mtbr member

Slow site performance...

Not sure if it's the site or my computer but it's been taking 20-30 seconds or longer to navigate between threads or sections and no less than a full minute to almost two minutes to post a reply. This is the ONLY site I'm having issues with. All other forums I visit are working as they always have. Is it the site or something I can do on my end to fix this? I know with all the movie ads and these damn scrolling ads, the site for me has gone downhill, but now it's getting to the point were it's nearly unusable.

AZ
    banned
    Site is getting slower.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Site is getting slower.
    It's about damn time you admitted this, and stopped parroting the change browsers, clear your cache/cookies, crap

SITE ADMIN,
    FWIW, I'll ditto the OP's issues.
    It took me almost 2 minutes from the time I clicked this threads link, until it actually showed up, and another 30 seconds before I could start typing.

Do you have any intention of fixing the problems that continue to surface ?
    Some of them are over 2 years old, and it appears nothing has been done to remedy the situation, and the feedback to forum users is basically non-existent.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Same here, as if it weren't already the absolute slowest forum on the internet. I think they are doing it on purpose to make me stop coming here and ride my bike more.

Warrior's Society
    And it is worse on the Iphone......didn't the last upgrade/update make it so it was more user friendly on mobile devices.

But yeah, it is slow on the home PC as well.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member

Re: Slow site performance...

+1 on the mobile issues, it seems up and down for me. One point 30-45 secs to post next post takes 2-3 mins to post. It's gotten really bad over the last week or so.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    It's about damn time you admitted this, and stopped parroting the change browsers, clear your cache/cookies, crap

Admit what? Having trouble on one day does not a trend make. I'll thank you very much to refrain from including me in your incessant complaining in the future.

banned
    Aug 2012
    +2 years worth of others complaining in this section about slow responses, timeouts, and now forced audio advertising ... Good enough for me.

From the related thread section at the bottom of this thread ... There are many more just like this, that fill the gaps over a few years.

MTBR site super slow - is it just me?
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 06:56 AM

Site is slow after the upgrade
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 06:11 PM

The site admin's need to fix their problem, or watch the continued slow death as users leave this place.
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I understand that this site needs the revenue generated by adds. I can live with the adds. I cannot and will not put up with adds that speak at me, especially over and over. I have iTunes playing and that's what I want to listen to. If I have to listen to adds, I will leave and not come back.

mtbr member
    I hate to see it's an issue for others but at the same time I'm glad it's not just me...I mean that it's not something wrong on my end. It's always been on the slow side here but the last couple weeks have been nearly unbearable. This computer, laptop, work computer, tablet, phone...all the same. Different browsers, same problem. I love this place but I feel like I'm being driven out.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I hate to see it's an issue for others but at the same time I'm glad it's not just me...I mean that it's not something wrong on my end. It's always been on the slow side here but the last couple weeks have been nearly unbearable. This computer, laptop, work computer, tablet, phone...all the same. Different browsers, same problem. I love this place but I feel like I'm being driven out.
    Some stand up, others.................................

Kudos for voicing your opinion, even if it goes unanswered.

FWIW,
    This IMHO is not a Moderator problem ... It's above, and out of their hands.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    This site has had these problems for way over 6 years now......I am glad others are as fed up as I am

slowest, crappiest run site on the internet

banned
    Some just make baseless complaints in every thread they post in while making the least possible contribution to the community, beside the trolling of course.

Yeah the site has had a few issues but the majority of the users do not have the level of issues that you seem to have, all the while ignoring possible fixes while blaming all of it on the site and its admin. What an asset you are.
    Which banned member are you? Nebelwerfer perhaps? C'mon, you can tell us. Your troll powers are weak and transparent.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    Yeah the site has had a few issues but the majority of the users do not have the level of issues that you seem to have, all the while ignoring possible fixes while blaming all of it on the site and its admin. What an asset you are.
    Which banned member are you? Nebelwerfer perhaps? C'mon, you can tell us. Your troll powers are weak and transparent.
    See the post above yours before you start getting personnel ... The forums have an issue, and I stand corrected ... +6 years and counting.

And your maturity shows clear, as you change my words, child

banned
    If your using a couple of complaints as a metric for leveling complaints your dumber than I gave you credit for. How much do you pay to use this site? As to maturity, your the one trolling all the threads. When you points fingers you would do yourself a service to remember three are pointing back at you. Pinkbike awaits you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Feelings like im on dial up...

But this slowness has been limited to today for me.... Not six years...

mtbr member
    I've been here 4 years and it's always been slowish but the past couple weeks have been terrible. Not sure if it's the ads, something else, my computer. I've tried clearing cookies, restarting, defraging, different browers, different computers, different locations...all the same.

IMO this is one of the best mtb sites on the net, and the worst at the same time. I like the sections and the layout and when you've been around long enough, you kinda get to know some of the posters. I hate to find a new place to hang out on the computer, but at this moment, the site is just about unusable for me. Maybe it will clear up, maybe it won't.

Another thing that's started happening today is about 5 times now I'll try to go to a section and I'll get a screen that says the site is down for scheduled maintenance. Never seen that before in 4 years and it happens numerous times today. Not sure what that's all about but 10-15 minutes later I can get back on the site in all its slow goodness.

mighty sailin' man
    or watch the continued slow death as users leave this place
    some of the users leave because of
    other users that are dix

Not sure if the "best of MTBR WTF" can include users but if they do I nominate you. Take your meds and quit running all over the site complaining. It's really gotten old

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by doco View Post
    This site has had these problems for way over 6 years now......I am glad others are as fed up as I am
    No, just the last two days.

"Just sayin'", as that nosebleed, err... I mean bikeabuser, would say.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    some of the users leave because of
    other users that are dix

Not sure if the "best of MTBR WTF" can include users but if they do I nominate you. Take your meds and quit running all over the site complaining. It's really gotten old
    He has a valid point though.

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    He has a valid point though.
    and I have no problem him saying so. It's the volume and frequency I take issue with. I don't think I'm alone either.

He's better than that

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Slow site performance...

That's odd. I run chrome and multiple java programs at work all day and haven't experienced any slowdowns or issues. Sooo probably not the site (unless tied to peak traffic times)

But meh if you're here for free who can complain haha.

Another idea would be to log off and go ride. Then maybe this marvel of technology that brings you massive amounts of data, the stuff of scifi 10 years ago, may run a few milliseconds faster to serve your highness

unpossibles
    I joined last spring and this has consistently been one of the slowest forums I've ever experienced. Most of the time I don't have the patience to check more than a few threads before I get frustrated and leave.