for this? Do you have any negatives as good?

I posted that the whole rep system is flawed and provided no real value and suggested a way to protest by negative repping the owner of the boards (francois). Instead the 5 or 6 people I gave negative reps to *****ed and moaned like a bunch of cry babies. The funniest thing was that the leader of that pack, was given a negative rep by mistake. I actually just quoted him and it looks like I hit the wrong button. But the turns out to have made my point.

The whole rep thing (positive) is a stupid popularity contest by a bunch of 8 year old girls. The fact that someone with all those rep points would get their panties in a wad over a negative rep is just hilarious. Give a negative rep to a person with low reps and nobody cares. Give it to certain people and the tampons fly.

So tell me, what do people think the rep system provides? Do you trust a person with more rep points more? Is anyone giving out negative reps not out of retaliation?

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    The whole rep thing (positive) is a stupid popularity contest by a bunch of 8 year old girls. The fact that someone with all those rep points would get their panties in a wad over a negative rep is just hilarious. Give a negative rep to a person with low reps and nobody cares. Give it to certain people and the tampons fly.
    Am I getting this right? -> you do not care about something but you still feel the urge to intervene just to get people agitated

Cow Clicker
    For me, the rep system is a deconstructive satire of social games (particularly those developed by Zynga) whose core gameplay only involves clicking on items at certain intervals, de-emphasizing the artistic aspects of video games in favor of promoting social interaction and monetization.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Am I getting this right? -> you do not care about something but you still feel the urge to intervene just to get people agitated

Yep, he cared so little that he logged on solely to anonymously negative rep people without posting any useful content what so ever. And he cares so little that he continues to post on the matter. Hypocrite much?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypso View Post
    I'm not defending anyone for anything, but the Passion forum ain't what it used to be.
    Says the guy who's been a member since December 2012.

C'mon and fess-up. Who are you?
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    Says the guy who's been a member since December 2012.

C'mon and fess-up. Who are you?
    December 23, to be specific.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypso View Post
    I guy that has spent way too much time worrying about his "reputation."

Happy 2013!

Please, make the best of it.

And, how'd that work out for you?

Cow Clicker
    I also want to state that none of those rep threads were exclusive. The main people In the thread were begging people to join the fun. It really didn't take long before we couldn't rep each other anyway. A lot of my rep came from reciprocal rep outside the OC when people would leave positive comments on other threads I started OR from people who I would positive rep for keeping a heated discussion civil.

Rep IS a social network game - nothing more. People complained and the rule makers discriminated against a group who figured out a way to, without breaking the rules, get the most points. Period. It means nothing more than a high score on FarmVille or surviving the Cowpocalypse.

Some people were using the game to be mean and malicious with hate speech. I think that is the root of the problems with the rep system. But it's no different than playing Call of Duty against a bunch of foul-mouthed 12 year olds.

All I've got to say to anyone who is all butthurt about the rep system: Leeroy Jenkins.
    Last edited by wmac; 12-26-2012 at 09:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Yep, he cared so little that he logged on solely to anonymously negative rep people without posting any useful content what so ever. And he cares so little that he continues to post on the matter. Hypocrite much?
    Dude, that is bull crap. I did not log on, send a negative post and log out. I doubt anyone would do that. And your damn thing was an error. That was actually your statement that was posted and quoted, that I actually thought was funny. It actually looks like I hit the wrong button. However, it makes my point quite well. As you said in your post, when you go negative, make it good.

I never said I don't care.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Dude, that is bull crap. I did not log on, send a negative post and log out. I doubt anyone would do that. And your damn thing was an error. That was actually your statement that was posted and quoted, that I actually thought was funny. It actually looks like I hit the wrong button. However, it makes my point quite well. As you said in your post, when you go negative, make it good.

I never said I don't care.
    A PM stating such would have gone a long way in your case. I know it did in the times I accidentally neg repped someone.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I think the rep thing is funny. The first couple neg I got, I was like WTF and sent PM's. But then I realized there's little to no reason to give a **** about the rep. It's just fun to see the comments left with them.

This is what several folks use it for though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    A PM stating such would have gone a long way in your case. I know it did in the times I accidentally neg repped someone.
    Actually, I did not know until he posted it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    That is not correct. I never said I did not care.

Front Range, Colorado
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    I think the rep thing is funny. The first couple neg I got, I was like WTF and sent PM's. But then I realized there's little to no reason to give a **** about the rep. It's just fun to see the comments left with them.

What? Bragging about the length of your toptube. Remember geometry is everything.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post

I don't think anyone is disputing that. Riding bikes serves the same purpose. It's all a dong slinging contest.

see me rollin, they hatin
    hey, i dont sling my dong!

i swing it.
    fap

Cow Clicker
    I gently sway mine from front to back or side to side.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    I also want to state that none of those rep threads were exclusive. The main people In the thread were begging people to join the fun. It really didn't take long before we couldn't rep each other anyway. A lot of my rep came from reciprocal rep outside the OC when people would leave positive comments on other threads I started OR from people who I would positive rep for keeping a heated discussion civil.

Rep IS a social network game - nothing more. People complained and the rule makers discriminated against a group who figured out a way to, without breaking the rules, get the most points. Period. It means nothing more than a high score on FarmVille or surviving the Cowpocalypse.

Some people were using the game to be mean and malicious with hate speech. I think that is the root of the problems with the rep system. But it's no different than playing Call of Duty against a bunch of foul-mouthed 12 year olds.

All I've got to say to anyone who is all butthurt about the rep system: Leeroy Jenkins.
    The rep system is available to all MTBR members. I'd guess over 90% of them never leave any rep (but do complain when they receive a -rep or don't receive any +rep for their contributions). Then there's a small percentage that only leave -rep when they see something they don't like. Finally, there's those that do fully use the rep system within the limits setup by the admins.

But, nobody wants to hear this. They want to hear about how the OC'ers ruin the rep system.

Even people who don't care about the rep system and those who want to abolish it still need someone to blame.

Can I take all of the blame and get the requisite neg reps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Last edited by Bill in Houston; 01-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.

the train keeps rollin
    MTBR your REP System
    Last edited by snowdrifter; 12-27-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    beaver hunt

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    ^ I think you missed the point of the banter in the OC...It was because it (rep system) sucked, a lot of us got around spam repping each-other into oblivion.
    The anonymous negative reps were the core of the problem with the system. If you have something to say, either pos or neg, just man up and own up to it. Too many D-bags hid behind the anonymity and the negativism has been greatly reduced IMHO since a rep is no longer anonymous.
    YMMV
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Bahhhh on this whole Rep thing, it's a bunch of crapppp!!! I neg rep people for having too much rep, or just for the hell of it! The only good part is actually reading the comments. You have Members with 100+ Rep who never contribute a god damn thing on the forums, except banter with their member friends. People who organize group rides, or trail care/building events, or offer up sound mechanical help, should have all the Rep.

MTBR your REP System SUCKS old stinky saggy nuttz!
    Uploaded with Imgupr

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast