Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    Another reason to use a neg rep is when users take up space bickering between each other about apparent personal differences and OT to the OP
    "You said it - and then did it yourself."

no, I never personally bickered here.

Care to reveal yourself?
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    boy am i glad i'm trying to grow up. it takes to much energy to get all spun up over letters on a computer screen. i'm all for the negative reporting. if i paid highdelll $$$ for a part and never received it you're darn right i'm going to give him some feedback! but again, just letters on a computer screen.. much like these ones... and it's not a spelling contest!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

TR
    Angry bunny
    Not me.
    I refuse to use the rep system.

banned
    Jan 2012

I got neg repped for NO real reason, I cant even give my own opinion here without getting negrepd, What is the point of the rep system anyway?

mtbr member
    I dont know if this counts as OT, I got a blue colored rep rectangle, what does this mean? It was accompanied by a comment that I didnt find useful, but am delighted to report was at least respectful.

Also OT what does rep power refer to?

mtbr member
    Hey ******bag, you are getting negative rep and a big FU for posting on this thread and not supporting our petition. Get the F out of here and never pot on this thread again. -Lenny
    awww... did those letters hurt your feelings lenny? i'm sorry
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by shwinn8 View Post
    awww... did i hurt your feelings lenny? i'm sorry ( laughing my eff'ing a$$ off! )
    Props to Lenny signing it! - even though the comment was ... silly?

mtbr member
    go JR!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    and i will pot in this thread again and i'll do it as much as i want!!!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

~Disc~Golf~
    Another reason to use a neg rep is when users take up space bickering between each other about apparent personal differences and OT to the OP
    "You said it - and then did it yourself."

no, I never personally bickered here.

Care to reveal yourself?
    hey 'genius' I quoted myself to reference the anonymous neg-rep to which the post was given

I now have quoted my self again (within quoting myself )
    to add context to your faceless rep -
    "-1 for replying to your own reply, basically talking to yourself in the thread. You probably have multiple usernames and forgot to log in as your other username when you replied to yourself. What an e-tool! You are the definition of a troll!"

and hey! nice grey square dood!

mtbr member
    hey 'genius' I quoted myself to reference the anonymous neg-rep to which the post was given

I now have quoted my self again (within quoting myself )
    to add context to your faceless rep -
    "-1 for replying to your own reply, basically talking to yourself in the thread. You probably have multiple usernames and forgot to log in as your other username when you replied to yourself. What an e-tool! You are the definition of a troll!"

and hey! nice grey square dood!
    that's what she said!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

AZ
    banned
    Feel free to join in this thread.

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...-new-post.html

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    Not me.
    I refuse to use the rep system.
    That's a load of sh*t I know for a fact you neg repped me for the OTHER "I hate anonymous rep" thread you're participating in. And you did it anonymously to boot. So there.
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    MTBR is for profit. It is not for us. Viewership sells ads. I figure studies show increases in popularity when forums have a rep system. Why the heck else would one add complexity with no payback? Follow the money..
    lean forward

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    That's a load of sh*t I know for a fact you neg repped me for the OTHER "I hate anonymous rep" thread you're participating in. And you did it anonymously to boot. So there.
    I am sorry but you know nothing of the sort.
    I have not negatively or positively repped anyone.

~Disc~Golf~
    Hey - I just thought of another positive aspect of the rep-system.

Have you guys, especially those with bigger chicklet-sabers noticed an increase in your PMs for advice (especially from noobs)? - I have
    It's not like I get a ton now, but it's more than before - and I don't think it's due to a high post-count, because I had a high post count before.

It's kinda cool, I'll post my opinion about a lube or pedal or chain, and get a PM - often stemming from that thread (presumably) and I can get into a discussion with someone who wants some answers, but maybe feels silly asking public.
    I feel like I'm getting more respect for my opinion.

Anyone else notice that?

mtbr member
    dude! i totally noticed! they keep asking me why people really care about negative reports! all i can tell them is people can't laugh at life, take words on a computer screen WAY to seriously and probably lose sleep over it and go to the extreme of making a post about getting rid of negative reports because it hurts their butt holes giving those who know now to laugh free posts!!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

Paste eater
    My feelings and e-worth is destroyed after recieving this negative rep...

A big FU for being a troll and entering a thread meant to petition for change to the rep system and then not supporting our petition. Normally, I sign my rep feedback, but not in this case. You are a dbag troll. Do not post back on this thread.
    for this post.

mtbr member
    you see, the one who wrote you "A big FU" is the real troll. they are to afraid to admit who they are and chose to hide behind the computer screen rather then own up. they make a post and expect only a one way conversation and get butt hurt that others don't agree with their views then call us trolls for laughing at them.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Just take the anonymity out of the rep system. This will eliminate a lot of wadded up panties...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Obi
    mtbr member
    [DEVIL'S ADVOCATE]

The system is what it is. I asked after the last major negative point a little over a year ago for people to deliberately give me red chicklets instead of green ones. Why would I let some internet troll with nothing better to do have power over me. It's just a goofy "click to like or dislike" system. It isn't like it's gonna get you banned or shamed publicly in front of a group of your peers. It isn't like any of you are gonna march me all tarred and feathered in front of you down Flume Trail while crying for my ousting.

I'll agree on stopping the ability to do it anonymously. Then again we get enough trolls that re-register under different if not multiple screen names. You know when someone does that they're trackable, right? What better way for the forum staff to track the stupidity?

Think of it like being back in Middle School, you only listen to the valid stuff and ignore the haters while the bullying morons eventually get called into the principal's office and sent packing.
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    I think that's a bit extreme, but I do think that anonymous reputation is no good.

I think that the reputation feature has helped clean things up a bit here. There are far less useless and azzholish posts than there used to be, which I suppose is the point. Adding a signature to negative reputation would help to curb negative reps for simple disagreements. The majority of my negative reps are because somebody didn't agree with my point of view, not so much because my post was crappy. While reputation means very little in the grand scheme of things, it's frustrating to get dinged for sharing an opinion.
    Boo'd for this post - a month after I made it? really? This is exactly what's wrong with the anonymous reputation system.
    Petition to eliminate... 08-29-2012 11:15 PMBoo

mtbr member
    free post!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '00 Homegrown

Give it a crank
    I'd pay more attention to rep received if it had a link back to the post it refers to. If I can't tell which post the rep is referring to, it really doesn't matter who left it or what it even was.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    I'd pay more attention to rep received if it had a link back to the post it refers to. If I can't tell which post the rep is referring to, it really doesn't matter who left it or what it even was.
    It does have a link back. If you click, it takes you directly to the post that the feedback was given to.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast