No Stranger to danger....

PLEASE bring back USER LOCATION under users avatars.

Hi Gregg and Frac, any chance of bringing back user locations ie the place/country that members are from under the avatars.
    It was a great small feature that let you know who you were talking too and now its a guessing game, i just think its nice to know where others are from to communicate a little better..

Cheers and thanks
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Hi Gregg and Frac, any chance of bringing back user locations ie the place/country that members are from under the avatars.
    It was a great small feature that let you know who you were talking too and now its a guessing game, i just think its nice to know where others are from to communicate a little better..

Cheers and thanks
    Probably not. We did have this for a while, but most people seemed to not like this info to be so readily accessible.

Couldnt it be optional to show your user location Gregg, because im pretty sure it was last time, cheers

mtbr member
    I agree with Tone's, it was nice to now where the people are from.
    Just keep it as a option. Thanks!

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Probably not. We did have this for a while, but most people seemed to not like this info to be so readily accessible.
    I don't understand this. There are two fields for geographic info - one in the Registration Required Information ("From") and one in Additional Information ("Location"). I'm fairly sure it was the latter that was displayed under the avatar. When that display was enabled in the previous version of the forum, my city/state wasn't displayed with my avatar until after I added it to the Location field. If it's optional, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    I don't understand this. There are two fields for geographic info - one in the Registration Required Information ("From") and one in Additional Information ("Location"). I'm fairly sure it was the latter that was displayed under the avatar. When that display was enabled in the previous version of the forum, my city/state wasn't displayed with my avatar until after I added it to the Location field. If it's optional, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.
    Yep, thats the point im trying to make, it was a great optional feature, it was only accessible if the user chose it to be, it was really helpful to know where the user was from, and there was many people that chose to make it accessible..

mtbr member
    Can we vote on this? Because I also liked it and would like to have it back. It only showed what you told it to show and you could be as vague or as specific as you wished. If someone has a problem with it they could just not type anything into it and it would remain blank.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

beater

PLEASE bring back USER LOCATION under users avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Yep, thats the point im trying to make, it was a great optional feature, it was only accessible if the user chose it to be, it was really helpful to know where the user was from, and there was many people that chose to make it accessible..
    I agree, and it seemed like a lot of people asked for that feature over the years, too. I'm sorry to lose it.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.