Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Freshly Fujified

To remove an ad

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG
    1) How do I remove my ad once I've sold something?
    1) From the classifieds main page click "My Ads" in the upper left corner.
    2) The next screen will be a summary of your ads. Click the title of the ad you want to remove from the "Ads" column.
    3) This will bring up the detailed description of the ad. At the bottom of the ad, underneath the description and keywords will be a check box that says "Delete Ad". Check the box and then click the "Submit" button.
    4) Poof! the ad is history.

Gregg will have to address the feedback issue.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    2) The next screen will be a summary of your ads. Click the title of the ad you want to remove from the "Ads" column.
    3) This will bring up the detailed description of the ad. At the bottom of the ad, underneath the description and keywords will be a check box that says "Delete Ad". Check the box and then click the "Submit" button.

Bob
    There is no check box that says "Delete Ad". These are the checkboxes:

Add to Watch List Report Product Buy It Now Receive Email Updates Post Comment
    Edit Ad RELIST IT!

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    We are working on the server performance issue that some of you have been running into to.

This is a hardware related issue mostly, and it will take some "resources" to speed things up.

We have resources marked for this, but it won't happen for a while. Basically, we're going to take the old classifieds server offline (after the last ads placed have run their full 30 days), and re-allocate this server to the new classifieds.

Thanks for your patience. In the meantime, we'll keep trying to tweak different things to make it faster.

-gregg

neutiquam erro
    To piggyback on the feedback issue - I bought an item from the classifieds, and would like to leave positive feedback, but since the ad is now removed, is there a way to leave feedback?

The seller pulled the ad as soon as I committed to the sale, but I wasn't in a position to leave feedback since I hadn't yet received the item.

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Chris

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde

Bob
    SO SHOW ME WHERE THIS "DELETE AD" CHECK BOX IS!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Three sheets to the wind
    Werx for me...my bike was on about two weeks and it sold, whoppeeee, more cash to piss away at the Toronto Bike Show...

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG
    SO SHOW ME WHERE THIS "DELETE AD" CHECK BOX IS!
    STOP YELL...... stop yelling. We can read you just fine.

First of all - it seems that you typed a RELIST IT(!) option, but your screen capture shows SOLD IT!. Perhaps issues are confused here?

Second, if you've SOLD IT(!) then mark it as such.

Third - mark it in your ad, right at the very top of the description page, like this;

BRAKES ARE SOLD!

You can even put it in bold;

BRAKES ARE SOLD!

That should help to catch people's attention and keep them from contacting you.

I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

mtbr member

Rims

could you ad a sub category for Rims? in the wheel section? I want to sell mine!!!

Trying a little
    I would suggest keep the zip code search but please put back the city the seller is in. Having the city, state, country the seller is in tells the buyer a lot more about the legitimacy of the deal, or prehaps if they know the person selling, or maybe they saw them at some race. Worked better for me, anyway.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    STOP YELL...... stop yelling. We can read you just fine.

First of all - it seems that you typed a RELIST IT(!) option, but your screen capture shows SOLD IT!. Perhaps issues are confused here?
    No confusion on my end - the screen capture is the result of following Call_me_Clyde's instructions.

Second, if you've SOLD IT(!) then mark it as such.
    I got THAT part - the screen capture was from an item that hasn't sold yet.

Third - mark it in your ad, right at the very top of the description page, like this;

BRAKES ARE SOLD!

You can even put it in bold;

BRAKES ARE SOLD!

That should help to catch people's attention and keep them from contacting you.

That ain't the point - the point is, where is this "DELETE AD" button? I want to delete the ad for my fork, not because I sold it, but because I want to put it on eBay.

Code Monkey Administrator
    Looks like LarryG spotted a problem ... the ads can be deleted by mods and admins, but not by the user who originally posted the ad.

LarryG - this is fixed now ... you should be able to see the delete checkbox
    "Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia" - H.G. Wells.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Mike, any chance of adding a country check box to the ad database?
    That would allow searching by country (eg. Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, etc) to find bikes and parts locally. MTBR gets a lot of international users, but from what I've seen classified users are mostly in the US, probably for this reason.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hi Gregg
    I would like to know how to make some changes to my existing add that I have already posted in the past week. I also have not even seen a email on my Bike and I have had friends tell me they have sent them. Thank You

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG
    Looks like LarryG spotted a problem ... the ads can be deleted by mods and admins, but not by the user who originally posted the ad.

LarryG - this is fixed now ... you should be able to see the delete checkbox

Thanks MikeG.

melon farmer

What he said...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris130
    To piggyback on the feedback issue - I bought an item from the classifieds, and would like to leave positive feedback, but since the ad is now removed, is there a way to leave feedback?

The seller pulled the ad as soon as I committed to the sale, but I wasn't in a position to leave feedback since I hadn't yet received the item.

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Chris

I have the same problem and would like to leave feedback due to a very positive experience.
    Thanks,

Marcus

How to post feedback on a transaction ...

Go to the ad ... find the user's classifieds profile link under the text "For Sale By". Click that and you'll get a page where you can leave feedback.

I know this is burried as we have 3 different profile pages (galleries, forums, classifieds ... well, four now with the new blogs) We're hoping to roll all these profile pages into one sometime soon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bikes Biking
    Hi Gregg
    I would like to know how to make some changes to my existing add that I have already posted in the past week. I also have not even seen a email on my Bike and I have had friends tell me they have sent them. Thank You
    If you are logged in, you should be able to see the "Edit Ad" link on this page ...
    http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...uct/1258/cat/3

If not, let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Mike, any chance of adding a country check box to the ad database?
    That would allow searching by country (eg. Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, etc) to find bikes and parts locally. MTBR gets a lot of international users, but from what I've seen classified users are mostly in the US, probably for this reason.
    Good idea. I've added a Country text box to the post ad form. (Checkbox might work/look better, but we'll see how it pans out.) I'll add a Country column to the ad listing page once we get some ads with Country data in them.

Thanks Mike! Us international types appreciate it!

Andrew, check out MikeG's post here:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...70#post2750170

Trying a little
    I also think the supersize is too small. make it the same size as the ebay supersize. images were bigger before in the old classifieds, no steps backwards, please.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thank you Gragg it works if you are signed in.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    New classifieds are only ok.
    Last edited by dignityy; 02-26-2007 at 05:52 AM.

jrm
    mtbr member

bring back the delete, edit ad options..

once ive logged in as the placer of the ad. I wouldnt have known how to delete an ad without reading 4 pages of posts in this thread.meanwhile im being nailed with e-mails..

its gotta be at least as intiutive as it was before the change IMO.

melon farmer
    Delete.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast