Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceride View Post
    If this upsets one then the shoe probably fits though..
    well put

mtbr member
    May 2006
    To the original OP - who freaking cares what people do in their own free time? I agree with the point about driving high and killing someone. But I bet you dollars to millions of donuts (as I'm high right now and donuts are awesome) that drunk people driving have killed way more people.
    Sorry but I've seen alcohol ruin way more people lives than smoking a fatty. You sound like your typical fear monger. Kids are bombarded by way more alcohol messaging than pot.

For the record I'm a college educated professional making six figures working 40-60 hours a week who makes time to train an hour a day at minimum. I also haven't touched alcohol in years. Oh yes i also have a wonderful wife and 2.3 kids in a beautiful house that i bust my ass to lookafter. But i may have the odd few puffs over the course of the year. Why do you care? And further more why try to drag to site into this debate? That just puts everyone (including this site that we all love - well maybe not you) in an awkward position
    Almost forgot - i have an all mountain bike XC bike that I race and a road bike that I train on. So I think you will find that pot use pretty much crosses all demographic boundaries on bike and off
    Lets keep this forum to the good stuff. And by good Stuff I mean bikes!

I live in Canada. I should likely mention that as well. We tend to be a little more laid back. If you're ever in the neighbourhood - Call me and we can smoke a spliff and i'll show You some wicked trails

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    Pot is a known gateway drug. Leading to gun use. Which is obviously evil.

Didn't you get the memo??
    Classic!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Marijuana and motor vehicle use - reaction time, judgement, ability to quickly access a situation and react to it all affected to some degree.

Whereas biking down a bike path consists of stay right except to pass.

Sorry just don't see the danger unless it's bike courier all over downtown New York or something. Middle of the woods? Where's the danger?

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham77 View Post
    Marijuana and motor vehicle use - reaction time, judgement, ability to quickly access a situation and react to it all affected to some degree.

Whereas biking down a bike path consists of stay right except to pass.

Sorry just don't see the danger unless it's bike courier all over downtown New York or something. Middle of the woods? Where's the danger?
    Our mountain bike trails are quite congested with mountain bikers going both ways, equestrians, hikers, lots of blind turns, etc, all of em, usually on single track trails.
    Last edited by Boyonadyke; 01-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Our mountain bike trails are quite congested with mountain bikers going both ways, equestrians, hikers, lots of blind turns, etc, all of em, usually on single track trails.
    So you should carry a couple extra doobies so that you can share!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2