mtbr member

Poll: Do you think the most recent post within a thread should show up first?

Or do you think it's fine the way it currently is?

Thank you

- Mtbr.com
    forrest@mtbr.com

mtbr member
    That's something you can change to your personal preference under Settings.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Do you think it should be the default?
    forrest@mtbr.com

Wanna ride bikes?
    No, I'd rather read top down. There's a button that takes you strait to the most recent post anyway.
    Rigid SS 29er
    Hardtail 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer77 View Post
    There are some forums where I like to see the last first. On Mtbr I leave last last. Click the little blue rectangle with two white arrows in it in the "Last Post By" column to take you to the last post in a given thread.

After a dozen posts or so, the typical thread starts drifting. Often the last post has very little to do with the OP topic. If it's a thread you're following, going to the last is great. If it's one you haven't checked out before, you need to start at the beginning to see what it's about.
    Do the math.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer77 View Post
    god, no. Like Lone Ranger says, threads here drift and have tangents and if you've not read the whole thing, the latest post probably won't mean a damn thing to you if you're viewing the most recent first.

I miss "threaded" discussions where the tangents are kept track of. Yeah, this forum software has that option, but it sucks because too many people don't reply to posts. They just post a quick reply, which goes under the original post and not necessarily the one they're actually responding to. So in a longer thread, the view is totally screwed up in threaded mode and nothing makes sense. In linear mode, the discussion USUALLY makes more sense.

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    No, I'd rather read top down. There's a button that takes you strait to the most recent post anyway.
    +1.

Besides, as it is, posters are constantly repeating answers that are merely a couple of posts up (old). I can only help to force a bit of a scroll.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    ... sucks because too many people don't reply to posts. They just post a quick reply, which goes under the original post and not necessarily the one they're actually responding to.
    Thanks for saying this -- right on. The "Reply With Quote" button is right there... why doesn't everybody use it when they're replying to a specific post?
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Maybe the original post should float at the top, and then below it is the most recent post. Any threads that take up more than one page of thread (I think 50 posts per page) tend to be very off-tangent as others below have mentioned. Then you have to click over all the way back to the original page and post, and almost immediately it goes off-track from there. You can have 200 replies and the 3rd or 4th reply goes off track ALREADY lol. So it would be nice if the original post was always at the top, but the chronological order from there is still newest to oldest. That would really help get a thread back on track for its subject.
    Hypercritical is good. Hypocritical is bad. Nice people can still be bad people.