Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Administrator Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ajavt View Post
    I hate to jump in in a complaint fest, but just wanted to renew an ad which recently expired and seems to have vanished. Any chance it can be pulled back and reposted or do I need to retype it and add photos etc? I swear I'm not bitter but just have too many bikes!
    Sorry ajavt, once an expired ad has been removed...it's gone.

mtbr member
    Just posted a new add. Do I have to pay extra to have those "Paid Spam" threads?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    whats up with the classifieds today. Getting 400 errors when I went to go edit my ad. no wonder my stuff isn't selling, the ads aren't posting. why am i paying money to post them?

Quote Originally Posted by cpfitness View Post
    whats up with the classifieds today. Getting 400 errors when I went to go edit my ad. no wonder my stuff isn't selling, the ads aren't posting. why am i paying money to post them?
    Are you still getting these error messages? Other users have posted. If you are getting errors, be sure your images (if any) aren't too large.

mtbr member
    Just tried twice to post an ad. Images were all no bigger than 1.7mb. Rejected my ad twice for picture file size. The first time I lost my ad altogether and had to retype it. I guess I'll head on over to pinkbike. Bummer that the upgrades often make things worse temporarily.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: New Mtbr Classifieds!

Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Are you still getting these error messages? Other users have posted. If you are getting errors, be sure your images (if any) aren't too large.
    I am however the problem seems to be with the chrome browser as IE worked okay for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Just posted a new add. Do I have to pay extra to have those "Paid Spam" threads?

Thanks
    No....A paid spam ad in One relevant sub-forum is typically allowed...
    Generally those are locked when they are seen, so as to keep them from being bumped to the top. I usually bump em THEN lock em
    Don't tell The Man
    CDT
    CDT

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cpfitness View Post
    I am however the problem seems to be with the chrome browser as IE worked okay for me.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Where is my ad

I placed an ad yesterday and had you bill me through Paypal, which you did, but my ad never appeared.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Scam Alert Question?

Received the following offer on my bike from Steven Clayton stevenclayton0846@gmail.com and it looks suspicious:
    "Hello,
    Thanks alot for your response,I am glad to know that the item is still
    available for sale. The price is okay by me as I am pleased to inform
    you that I will buy the item from you do let me know if this is
    acceptable by you so that I can make payment at once which will be by
    a Bank Cashier check/Money order,I will be sending you overdraft of
    payment the balance will be for transport of the item to me.
    To enable me do so I will require your:
    Name full :-
    Address full :-
    State:-
    Postal Code:-
    Telephone Number:-
    So that the payment can be made to you with the Bank Cashier
    check/Money order immediately you receive the Bank Cashier check/Money
    order, you shall take it to your bank account and let me when the
    funds will be credited into your account. Upon clearance of the Bank
    Cashier check/Money order into your account, I will now instruct my
    shipping company to come over to your location and have the Items
    transport to me.So and i will give you $100 for you to keep the Items
    for me. I shall be expecting your response asap.
    Thanks and God bless.
    Regards,
    Steven"

Has anyone else received something similar?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: New Mtbr Classifieds!

Yep. Got that on Saturday regarding my ad

mtbr member
    Tell Steven to go eff himself and the rest of his family! And then put God Bless at the end.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    If the item I post in the classifieds has been sold how do I delete that item from your list? Thanks, first timer.
    masmtb

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm brand new to this site, trying to find some information about a Fat Chance bike, that I have. Where do I find the serial No on the bike? so I can date it, I'm thinking it from the early 1980's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Cardinal View Post
    I'm brand new to this site, trying to find some information about a Fat Chance bike, that I have. Where do I find the serial No on the bike? so I can date it, I'm thinking it from the early 1980's.
    Oh, there you are. Welcome to MTBR. I was wondering when you were going to show up. The Fat Chance doesn't have a serial #. I filed it off before I sold it to you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Been getting this error message for the last two days when trying to post an ad:

"SYSTEM MESSAGE

The servers are currently down for a period of planned system maintenance -- please check back later"

Tried different browsers and different computers, same problem. It happens when I submit the ad, before having to pay.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm getting the same message. I've tried 3 times to post an ad in the last 3 days (never had and issue before) and am getting that "server is down" Message.

I'm using Safari on my Macbook Pro. ????

thanks tim

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    Been getting this error message for the last two days when trying to post an ad:

"SYSTEM MESSAGE

The servers are currently down for a period of planned system maintenance -- please check back later"

Tried different browsers and different computers, same problem. It happens when I submit the ad, before having to pay.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by procos View Post
    Me too.
    Any word on this yet? I tried to post it again last night and it says System Maintenance....... Please check back later.

Thanks tim

mtbr member
    29er hardtail classified thread is broken. It won't allow ads to be placed. It let you go all the way through to submit the add then says there is planned maintainance. Please fix so I can place my ad in the correct category.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Is there a classifieds etiquette section, or something that might pop up for people with less than 10 posts or something? I've been getting several people emailing me in response to classifieds with lots and lots of questions, asking to buy stuff I have in pictures that's not for sale, never buying, or taking forever to buy. It's very annoying, and seems like an abuse of the system to me. I understand part of this is par for the course, but I think some of these guys are just clueless too. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jimarin View Post
    29er hardtail classified thread is broken. It won't allow ads to be placed. It let you go all the way through to submit the add then says there is planned maintainance. Please fix so I can place my ad in the correct category.

Thanks
    Me n+1.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I have been trying for a week to post an ad it keeps saying servers are down. Why cant i post an ad.. Please help

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    yes me too and I have not gotten any response. I have tried to post through safari, through Firefox, and even w/out pictures.

What is the issue? I have posted for years here. It keeps saying unable to post due to system Maintanance????

For those of you getting the "System Message" error...we are looking into this right now.
    Thanks for your patience.

-gregg
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Any updates on the "System Message" error? I have been trying to place an ad for my F29 the last couple days. It shows up for a few minutes in the 29 hardtail category with information missing and without paying for the ad. I was going to try and post a link to my ad (from another site) on the 29er forum and Cannondale forums. But, I realize I have not paid for the use. I have no problem paying to use MTBR just let me know an alternative way to pay you. I really would like to sell the bike and have found MTBR an awesome place to find potential buyers. Any updates would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry, no fix yet for the "System Message" error that some of you are getting. Part of the problem is that it is only affecting certain users and we are unable to replicate it.

-g

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Just tried again and got it again! I am using Safari and have tried Firefox. I have a Macbook pro???? thanks tim

For all of you who are getting the "System Message" error can you please reply here with:

1.) whether you are on Mac or PC
    2.) what OS are you on
    3.) what browser(s) you are using
    4.) what geographic location you are in (as much as you are comfortable posting here in a public forum. If you can give city and state, that would be great. If you can give state and rough location (ex. South Utah) that is ok, too.)

Thanks, this info will help us try and find a common denominator.

-gregg

mtbr member
    May 2007
    1. Both Mac and PC
    2. PC (Windows 7), Mac OS X version 10.7.5, and Mac OS X 10.6.8
    3. PC: Internet Explorer Mac: Safari and Chrome
    4. PC, UT

mtbr member
    I placed an add a couple hours ago and it says "this add has not been paid for yet" I paid with PayPal and got a reciept email. I noticed that the severs were down right after I placed the add, did it get screwed up? Is it lost in the internet forever? Thanks
    " F#ck it, lets go ride bikes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Desert Walker View Post
    I placed an add a couple hours ago and it says "this add has not been paid for yet" I paid with PayPal and got a reciept email. I noticed that the severs were down right after I placed the add, did it get screwed up? Is it lost in the internet forever? Thanks
    I found your ad and have put it live. It's showing up now!

mtbr member
    Thanks!!!!
    " F#ck it, lets go ride bikes!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Wouldn't it be appropriate and convenient to have a "size" field in bikes and frames ads?

I'm Done
    Edit: the problem detailed below is now corrected.

I posted an ad in other components a couple of days ago. I was checking in on the ad and strangely it appears to have been replaced/modified by an ad by member cjbrubaker.

If one looks at the first ad on the other components page, the subtitle reads:

"The prices shown do not include shipping. Buyer to pay actual shipping cost via USPS. PayPal only. Mud Machine Front Fender - $17 - Very light use (small scuff on front ... --> "

That text is from my original ad, which is now missing???

This link is still somehow linking to my original ad:

Mud Machine Front Fender, Race Face Hydration Pack, Scary Fast Gloves, Core Rat Ring Guard, Salsa Cycles Rain Jacket - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Durga; 08-17-2013 at 10:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I tried posting a ad earlier and got the message on my pc then back clicked and retried then it worked and proceeded to pay but it has been a few hours and my ad is still not showing up.

Thanks for any help and it was for a Med. 2013 Canfield Brother's N9

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Not sure my next step but i paid for my ad on August 23rd and do not still see it so if some one could direct me in the right direction i would appreciate it. Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    Not sure my next step but i paid for my ad on August 23rd and do not still see it so if some one could direct me in the right direction i would appreciate it. Thank's
    Did this get straightened out for you?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Did this get straightened out for you?
    No i never heard anything or seen my ad post, Kind of strange as i have posted many ads before. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    How do you edit an existing ad or add new pictures??

RideDirt
    Paid to have an AD posted , system said it couldnt find the item number after i paid for it.. I still dont see my ad on here .

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    No i never heard anything or seen my ad post, Kind of strange as i have posted many ads before. Thanks
    Send me an email and I can have a PP refund issued.
    greggATmtbrDOTcom

Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Paid to have an AD posted , system said it couldnt find the item number after i paid for it.. I still dont see my ad on here .
    Did your ad ever show up?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXII View Post
    How do you edit an existing ad or add new pictures??

to add images to an ad, click on the "Product Options" dropdown menu and select "Edit Ad". This will bring up an area for you to upload images and make changes to the ad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    does anyone know the original msrp of a 1989 MS pro-comp xt?
    or where i can find the specs and info..
    i know it is vintage but my husband loved this bike... and someone has stolen
    it and now for insurance.. i need the msrp

thanks

mlamb

bikerpilot
    Why doesn't the search function work? If I search for "epic" from the classifieds>bikes page I get no results. Chance that there are no epics listed in the classifieds: zero.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I just put my Highball 29er in the classifieds and put it in the wrong section - Hartail Bikes vs Hardtail 29er Bikes. How can I change it to the 29er segment? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MtGreo View Post
    I just put my Highball 29er in the classifieds and put it in the wrong section - Hartail Bikes vs Hardtail 29er Bikes. How can I change it to the 29er segment? Thanks
    to add images to an ad, click on the "Product Options" dropdown menu and select "Edit Ad". This will bring up an area for you to upload images and make changes to the ad.

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    Is anyone else getting a "Forbidden - Access Denied" message when trying to post an ad? I keep getting this message about not having access and I've tried this a few times. I emailed MTBR about it a few days ago with no response. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I was getting that too. I had 3 pictures that were onlly taken with a 3mb camera and I took two of the pictures away and then was able to post with one pic.????

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noonan1970 View Post
    I was getting that too. I had 3 pictures that were onlly taken with a 3mb camera and I took two of the pictures away and then was able to post with one pic.????
    I just got this as well. I uploaded 9 photos, each under 2MB, and got the same Forbidden error.

Mods, can you please help?

New Mtbr Classifieds!-screen-shot-2013-11-30-8.55.15-pm.png
    Last edited by laine; 11-30-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added screengrab

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laine View Post
    I just got this as well. I uploaded 9 photos, each under 2MB, and got the same Forbidden error.

Mods, can you please help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-30 at 8.55.15 PM.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	851208
    Was able to post with no photos. Went in afterwards and added them two-by-two. (I tried to add 5 at a time, but got the error again.)

mtbr member
    I am having this same issue, help! I tried with no pictures, and from Chrome and IE, same message everytime.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Help! I am unable to edit my ad to include photos. Any ideas hoe to get this done?

used to be RipRoar
    I purchased multiple ad listing but when I try to use them it asks me to pay each time? How do I use my purchased inventory?

used to be RipRoar
    How about some support?? Anybody home???????¿¿?????¿

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Same issue when trying to edit.

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Just paid $4 to place an ad... Cannot edit photos!!!!

HELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Also...... Get the stupid ads off my for sale post that I just PAID FOR AND CANNOT EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Hey Gregg,

How long do ads run? I ask because I posted an ad about 2 weeks ago - it was there yesterday and now it is gone. I'm pretty sure I selected the option for it to run for one month...

mtbr member
    Just placed an ad and was never asked about payment. Aren't we supposed to pay for the ads?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Do ads appear right away or does it take some time to show? Just placed my ad and paid for it. The charge already shows in Paypal, but no ad. When I log in it doesn't even show in my ads section. What's up?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    how do you post your own thread

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

New Mtbr Classifieds!

Quote Originally Posted by halsey18 View Post
    how do you post your own thread
    Ummmm...by clicking on the big blue button that says "+Post New Thread"
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hi Gregg,
    Can you tell me how to edit the price on my ad?
    Thanks,
    Art Sl.

MTBR Member
    Anyone know how to leave feedback?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb0187 View Post
    Do ads appear right away or does it take some time to show? Just placed my ad and paid for it. The charge already shows in Paypal, but no ad. When I log in it doesn't even show in my ads section. What's up?
    I'm having the same problem. I get "This classified has not yet been paid for." Paypal shows the payment is complete.

bosleys dad
    I am posting a MTBR ad for first time and soon as I enter everything I get message "you are forbidden to post on this site"?? HELP

Hey guys, we are continuing to try and find out why some of you are getting a permissions based error. We haven't found the cause yet, but stay tuned.

For help with editing:

To edit (change category, add/change text, etc...) or remove an ad (mark it as sold or delete it), go to your ad and use the "Product Options" dropdown menu and you will see the options for editing your ad there.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Trying to submit an ad since last night. Keep getting "internal server error" message while it is uploading the images (none of the images are over the size limit). The email included in the error message (root@invenda.com) does not exist so I can't contact anyone to report the problem... help!

Quote Originally Posted by JC822 View Post
    Trying to submit an ad since last night. Keep getting "internal server error" message while it is uploading the images (none of the images are over the size limit). The email included in the error message (root@invenda.com) does not exist so I can't contact anyone to report the problem... help!
    How big are your images?

If you try it without images, does it post? You can edit your ad later and add them in.

-g

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My images are 300-500 kbytes. I'll try to post without the images... Thanks!
    JC

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Gregg,
    I could post my ad without images but I still could not add any images when editing it, still getting the same error message...Any clue how to fix it...?
    Thanks!
    JC

Gregg,
    I could post my ad without images but I still could not add any images when editing it, still getting the same error message...Any clue how to fix it...?
    Thanks!
    JC
    Hey JC, can you copy and paste or take a screenshot of the error message and post here?

-g

MTBR Member
    What about the feedback???

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hey JC, can you copy and paste or take a screenshot of the error message and post here?

-g
    Gregg,

Here is what I get...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@invenda.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at classifieds.mtbr.com Port 80

Hey JC, can you email me the photos you are trying to upload? Please email to greggATmtbrDOTcom

Also, if you try uploading them to your ad one at a time, does it work?

Gregg,

Here is what I get...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@invenda.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at classifieds.mtbr.com Port 80

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    What about the feedback???
    Hey ncfisherman,

Unfortunately, it is not obvious how to leave feedback.

The easiest way is if the seller has an ad up. Got to that ad, click on the sellers name and there should be an option to leave feedback.

If the seller does not have a current ad, you have to find them in the member's list and you can leave feedback that way.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

If any of you are still getting the FORBIDDEN error when trying to post, can you try two things:

1.) try posting your ad without images and see if that works

2.) try clearing your cookies and starting over. I had a guy say that apparently he had a corrupt cookie in his browser that was causing the problem

If anyone tries these and still has problems placing an ad, please LMK here.

Thanks,

-g

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi Gregg,

Yes I tried to upload a single image at a time and still got the same message. I also logged out and logged back in to clear all cookies and it did not make a difference... I am emailing you the photos I am trying to post...

Thanks!
    JC

Hey All, has the "forbidden" error cleared up now?

Bettter, yes?

-g

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I just tried posting an ad and it seems to have failed. I tried once and it said the pictures were too large, none were over 2mb. I tried again and that part worked. I paid and was charged via PayPal but when it got to the payment verification page with this address http://classifieds.mtbr.com/payment_verification.php it doesn't load anything and my ad is not displayed anywhere.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Hi All,

i have a Trek Y22 would like a replacement shock for the front any 1 know were i can start? an upgrade? or a rebuilt? Thanks.

banned
    May 2014
    Hi, Gregg. I sent you an email. I too am having issues uploading pictures. It appears that any size is TOO BIG!

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    This classifieds system needs some work. I'm getting "file too large" errors repeatedly, despite keeping my photos below 1MB. The frustrating part is that the error message gives NO specifics about the origin of the problem, and doesn't give you any chance to correct it . . . it just purges everything you spent 15 minutes entering. So you get to start over from scratch, with no guidance whatsoever on what you were doing wrong (if anything).

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    This is getting REALLY annoying. Is the 2MB limit per photo, as it says? Or is it the total size of all photos?

This is the only response I get:

The file(s) uploaded were too large to process.

Seriously, in this day and age of web services, and the number of click-thrus (=revenue) MTBR sees, and the fact we're paying money for these ads . . . and yet MTBR still uses a system that can only give me that much feedback?

used to be RipRoar
    Totally agree, it sucks arse.

I had multiple listing so I purchased several postings but after my initial post there was no mechanism to use the remaining inventory. So my one post cost $20.

Absolutely zero support, no one answers anything and we KNOW you see these posts.

I just wrote off the $20 as I like MTBR but come on. Weak.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Administrator,

Hello, I just posted an AD in 29er Hardtail. I was charged, but the ad has not appeared as of yet. Any advice? Thanks, Will

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    crickets?!

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009

New Mtbr Classifieds!

Good luck....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    that bad?

Hello Comer,

I have issued a refund via Paypal to you.

Please try placing your ad again. If you used photos when placing your ad, try again with no photos. You can edit your ad and add photos in after the fact.

Some users have issues with images when placing the initial ad (for some unknown reason).

-g

mtbr member
    After you posted an Ad can you change the category.... I need to

Hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by olekz View Post
    After you posted an Ad can you change the category.... I need to

Hope so!
    To edit (change category, add/change text, etc...) or remove an ad (mark it as sold or delete it), go to your ad and use the "Product Options" dropdown menu and you will see the options for editing your ad there.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Gregg,

Thanks so much for your help. I just posted the add and pictures successfully. I used your strategy of uploading the photos from the editing process once the add was posted. thanks, Will

jbf
    mtbr member
    Hi - I hope you can help me. I just tried to post an ad and when I submitted payment via Paypal it went through and when I was redirected back to your site, I received a message that my information was no longer in the database and I would have to resubmit. No problem, but my Paypal account got charged and I didn't get my ad posted. Any advise?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I posted an ad yesterday, it is for a 29 inch full suspension, but it is in the general full suspension category. Could not find a place to indicate it should be in the 29er section. that is in my keywords. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I posted two ads and one of the items sold right away.
    When I got the email to either renew or cancel (after 30 days) I clicked the link to cancel.(the item that sold) The link was a "forbidden" error. I had already marked the item sold BTW.
    I went on again today after getting another email and the same error.
    There is no button to cancel the AD renewal.
    In the meantime the AD still runs. Please fix this.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Just delete the one marked "sold" - the X1 Drivetrain.
    Thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6