Intermediate wannabe

Page won't load!!!

I am no longer able to open mtbr or roadbikereview on my home pc. I've seen other postings describing the same problem suggesting it has to do with scripts or ads. Either way I am not so technologically advanced that I even know what to do about it. At this point I don't even bother trying to open either website at home anymore.

Hey mods, admin or whomever.....is anyone addressing this? Is there a post somewhere detailing a solution? This is very frustrating and very disappointing.
    "You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding." ~KRob

Hmmmmm
    Just out of curiosity, what browser/s are causing the issue?
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

Intermediate wannabe
    Well, interesting you should ask. When I began having trouble with Internet Explorer opening mtbr I d-loaded mozilla firefox figuring that would solve the problem. No dice. Same deal. Cannot open with either browser. Really sucks.
    "You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding." ~KRob

Hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by lowendrick View Post
    Well, interesting you should ask. When I began having trouble with Internet Explorer opening mtbr I d-loaded mozilla firefox figuring that would solve the problem. No dice. Same deal. Cannot open with either browser. Really sucks.
    Try getting into your add-ons and temporarily disabling java and flash and see if that stops the problem.
    I'm getting issues in IE-9 but not Firefox. In Firefox I block the flash content, but not thumbnails. I'm not getting any of the weird issues in Firefox, like the pages auto scrolling down, or the white pages, unless I let the flash content through.
    Someone else said they had put "No Script" on Firefox and that stopped the problem for them. That solution kinda sucks though, because it also blocks some of the tools, links etc on the sites that you use it on.

Actually, the problem is more likely your home PC. You might have accidentally changed a setting somewhere. Maybe MTBR got put into a blocked senders list at your ISP somehow. That might also affect Road Bike Review, since they are related.
    Or a blocked website. They might be considered an "attack site"
    Try going into "options" in Firefox, then click on the "security" tab.
    Then uncheck "Block Reported Attack Sites".
    Restart Firefox (not the whole PC) and see if that helps.
    If you can load up MTBR after unchecking that security option, it might indicate that IE has it's security settings too high.
    I know "Protected Mode" in IE9 can cause issues.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...