mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Rant: Vulgar language left with negative rep.

OK, I understand getting negative rep every once in a while but I dont understand how someone can cuss you out without being identified. Half of my negative reps have included something to the tune of Dumb ****, Dick head, dumb username etc. I am not allowed to post these words or treat people like this in the forums yet people can call me these names when leaving negative rep and I don't even know who they are? I wish people were identified when leaving rep but honestly I think there are better systems out there than what MTBR has established. One way I can think of to avoid this is to do the thumbs up or down system for each post. In other words, each post that a person makes will have a thumbs up and a thumbs down symbol with a numerical count. If someone agrees with a post then they leave a TU and the count increases by 1. If someone doesn't agree then they leave a TD and the TD count increases by 1. This will allow everyone reading a thread to see the validity of a persons post. To furhter this system, under a person's username there will be a percentage for all of the posts that the user has left comparing the TU to TD ratio. For example, instead of the blocks and rep power my username would show something to the tune of 56% TU. Although I dont see the puprose of having rep in the first place, I think the system suggested would work better.
    Last edited by FireLikeIYA; 06-25-2012 at 07:54 PM.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    It just means your comments hurt 'em in their manjeyna.

TR
    Angry bunny
    It also shows that the Admin and Mods are not serious about the forums own rules.
    I suggest that you quote every piece of negative rep in a PM to Francois.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    It also shows that the Admin and Mods are not serious about the forums own rules.
    I suggest that you quote every piece of negative rep in a PM to Francois.

The mods would not be aware of it unless it was brought to their attention. Just forward it to a mod and it will be dealt with.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    The mods would not be aware of it unless it was brought to their attention. Just forward it to a mod and it will be dealt with.
    Nope.
    I have contacted mods who have supposedly forwarded my PM to the admin.
    Not even a response.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Nope.
    I have contacted mods who have supposedly forwarded my PM to the admin.
    Not even a response.
    Report directly to gregg
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Report directly to gregg
    Simpler option is for this ridiculous, childish system that has absolutely no worthwhile purpose to be scrapped.
    There have been enough request through various threads for Gregg to have already done so without me having to PM him specifically.
    How stupid this system is, I got negative rep from someone for making comment in this thread.

The system benefits absolutely nobody.

I have copied this to Gregg but have absolutely no belief it will provide any result whatsoever.

banned
    Jan 2012
    Simpler option is for this ridiculous, childish system that has absolutely no worthwhile purpose to be scrapped.
    There have been enough request through various threads for Gregg to have already done so without me having to PM him specifically.
    How stupid this system is, I got negative rep from someone for making comment in this thread.

The system benefits absolutely nobody.

I have copied this to Gregg but have absolutely no belief it will provide any result whatsoever.
    SFT @ the bold text! I got neg-repped for some advice I gave to someone about brakes.

mtbr member
    Dude, don't sweat it....The rep system is seriously the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of.....It actually means less than nothing, if that's possible.....Now come join us in the "Red Chicklet Revolution"

RM

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by some gaylord who is to gutless to discuss this on the boards
    Really a whole lotta energy being wasted on something that really doesn't affect anything IRL, maybe try some valerian root for that temper?
    Grow up you cockless wonder.

mtbr member
    I participate in another forum where the username is shown along with the rep, and frankly it works much better. In that forum, the rep system is more for entertainment and stroking your friends egos, or flirting. In this forum, its all about insulting people. A completely worthless system I agree.

But, the best way to handle it is to look at it as a badge of honor. Hope for the red chicklet, and be proud when you get one.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Grow up you cockless wonder.
    LMAO now that's funny...go get 'em tiger

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasmachineman NL View Post
    I got neg-repped for some advice I gave to someone about brakes.
    LOL, I got neg-repped several times for starting this thread! I was expecting it but had to complain. It's either complain here in this little viewed forum or inadvertantly take it out in the other forums. Kind of like being flipped off or cut off while driving... eventually you find yourself doing it to others. Thanks to whoever hooked me up with the massive amount of + rep. ^%$#@! (and "ha" back) to those of you who left me neg rep.
    Last edited by FireLikeIYA; 07-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    neg rep? maybe you stay offline if it bothers you that much,,,just sayin

mtbr member
    Admin doesn't care about us...as long as they make their money from the endless onslaught of ads and people still keep coming here, they aren't going to do jacksh!t. The rep system is a pile of steaming poo and with as many complaints as there have been, if anyone cared, it would have been fixed or eliminated. I do like the idea of PMing all the neg rep I get to the admin from now on, the stupid childish vulgar stuff anyways...which is pretty much all of it. Perhaps if everyone started doing that, they'd stop the system for no other reason then to stop the endless stream of PM's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Report directly to gregg
    Took your advice shiggy.
    Guess what happened.
    SFA apart from a polite PM back from Gregg which basically said "We'll look into it".

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg
    It is not any one single complaint that we take and consider. It is all the complaints we take as a whole and look at the issues collectively.

Whether rep stays or goes could change.

Your complaint has been duly noted.