Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Give it a crank
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    It does have a link back. If you click, it takes you directly to the post that the feedback was given to.
    Hey look, it does! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I'm with the OP, I get neg reps because of gramar, I mean nevermind what the post content is about. BTW, is there a way to find out who is dishing out the negs? The reason I ask is becasue I'm finding out that when someone has something against you, they will follow you and give you neg reps for the most ridiculous things.

Unpredictable
    Why are the reps important to you? I know they exist. I've even given one, but never looked at mine. They are there like my toes; I don't need to study them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I just want to know who those gutless mofo's are. If I leave feedback I will always include my username in the comment. I wouldn't mind getting neg feedback for mtb related stuff, but thats not the case.

mtbr member
    SV11, 1 stop crying, 2.. fix your grammer ( i'm not one to talk because i can't spell but haven't had any one follow me because of it so i don't know what kinda of stuff you've been typing on the computer screen that someone has taken the wrong what to want to follow you like a sad submissive dog. .. so take that with a grain of salt! your a super star!!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    SV11, 1 stop crying, 2.. fix your grammer ( i'm not one to talk because i can't spell but haven't had any one follow me because of it so i don't know what kinda of stuff you've been typing on the computer screen that someone has taken the wrong what to want to follow you like a sad submissive dog. .. so take that with a grain of salt! your a super star!!
    ^^^ grammar is certainly not your strong suit. If you reprimand someone on it, you should
    at least have a better handle on it.
    I keep looking for the close-parentheses.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Unpredictable
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    ^^^ grammar is certainly not your strong suit. If you reprimand someone on it, you should
    at least have a better handle on it.
    I keep looking for the close-parentheses.
    schwinn8 are you a lawyer or a politician? If so, you have a defence against highdell's evil provocation and we can enjoy what comes next. Perhaps your (as in plural) jousts represent the reason forums should not be over-regulated. Perhaps they represent the exact opposite.

It's 2012. Seems pretty simple to make it automatic that you are linked to your reps. Just make it happen seamlessly please - I ain't got time to waste on more details.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Sign me up.

mtbr member
    It's funny - most of the anonymous reps I get are neg reps and they're all for something really stupid that the repper disagrees with.

Neg repping for false information is one thing and can help guide people into posting more accurate and helpful replies.

Neg repping for opposing opinions is what grinds me. Just got negged in the Lance Armstrong thread for a post from several weeks ago because somebody disagreed with my post.

Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    Hey - I just thought of another positive aspect of the rep-system.

Have you guys, especially those with bigger chicklet-sabers noticed an increase in your PMs for advice (especially from noobs)? - I have
    It's not like I get a ton now, but it's more than before - and I don't think it's due to a high post-count, because I had a high post count before.

It's kinda cool, I'll post my opinion about a lube or pedal or chain, and get a PM - often stemming from that thread (presumably) and I can get into a discussion with someone who wants some answers, but maybe feels silly asking public.
    I feel like I'm getting more respect for my opinion.

Anyone else notice that?
    I haven't associated it with my e-peen, but I do get a lot of messages from noobs about GPS stuff. I've always associated that with the fact that I'm always posting on the GPS board, though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    The last I saw this is a MTB site, not a gramar checker site.
    The neg reps i get have nothing to do with mtb stuff!!

mtbr member
    just words on a computer screen. laugh at it
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post

I believe that most of your negs came from all the friends you have made in the D.H forum. Just sayin.

Forums are about communication, right? What do you think is going to happen if you can't communicate effectively?

Some people write here in a dialect that they speak in real life. That's hard for some people to understand if they're not familiar with it. But the nice thing about that is that those folks are at least consistent so you can learn to understand what they're saying after awhile if you at least try.

Bad spelling/grammar that has no real consistency to it? Yeah, can't learn to understand that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    Forums are about communication, right? What do you think is going to happen if you can't communicate effectively?

Some people write here in a dialect that they speak in real life. That's hard for some people to understand if they're not familiar with it. But the nice thing about that is that those folks are at least consistent so you can learn to understand what they're saying after awhile if you at least try.

Bad spelling/grammar that has no real consistency to it? Yeah, can't learn to understand that.
    Sorry dude but you're talking out of your ass. I have never had a communication issue here on MTBr since 1998. I have no communication issues on other forums whatsoever. The issue isn't communication, it's individuals having personal issues with me. You are making it sound as if my spelling and grammar is really bad, seriously? People like to hang on to a spelling mistake or a grammar i have made. I have more important things in life to worry about, and if you hanging off my every grammar or spelling mistake, then you need to get a life. The issue is you, not me.
    Yeah I do make mistakes, that's becasue I'm farkn human!!

AZ
    banned
    Sorry dude but you're talking out of your ass.

Making new friends?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    My favorite negative rep is still: "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

turtles make me hot
    Some peckerhead just left me negative rep for something I posted over TWO YEARS AGO.
    I like turtles

Obi
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    Some peckerhead just left me negative rep for something I posted over TWO YEARS AGO.
    Yet for some reason it's a valuable part of this site?

Does the forum get some sort of price break if it run's that part of the program?
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    I actually got neg rep because the idiot was commenting on the OP, instead of my response.

I am ok with neg rep but it should not be anonymous.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Wow, never really paid attention, but it seems I've gotten some neg rep, awesome

clipless for a beginner? bad advice NOOB
    Nowhere in the thread did it say the guy was a beginner, only he had some money to spend. Also, he asked what I would spend the money on, I would spend it on shoes and pedals. Oh well, this is a stupid system, I'm sure this will bring me some more neg rep.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I see some guys who have been on here for 2 months with 200 post and somehow have 40 rep power and like 15 of those green sqares, whatever those mean.
    It's sad but I guarantee you somes guys create several different accounts with different email address and + rep themselves. Pathetic but shows that the rep thing is pointless and stupid.
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    I see some guys who have been on here for 2 months with 200 post and somehow have 40 rep power and like 15 of those green sqares, whatever those mean.
    It's sad but I guarantee you somes guys create several different accounts with different email address and + rep themselves. Pathetic but shows that the rep thing is pointless and stupid.
    I doubt it. A new user doesn't have much (any?) rep power. You'd need to create a LOT of accounts to get yourself up to that level.

Personally, I think that's great. I dislike the rep system but it appears to be here to stay. As a second option, I like the idea of it being easy to rig the rep system so that everyone has lots of green. That effectively kills the system except for the few who are truly trolls and accumulate mass amounts of red.

So, as part of that, greenies coming to everyone in this thread from me.

mtbr member
    Cool, got some anonymous neg rep for my post in the anonymous rep thread! I love irony.

Wizard of the Trail
    I'll sign this petition. I don't mind the rep system because I look at content rather than his/her movie star status. That said, it should NOT be anonymous. People should be held accountable for leaving rep whether bad or good. Oh, BTW whoever neg repped me, it's spelled "loser" not "looser". DERP!
    Last edited by Geist262; 11-03-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast