Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemaya View Post
    So who is in the stocks? I am not the type to lob rotten red tomatoes, but I do like to point and laugh
    Santa's coming to town....

to start with

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Strongarm View Post
    Except that no one reads the reviews because they suck so much. This place is driven by noobs and the advertisers that target noobs. Mike from Bikes Direct was shilling in here for a long time, things like that do nothing for the creadibility of this site. Pinkbike has probably ten times the viewers, why? Some of these guys in the OC have been contributing for quite some time but tire of the free for all that is the 29er forum or beginners forum. Little wonder they don't venture into those places anymore. Then when the curtain is pulled back and the users can see the hypocracy of the admin and some of the supermods they have to cover their ass. I predict long time users will be heading for the exits now, rep was a last gasp effort to keep users here and they screwed that up. When their golden boy mikesee got outed for all to witness they had to put the brakes on it further losing legitamacy.
    Link to the Mikesee debate? If he got banned, it didn't help that his signature was "This place needs an enema" Especially with how he spammed here with every picture he took having a watermark of spam placed prominently advertising his wheel building. I also know a guy he gave a DT Swiss 240S with Flows wheelset to, claiming it was a long term review. That same guy rides the most p*ssy trails around, with the least amount of vertical, and got called out for shuttling a Giant Anthem 29'er up a perfectly rideable hill by MTroy, when he was supposed to be reviewing the wheels. Same guy never said a word about 2 broken nipples on his Mikesee wheels until he was called out and asked to report on it. give someone expensive freebies like a wheel set, and you'll never get a true report, guys on the hind tit never bite the hand that feeds them the freebies... it's when you pay for your own gear with your own hard earned money that you get honest reports.
    Last edited by Boyonadyke; 12-24-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    we have no lives!
    Get outta town, our posts bring life to the OC... I've in the back of my mind always thought it stands for Obsessive Compulsiver... as in repping or posting or LOL on poop threads. Whatever...
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Cow Clicker
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

usually cranky
    how exactly does rep work now? i got back to 100 and since then have recieved nearly 200 rep points but my rep has not gone up.

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    how exactly does rep work now? i got back to 100 and since then have recieved nearly 200 rep points but my rep has not gone up.
    maybe it is 201
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

AZ
    banned

Your rep is 101. Have you been drinking again?

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    ^ Must have...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

I Ride Bikes

I think 200 points = 1 rep power now.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

Front Range, Colorado

Dumb question here…

Not to get off course on this very informative thread but: I have always wondered about the meaning of the "blue square" chicklet. Every time I have gotten one I have been dumbfounded on if it is good or bad. There is never a comment on it.
    1] Why would you give one
    2] Is it bad or good
    3] How do you give one
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Cow Clicker
    So, is there a difference between reputation and rep power? When you sort the members by reputation, people with less rep power are listed higher in some cases.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Not to get off course on this very informative thread but: I have always wondered about the meaning of the "blue square" chicklet. Every time I have gotten one I have been dumbfounded on if it is good or bad. There is never a comment on it.
    1] Why would you give one
    2] Is it bad or good
    3] How do you give one
    It's from people with fewer than 50 posts.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    It's from people with fewer than 50 posts.
    Thanks but still confused can you elaborate on that. Good,bad or ugly. Doe's it add to Rep or take away or do nothing. As I crack open a brew sit back and wait.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Thanks but still confused can you elaborate on that. Good,bad or ugly. Doe's it add to Rep or take away or do nothing. As I crack open a brew sit back and wait.
    generally the rule is the same if it is a neutered neg they have to leave a comment. If has no comment it was a positive. but if it had a comment that was positive then your guess is as good as any one elses. But the result is the same it will not effect your rep either way.

edit throw me a brew eh!

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    generally the rule is the same if it is a neutered neg they have to leave a comment. If has no comment it was a positive. but if it had a comment that was positive then your guess is as good as any one elses. But the result is the same it will not effect your rep either way.

edit throw me a brew eh!
    Thanks I'm a little less confused.
    If you like Sam Adams Boston Lager I left a sixer on your front porch. Merry Christmas!
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    I read the reviews here. It is how I found the site and why I signed up.

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Your rep is 101. Have you been drinking again?
    Sorry i am the guilty party making him see things that are not there

Fat & Single
    Confusing to say the least. They must have given a higher value for years membership and posts then downgraded given rep points. Shiggy benefited with a jump from approx 98 to 160.... I'm away till new year so posting from my phone so not searching for exact figures.

My new way will be searching my friends list and rep them for good posts in other threads or pick up their link from a rep. MTBR you have lost some respect after this farce... it was a robin hood scam, only you took from the little guys.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Last edited by Bill in Houston; 01-09-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Cow Clicker
    Robin Hood? More like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. I also heard you can't neg rep a mod or admin.

AZ
    banned
    They also canceled Christmas and 2013.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by _Alberto_ View Post
    Yes. You're right. You know what they say about arguing over the Internet...
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    They also canceled Christmas and 2013.
    I heard Christmas is coming but will be reduced and curved. 2013 is not guaranteed as of yet.

Harrumph
    Great news, the new system is here, if you go to your rep page all pos and neg rep is now signed and it goes back too lol
    Bring on repageddin..

Thoughts, and have you got any surprises, lol

Well done to the admin for listening to the people, its a new dawn for MTBR....
    Ive sent the odd unsigned neg in the past, so im no saint, but its definitely a better system now.

Whats every bodies thoughts?
    Here's a (formerly) anonymous Neg rep message I received for this post

"pathetic O/T butthurt, you never know you might find a personality over there, heres something to whine about, compliments of the O/T forum you think is stupid and want abolished, ENJOY"

Well a single click of internet stalking on the screen name and SURPRISE, it's none other than the OP of this thread! OOOOOOH the Ironing.

Thanks Tone's for coming all the way over to the Fatbike forum to prove my point.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by G-reg View Post
    Here's a (formerly) anonymous Neg rep message I received for this post

"pathetic O/T butthurt, you never know you might find a personality over there, heres something to whine about, compliments of the O/T forum you think is stupid and want abolished, ENJOY"

Well a single click of internet stalking on the screen name and SURPRISE, it's none other than the OP of this thread! OOOOOOH the Ironing.

Thanks Tone's for coming all the way over to the Fatbike forum to prove my point.
    Suck it up princess, i stated in my original post that im no saint, if you were one of the muppets that copped for good reason, one suck it up, and what are you doing here in the OC after youve clearly stated you think it should be abolished and its stupid, ive clearly stated ive sent a few before, and for yourself, looks like it couldnt have gone to a bigger dribbler, cheers mate n happy christmas..
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-26-2012 at 02:52 AM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Harrumph
    Don't worry, I'm not losing any sleep.

And actually read the post, I'm not saying that OT should disappear. I'm saying the rep system should go away. Or at least make it so rep and post count can't be inflated by OT posts.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast