Front Range, Colorado

Thread closing extravaganza..

What's with closing all the fun threads. The horse thread just got closed........why? There was nothing controversial in there. Just a bunch of good discussions going on. This is just one of many that have been closed lately. I can see closing a thread due to flaming or controversial images and such but to close it because of an apposing view is not right. These are discussion forums. If the topic doesn't suit the intended forum move the thread to the appropriate forum with a header explaining where it went.

Why??

I hate horse riders
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Loves reading excuses
    I'd say this will be closed soon, but it's no fun.

I don't know what to tell you.
    "It's becoming increasingly clear to me that the worst thing ever to happen to cycling is the Internet." --BSNYC

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    I'd say this will be closed soon, but it's no fun.

I don't know what to tell you.
    It just makes no sense to close a thread due to an apposing view.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    DJ,
    There are plenty of Horse v Rider discussions in the local forums as you well know and have participated in them, having one here in the General Forum was redundant and the fact that it started off using the word "hate" is a bad thing. Do you think it is valuable to have people contributing to a thread that is a "hateful" thread?

Perhaps I could have renamed it, but in the end I did not feel we need yet another horse v rider thread.

I thought my explanation at the end was valid. Also I am going to move this to site feedback as it does not belong in General.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

As for it seeming like many threads are being moved all at once, that is because I was out of town for 6 days and tend to moderate the general forum the most. We are trying to keep threads in the correct location as much as possible, threads about drivetrain issues and suspension seem to get started everywhere BUT the Drivetrain and Suspension forums. I find I move a large number of those on a regular basis. There is no reason to have different sub-forums with specific categories if no one uses them, or if the information they seek is not there, so we move it there to make it easier to find.

mtbr member
    The awesome strap thread closure was another example of good fun put to an end.

Pretty sure the advertising dollars will soon shut down threads about how great 26" wheel bikes are.

Front Range, Colorado
    Well the word hate is used in many threads. It just describes ones feelings of a certain topic. Without one opinion versus another opinion do we really have a discussion. Sounds boring to me if we all agreed on everything. I still think there was no reason to close it. Maybe move it to where the other horse threads are in Passion. Or combine it with them..just saying.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

I didn't do it
    LOL, this thread was started in General and moved here.

The horse thread wasn't hurting anybody. Hate might be a little strong. But it also seemed to be used in a lesser tone than all out hate. Its all about context.

If I had a drivetrain issue I'd start the thread in General simply because there would be more eyeballs on it.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    LOL, this thread was started in General and moved here.

The horse thread wasn't hurting anybody. Hate might be a little strong. But it also seemed to be used in a lesser tone than all out hate. Its all about context.

If I had a drivetrain issue I'd start the thread in General simply because there would be more eyeballs on it.
    That is the problem, we want people to be able to come here and go to the drivetrain forum first and find what they need. By actively moderating the forums so the threads are placed in the correct place, something that was not always done in the past, people will start to get the idea and we will not have people creating them in the wrong place and new users will be able to better find what they need when searching a specific sub forum.

The horse thread was called "why I hate horses". It was being specific about a certain trail without actually naming that trail or area. If it had I would of moved it to that sub forum. It was not productive and anti-horse threads have popped up so much over the years, there is no reason for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    The awesome strap thread closure was another example of good fun put to an end.

Pretty sure the advertising dollars will soon shut down threads about how great 26" wheel bikes are.
    The strap thread had turned into a trolling/random chat thread, which is not allowed. It was not a serious thread by any means.