Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Flaccid Member

The Stoner's Threads.

I don't get it, don't understand how smoking or eating some marijuana and operating a vehicle on public trails or multi use trails on public land goes together.

Regarding medication use... are we seeing folks discuss Oxycontin, or other prescribed drugs on MTBR?

I won't claim to understand how the advertisers feel about pot heads on MTBR, though I would suspect they wished the riders were spending less on pot and more on mountain bike parts, which only works if stoners crash more and break more parts.

I've seen moderators post about how some of the posts made here, they wouldn't want teenagers to read what's been posted. Are posts about marijuana use consistent with that?

What, exactly is MTBR's owner (Francois Cebado's of California, USA's) stated policy on drug consumption, and marijuana use? Yes, in California we have Medical Marijuana. In the Netherlands, all non patriots are no longer allowed to go to the Cafe's to toke up, it's for Dutch Citizens only. What did they find out, that they changed their non patriot policy, about pot usage?

Do 29'er partake?
    What about Freeriders or the Down Hill crowd?
    XC racers?

The Arizona crowd as well as those from CA, WA and CO?
    Last edited by Boyonadyke; 01-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    A whole forum dedicated to alcohol consumption (beer) and you're worried about the occasional mention of pot? Why would you even give a sh*t ? Does it directly affect you ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVID J View Post
    A whole forum dedicated to alcohol consumption (beer) and you're worried about the occasional mention of pot? Why would you even give a sh*t ? Does it directly affect you ?
    Pot is a known gateway drug. Leading to gun use. Which is obviously evil.

Didn't you get the memo??

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVID J View Post
    Only when the stoners drive while baked, get in a wreck, and kill a couple of kids and their mother. Messy.

I'm pretty Libertarian, support the legalization of all drugs, don't give a rip what other people do but people have got to be responsible for their actions. Marijuana, alcohol...all massively unhealthy and prime you for irresponsible behavior which the rest of us end up paying for.

It's also funny how obsessed a lot of people are about weed. It's all they think about.

AZ
    banned
    29ers are the gateway to drugs and alcohol? Is there some kind of new 29er specific spliff? 29er riders are degenerates who smoke dope and drink alcohol all day? WTF? for $500.00 Alex.
    Last edited by AZ; 01-06-2013 at 01:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    The only Mary Jane I'm interested in is located at Winter Park

change is good
    Sep 2004
    I'm in f'in withdrawal now. I have a head cold and the trails are unridable.

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    I'm so high I don't even know what's going on right now.

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    I don't get it, don't understand how smoking or eating some marijuana and operating a vehicle on public trails or multi use trails on public land goes together.

Regarding medication use... are we seeing folks discuss Oxycontin, or other prescribed drugs on MTBR?

I won't claim to understand how the advertisers feel about pot heads on MTBR, though I would suspect they wished the riders were spending less on pot and more on mountain bike parts, which only works if stoners crash more and break more parts.

I've seen moderators post about how some of the posts made here, they wouldn't want teenagers to read what's been posted. Are posts about marijuana use consistent with that?

What, exactly is MTBR's owner (Francois Cebado's of California, USA's) stated policy on drug consumption, and marijuana use? Yes, in California we have Medical Marijuana. In the Netherlands, all non patriots are no longer allowed to go to the Cafe's to toke up, it's for Dutch Citizens only. What did they find out, that they changed their non patriot policy, about pot usage?

Do 29'er partake?
    What about Freeriders or the Down Hill crowd?
    XC racers?

The Arizona crowd as well as those from CA, WA and CO?
    Why does it matter who partakes and what "classification" or demographics they fall under? This is a pretty close minded post, trying to call out the owner and other mods of MTBR to get their opinion. I get that you may not agree with others about the use of marijuana, and thats fine, but there is nothing wrong with individuals coming together and chatting about it on a forum. Teens see all this talk about beer, yet its illegal for them until they are 21 but you are not worried about that? Yes, it can be a gateway drug, but so is alcohol, and so are over the counter drugs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All things in moderation..sex-drugs-rockinroll all have their place. There will always be those who cannot handle it. Those who can't control themselves know who they are..and should stay innocent.
    lean forward

squish, squish in da fish
    HA! You sir need to educate yourself before making statements like that. Guess what, wait for it................... I smoke pot once a day, have a good job and ride with a bunch of suits that know I smoke. Often they will partake (oh my). I love railing singletrack, amongst other things, while "tuned" in. that would be a sativa not indica. Oh yeah I do ride a 29er

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    You know what the best thing about being high is?

The view.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

lmao

Hell im baked right now. But i dont smoke,i only vape kb . I enjoy it before fun rides with my riding bros and after training rides. It just helps me relax and takes the edge off.it also boosts my appetite for post ride feeds which helps boosts recovery imho. Oh and i ride a singlespeed 29er :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

lmao

Hell im baked right now. But i dont smoke,i only vape kb . I enjoy it before fun rides with my riding bros and after training rides. It just helps me relax and takes the edge off.it also boosts my appetite for post ride feeds which helps boosts recovery imho. Oh and i ride a singlespeed 29er :-)

squish, squish in da fish
    your so baked you double posted. effin stoner lol

undercover brother
    Funions

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    your so baked you double posted. effin stoner lol
    haha.. i laughed when I saw the double post.. prob was enjoying some doritos and forgot he already posted..

I do not like the whole weed thing.. but I don't care what people do in there free time.. I am a realist.. I think it will be legal in this country within the next 20 years..

And when that time comes I will tell my kids the same thing my parents told me.. you do what you want.. just realize there are consequences to any and all actions and you have to be responsible for those actions..
    I never smoked.. In my social groupings the kids getting stoned were losers.. I wasn't about that. Did some go on to successful lives? yes.. some did not.. but I also know people that didn't drink, smoke or get baked that have nothing near a "Successful" existence.

This forum is a lot of fun for me b/c I come from Diesel performance, sport bike, weightlifting forums that have a very very different feel. They are very anti drug for the most part so I enjoy seeing such threads..

And I will say without a doubt this forum has some of the most hateful and rude posts. I was very surprised by that.. you damn hippies!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    haha.. i laughed when I saw the double post.. prob was enjoying some doritos and forgot he already posted..

I do not like the whole weed thing.. but I don't care what people do in there free time.. I am a realist.. I think it will be legal in this country within the next 20 years..

And when that time comes I will tell my kids the same thing my parents told me.. you do what you want.. just realize there are consequences to any and all actions and you have to be responsible for those actions..
    I never smoked.. In my social groupings the kids getting stoned were losers.. I wasn't about that. Did some go on to successful lives? yes.. some did not.. but I also know people that didn't drink, smoke or get baked that have nothing near a "Successful" existence.

This forum is a lot of fun for me b/c I come from Diesel performance, sport bike, weightlifting forums that have a very very different feel. They are very anti drug for the most part so I enjoy seeing such threads..

And I will say without a doubt this forum has some of the most hateful and rude posts. I was very surprised by that.. you damn hippies!
    What in your mind is a successful existence? What is a loser? Who are your heroes? Please tell..
    lean forward

mtbr member
    Keep in mind my views come from my high school time.

I am not condemning someone for getting stoned. The group I was referring to did nothing. Just get high and play video games. Me and my friends were sports guys so we were getting drunk. Chasing girls, sports ect ect.

Does this make us losers? Maybe. Really depends what side of the fence you are standing on.

I am now an adult and I do have friends that occasionally get high. I don't care and I am not around when they do.

My Hero's are varied and it comes from my interests.

Trent Rezner is one of Hero's. hugeee heroin junkie for the better part of the 90s. I don't hold it against him.

Don't take my comments as attacking or rude. They are not meant to be. Just my views on life.

undercover brother

My Hero's are varied and it comes from my interests.

Trent Rezner is one of Hero's. hugeee heroin junkie for the better part of the 90s. I don't hold it against him.
    Without the heroin, I doubt he would have even produced good enough music to be a hero...ironically

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceride View Post
    What in your mind is a successful existence? What is a loser? Who are your heroes? Please tell..
    Why don't you show and tell first?
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    Without the heroin, I doubt he would have even produced good enough music to be a hero...ironically
    Blasphemy my good sir!!! Fragile, With Teeth, and Year Zero are all heroin free!! (I think)

if you wanna get your mind blow go research the idea and execution around the year zero album.. He created a whole story on the nuclear bombing on the US and the aftermath. And how scientists (rebel scientists haha) are trying to send back the info to warn the past.. but they can only send messages using media that is already written, typed, ect.. The amount of research he did for it is huge. Year zero is the soundtrack of this story. It's IMHO absolutely amazing..

undercover brother
    Blasphemy my good sir!!! Fragile, With Teeth, and Year Zero are all heroin free!! (I think)

if you wanna get your mind blow go research the idea and execution around the year zero album.. He created a whole story on the nuclear bombing on the US and the aftermath. And how scientists (rebel scientists haha) are trying to send back the info to warn the past.. but they can only send messages using media that is already written, typed, ect.. The amount of research he did for it is huge. Year zero is the soundtrack of this story. It's IMHO absolutely amazing..
    I will have to listen now knowing that. Pretty rad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    I will have to listen now knowing that. Pretty rad.
    Another version of the truth and Zero Sum in my opinion would have been just as popular as The fragile if NIN would have toured more..

Check out the Beside You in Time DVD for some amazing live performances..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Why don't you show and tell first?
    Fred Rodgers is one hero of mine. Joe Fraser is another. We have the same fighting style. Always adhere to the golden rule. Don't take advantage of another ones inadequacies. Don't take money from fools. Never feel one up on others. Hold true to all agreements made, including marriage. Success is not about income. Its about how one treats others.

A loser is one who makes their money from the inadequacies of others. One who uses friends and family as a tool. A loser is one who needs constant reminder of how good they are. A loser has to win all arguments despite the harm to ones relationship with that person. A loser has to be the head of any organization they belong to.

Winners and losers has notta to do with ones way of coping. No one white knuckles it through life.

I'm sure we all have different ideas of success. Some the acquiring of wealth by whatever means is success. Others like to ruin lives of people they don't even know.

Some children are raised to feel they are one up on others. I find as adults they are a pita.

I don't know personally anybody here so this is not directed to anybody specific. If this post upsets one then the shoe probably fits though..
    Last edited by 1niceride; 01-06-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    lean forward

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast