mtbr member

paid spam add is locked

I placed a classified and then posted a thread with a link to the paid add in the Ibis forum (the item is from an Ibis) and the thread is locked. If I wish to edit my add and lower the price I can't change the thread nor can folks ask me question about it in the forum.

I've sent a PM to two different moderators and have received no reply. The Ibis forum does not appear to have a specific moderator. Any help or information is appreciated.

Joe
    Last edited by rockman; 05-29-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Joe I stop buying adds on MTBR for that very reason, at least in the Vintage forum some people get to have their postings "Open" but sadly that is not my case, favoritism maybe I don't know..

mtbr member
    Well, it should be more cut and dry than that. Either you can or you can't. I'm stuck with the endless advertising pop-ups that populate the site. Maybe can turn them off.

Either way, I don't mind paying for a classified as I have derived lots of great information, conversation, and stoke over the years from mtbr, so selling my item here rather than ebay is one way of giving back I guess but blocking a thread seems odd in one forum and not others.
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

mtbr member
    No response. Lame. I will never again buy an add on mtbr. Lesson learned.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008

paid spam add is locked

Quote Originally Posted by patineto View Post
    Joe I stop buying adds on MTBR for that very reason, at least in the Vintage forum some people get to have their postings "Open" but sadly that is not my case, favoritism maybe I don't know..
    I would feel for you if that was actually true, Patineto. Find me one ad that isn't locked. They don't necessarily get locked at the same time because me and Mendon can't check the forum all the time since we both have full time jobs but they all get locked when we see them. I think it's low to go around and spread untruths. I have been more than nice to you. Mendon is one of the nicest guys around and he likes everybody.

Hey OP, there's a bunch of people on vacation as their kids just got out of school for summer. Give it some time.

You can edit your ad anytime. However, you're right, if you post info outside of the ad in a thread, once that is locked, you can't edit it without a supermod or admin's help. I wish I could help you but I'm neither and I have no powers in the Ibis forum. Sorry for your troubles!
    Last edited by girlonbike; 06-04-2014 at 02:36 PM.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Hey OP, there's a bunch of people on vacation as their kids just got out of school for summer. Give it some time.

You can edit your ad anytime. However, you're right, if you post info outside of the ad in a thread, once that is locked, you can't edit it without a supermod or admin's help. I wish I could help you but I'm neither and I have no powers in the Ibis forum. Sorry for your troubles!
    Well, thanks for taking the time to check and reply to a post ...(pause for dramatic effect) in the the site feedback/issue forum.

Why block a spam add in one forum and not another? I simply wish to edit my add and lower the price and edit the thread that links to it.

I appreciate that you have the back of your fellow moderators and/or site owner but the fact that my whiney thread (and PMs) went unanswered for 6 days on a website that derives revenue from advertisements (as well as paid classified adds) is lame. I don't care whether people are on vacation or not.

It's all good, Ebay is the way. Lesson learned.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008

paid spam add is locked

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Well, thanks for taking the time to check and reply to a post ...(pause for dramatic effect) in the the site feedback/issue forum.

Why block a spam add in one forum and not another? I simply wish to edit my add and lower the price and edit the thread that links to it.

I appreciate that you have the back of your fellow moderators and/or site owner but the fact that my whiney thread (and PMs) went unanswered for 6 days on a website that derives revenue from advertisements (as well as paid classified adds) is lame. I don't care whether people are on vacation or not.

It's all good, Ebay is the way. Lesson learned.
    Not a problem. In an ideal world, for sale posts get deleted and when people get an ad, they can post it to one forum and it is supposed to get locked. There are actually only a few people that go through all the forums and it's not their full time jobs so it's done as best we can. Here are the rules: http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

Explains the ads and what is locked, etc.

As for the admins, supers and site owner, it's easy to answer a few emails a day but I imagine they get hundreds a day. Just like you and me, they tackle what they can when they can but I am only speaking for me and my buddy, mendon, so I'm not defending them at all. I'm just sharing my perspective.

Anyhow, have a good one. See ya around.

mtbr member
    Not a problem. In an ideal world, for sale posts get deleted and when people get an ad, they can post it to one forum and it is supposed to get locked. There are actually only a few people that go through all the forums and it's not their full time jobs so it's done as best we can. Here are the rules: Mtbr Posting Guidelines

Explains the ads and what is locked, etc.

As for the admins, supers and site owner, it's easy to answer a few emails a day but I imagine they get hundreds a day. Just like you and me, they tackle what they can when they can but I am only speaking for me and my buddy, mendon, so I'm not defending them at all. I'm just sharing my perspective.

Anyhow, have a good one. See ya around.
    ok, my bad. It's right there in the fine print which I of course haven't read. I was just going off the example set by other adds. For example, Paid ad: Turner Burner XL, Pike, Enve, XX1`

I can see both sides. Tons of adds pollute the forums but an interested buyer can also get good feedback by being able to reply to a spam post. Whatever, I guess the rules are rules in some forums and are more flexible or ignored in others. Ride on.

mtbr member
    Since I couldn't edit my post in the forum where it would find the most interest, I am breaking the rules and posting my paid spam in another forum with a price decrease.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I would feel for you if that was actually true, Patineto. Find me one ad that isn't locked. They don't necessarily get locked at the same time because me and Mendon can't check the forum all the time since we both have full time jobs but they all get locked when we see them. I think it's low to go around and spread untruths. I have been more than nice to you. Mendon is one of the nicest guys around and he likes everybody.

Lady G I respect you a lot, you are always fair, helpful and full of wisdom, but I have seeing a few examples of Open posting, specially by the members of "the brotherhood" here is a Seven posting example

I will keep looking for others to cement my case about favoritism and to prove the the rules don't apply to every body at least not in the same way..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Four postl with responses from you..

I also remember a 13 response and another one with 9, I keep looking..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Another Three post

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by patineto View Post
    I would feel for you if that was actually true, Patineto. Find me one ad that isn't locked.
    Try again.