Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by penovich View Post
    i have not had the latest ads page load up on my computer during the last two days. the setup of the page loads, but not the ads themselves. any suggestions? thanks.

/|\
    |
    |
    |
    This x eleventy...................

AZ
    banned
    Fixed, working nicely. Thanks.

Administrator Administrator
    We ARE having problems with images in the classifieds right now, for some users. Mostly new users. We are working on correcting this problem ASAP.

-g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Is there any way to sort bike/frame ads based on frame size? If not, could it be added? That would be a great feature since anyone looking for a bike is only interested in one or two sizes and would presumably prefer not to sort through ads for bikes that won't fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyS600 View Post
    Is there any way to sort bike/frame ads based on frame size? If not, could it be added? That would be a great feature since anyone looking for a bike is only interested in one or two sizes and would presumably prefer not to sort through ads for bikes that won't fit them.
    We don't have that sort feature. I agree that it would be helpful, but I tried poking around the settings but couldn't find an easy way to do it.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Bummer, thanks for checking.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

How to change ad category

How do I change my ad and put it in the proper category once it's already posted?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I made a purchase a week ago, but still haven't heard anything from the seller. What options do I have other than canceling the PayPal payment?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

issues w/posting pictures

My classified would not upload with pictures....after several attempts I gave up. Is there a way to go back and add pictures now?

What could go wrong ...
    how can I delete an expired ad?
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Quote Originally Posted by ridesalot View Post
    How do I change my ad and put it in the proper category once it's already posted?
    Click on the "Product Options" dropdown menu and select "edit ad". You will be able to change the category here.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by darrenjames View Post
    I made a purchase a week ago, but still haven't heard anything from the seller. What options do I have other than canceling the PayPal payment?
    I would definitely cancel the PayPal payment, immediately. If it's something like, they were out of town, at the hospital, etc....you can easily resend payment once communication has been re-estabilished.

You can post here the user's name and I can check to see if it's a legit (non-scammer) account.

You can leave a negative feedback for that user.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by rtf22 View Post
    My classified would not upload with pictures....after several attempts I gave up. Is there a way to go back and add pictures now?
    Click on the "Product Options" dropdown menu and select "edit ad". You will be able to change/edit/add images here. Be sure the files are within the allowed size (this is the single biggest problem that people have when uploading images, their pix are too big in either file size, pixel dimensions or both.)

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2 View Post
    how can I delete an expired ad?
    Click on the "Product Options" dropdown menu and select "move/delete". What will NOT be obvious, after selecting that option, is that you have to scroll down and there is now a checkbox (above the quick reply area) that you can now check for "delete ad" then click submit. Alternately, you could mark it as "sold".

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks Gregg. I cancelled the payment this week, and left feedback. I kept hoping the seller went on summer vacation and was unavailable, but I still haven't heard a thing.

What could go wrong ...
    Thanks gregg ... that was the problem, it is marked as sold when it did not sell yet, but the ad had expired.
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member

Classified Rules??

I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but I can't seem to find the "rules" regarding classified ads.

I just went to check my ad and see that it is marked "SOLD". The items have not sold, so I'm assuming that the ad has expired???

Why do they get marked "SOLD", when they are not? If they have expired, it seems that they should say "EXPIRED." Or just be deleted.

And, assuming that it can be automated, it would be nice to get an email notice when an ad is about to expire, with the option to renew.

TIA for enlightenment.

--EDIT---

Now I'm really confused. In trying to sort this out by myself, I went to my ad and chose "Edit." I lowered the price and the changed the ad title a bit. I figured I would be promoted to pay another $2 to re-list the item, but I wasn't. But now the "SOLD" is gone and it looks like it's active again?

Ad was originally posted on August 2, so according to the 30-day rule it was expired.

And the edited ad isn't appearing in the "Latest Ads" list either. I would assume that if I were to renew it, it would be?
    Last edited by Porschefan; 09-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

Quote Originally Posted by Porschefan View Post
    I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but I can't seem to find the "rules" regarding classified ads.

I just went to check my ad and see that it is marked "SOLD". The items have not sold, so I'm assuming that the ad has expired???

Why do they get marked "SOLD", when they are not? If they have expired, it seems that they should say "EXPIRED." Or just be deleted.

And, assuming that it can be automated, it would be nice to get an email notice when an ad is about to expire, with the option to renew.

TIA for enlightenment.

--EDIT---

Now I'm really confused. In trying to sort this out by myself, I went to my ad and chose "Edit." I lowered the price and the changed the ad title a bit. I figured I would be promoted to pay another $2 to re-list the item, but I wasn't. But now the "SOLD" is gone and it looks like it's active again?

Ad was originally posted on August 2, so according to the 30-day rule it was expired.

And the edited ad isn't appearing in the "Latest Ads" list either. I would assume that if I were to renew it, it would be?

We don't actually recommend renewing an ad, because it does NOT go back up to the top based on the renewal date (like it should, ideally). It just stays listed by the original post date.

We actually let the ads run for like 34 days or so.

If you'd rather place a new ad (to get back at the top by the new date) go ahead and place a new ad and then let me know when your new ad is up and I will go back and take down your old (renewed) ad and give you a credit back for that.

-g

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    We don't actually recommend renewing an ad, because it does NOT go back up to the top based on the renewal date (like it should, ideally). It just stays listed by the original post date.

We actually let the ads run for like 34 days or so.

If you'd rather place a new ad (to get back at the top by the new date) go ahead and place a new ad and then let me know when your new ad is up and I will go back and take down your old (renewed) ad and give you a credit back for that.

-g
    Gregg,

Thanks for the reply. I still have some confusion though.

So, "renewing" an ad DOES make it active again, it just doesn't move it to the top of the list and it does NOT appear in the "Latest ads" listing? Do I have that correct? IOW, one could "renew" an ad forever, with no charge, and it will still be there, just not prominently displayed?

Does the system automatically mark ads as SOLD, when the expiration date comes around? That's my main question. And is there no warning email when an ad is about to expire?

I just want to understand how the system works.

And I would like to actually renew the ad for the Gore bike wear. Can I just pay and you can move the ad up, or do I have to repost it?

stp
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Hey Gregg

I have a couple ads posted in the classifieds and I'm having trouble receiving messages from potential buyers. I even tried sending myself a message through the "contact seller" and I didn't get it. I don't know if it will help but I added the items to my "watch list". I'm having no problems getting updates on the threads I'm following so I don't know whats going on. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem???

Thanks
    Noelle
    If you ain't first, your last - Ricky Bobby
    Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever - Lance Armstrong

You Are What You Is
    I've always had the same problem. Every time someone contacts me via the 'contact seller' link in my ad, I get an email with no copy in the body, so I never know what they're asking me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I am having the same problem too.

mtbr member
    Ditto on no emails happening in classifieds!

I just tried responding to two different ads with three different email addresses I own--no responses!

Please look into this and supply some answers. The delay in getting responses from MTBR admin is astounding. This is a serious matter since ads are paid for and there is apparently no way for a respondent to email a response!

mtbr member
    Same problem here. Placed an ad a month ago, didn't get any responses. I just went to the classified section to browse, and saw something that said I had a message. I didn't even know there was a separate message section for the classifieds, and I never got an email notice of the message. Great, someone was interested in my frame.....three weeks ago. I think I'll just stick with Craigslist.

mtbr member
    Why no response from MTBR management on these points? Very disappointing.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late response. Interbike has been keeping me busy for the last two weeks straight. Can you each tell me who your email provider is?

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Hey Gregg

Interbike....so jealous!!! My email is through Charter. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks
    Noelle
    If you ain't first, your last - Ricky Bobby
    Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever - Lance Armstrong

mtbr member
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the late response. Interbike has been keeping me busy for the last two weeks straight. Can you each tell me who your email provider is?
    Gregg,

My ISP is Comcast. My mail client is Gmail.

Thanks!

stp

mtbr member
    Hey guys,

My ISP is Comcast, but my email comes through my web host, HostMonster - Web Hosting

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Alright Fellas, I hope you're still responding to these post. Cuz im having problems!!!

I am a registered member, i am signed in when i try and post an ad, but each time after i complete all fields of my classified ad (third time), i click submit and then wait and then nothing.....

Whats going on? I am getting a bit pissed. Its also wierd, $2 for the ad, but im never asked to submit any card info. What am i not doing right? I need to get rid of this bike. 06 Specialized Enduro anyone???

Please help, ive even emailed the classified help address ive found, guess....no reply!
    Thanks
    bh

Yes, that's fonetic
    I'll try here since I've not been able to generate a response elsewhere. Gregg, who marked my bike as being sold in my classified ad? It sure the heII wasn't me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck View Post
    I'll try here since I've not been able to generate a response elsewhere. Gregg, who marked my bike as being sold in my classified ad? It sure the heII wasn't me.
    How long after you placed the ad was it marked sold? My ad was marked sold (not by me) as well. 30 days had gone by when I noticed, so I thought it was just because the ad had expired. But I never looked at the ad after I initially posted it, so who knows how long it was marked sold. Not too happy about this situation.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Is the fee only good for 30 days (guess I didn't read the fine print if so)? If that's the case I'd much rather it be simply taken down than erroneously marked sold. That would be a really $hitty way to deal with expired ads.
    Last edited by whoda*huck; 09-28-2011 at 09:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    GREGG!!!!

would you please respond to my post from two days ago. i need to get this bike sold and i am having trouble with your classified page. please help.
    bh

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Did everyone go on vacation or something. Just tried to post an ad for the 4th time, and no luck. What the hell is going on. No answers, no working ads. Im going to have to put the bike on craigslist and pink bike unless I hear from someone soon.

HELP!!!!

Yes, that's fonetic
    I posted several times days ago about errors in my ad and haven't heard a word. I even sent a PM to Gregg with no answer as yet. Sure it was only a coupla bucks but someone altered my ad with out contacting me. ANY MODS OUT THERE????????

Yes, that's fonetic
    hrindo, I'd just start spamming the forums (General, Spec, All Mountain) with threads about your bike sales info, that should wake up a mod or two.

mtbr member

Need some help checking out whether my ads are working...

I've posted a few times in this thread about not being able to get any emails originating from my ads. There doesn't seem to be much happening so far, so I'm hoping that others here might do me a favor and try to email me from an ad.

I currently have two up:

1. DT Swiss wheelset

and

2. Gore Bike Wear

I'm thinking that trying to email myself from the ads as a test isn't valid, so if anyone is willing to go to the ads and send me an email and report it here, I could check and see.

TIA for anyone who takes a minute to check this out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Testing

Porschefan I just sent you a test email on thru your wheel ad. Hopefully it works.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swisstg View Post
    Porschefan I just sent you a test email on thru your wheel ad. Hopefully it works.

Hey thanks! Looks like you sent it about an hour ago and I haven't received it yet. (Checked spam folder too...)

Hopefully this will help the mods figure out what's happening.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    hrindo, I'd just start spamming the forums (General, Spec, All Mountain) with threads about your bike sales info, that should wake up a mod or two.

Thanks dude, Its an XL Enduro, 2006. great shape and quailty components.

What the eff is up with this no response crap. Was really enjoying reading and getting info here, but kinda spending less and less time here.

The title of this forum, say "Post your problems here, and we will fix em." Its been 3 weeks and no responses. Bike is on craiglsist reno, check it.

hrindo

Compulsive Bike Builder
    My listing got marked "Sold" somehow, I did not do anything I know of to mark it as sold. I want it to keep running and remove the "Sold" status. How do I mark my own listing as not Sold?
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swisstg View Post

Still nothing--so I'm assuming that the email response in Classifieds is broken, which means it's more or less a waste of $$ to post there.

Gregg, since you may be a volunteer and I'm sure you have many pressing things to handle, I'm remaining patient. But you, or someone from MTBR staff should be communicating about this situation. If it can't be fixed, that should be known, but I doubt that is the case.

Please inform the community about what's happening.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    This thread might as well be deleted....No one's questions are getting answered. No responses, No Nuttin'

Anyone have any luck with Pinkbike.com???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hrindo View Post
    This thread might as well be deleted....No one's questions are getting answered. No responses, No Nuttin'

Anyone have any luck with Pinkbike.com???
    It's definitely frustrating. I don't care about "wasting" my $6 but I really am disappointed that I can't market items that I want to sell effectively. I have an ad on Pinkbike also--for the wheelset, but no responses. I think Pinkbike is heavily Canadian for one thing. Or maybe their response engine is broken too.

I've thought about taking this to the General Forum so others know about this and maybe light a fire under the MTBR admins.... I don't even care if the news is that there's a problem that they're working on, but absolutely no response is super-aggravating.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Definitely looks like a case of they-don't-give-a-shyt.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Are we still allowed to put a link in a forum of our choice for posting an ad? I got negative rep my my paid ad...?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy135 View Post
    Are we still allowed to put a link in a forum of our choice for posting an ad? I got negative rep my my paid ad...?
    Yes, but only once and in its own thread (so that it can be locked to avoid bumping)

Yes, that's fonetic
    crisillo, since it seems a mod actually does check this thread once a month or so, could you answer some of the questions about the mysterious "sold" status of ads?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    crisillo, since it seems a mod actually does check this thread once a month or so, could you answer some of the questions about the mysterious "sold" status of ads?

Only the admins (like gregg) have access to those things. We, mods, have only 'powers' over the forum part of the site.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Right. Maybe next month then....

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo View Post
    Yes, but only once and in its own thread (so that it can be locked to avoid bumping)
    That's what I did. Oh how I love the Rep system...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo View Post
    Only the admins (like gregg) have access to those things. We, mods, have only 'powers' over the forum part of the site.

so, would you please knock on his door and hand him your laptop and have him provide answers to the questions and troubles that have been posted on this thread in the last few weeks.

mtbr member
    I have a question, I looked everywhere but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. This seemed like the place to ask (from what I've seen).

I want to place a bike for sale, but I'm not sure If I'm allowed to post ads for non-mountain bikes. I like the idea of paying for the ad; supporting the site, so at the same time I figure I should be allowed, even encouraged! Right? I just wanted to ask and see what some posters/ mods say.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Al Bundy; 10-05-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Valhalla bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I have a question, I looked everywhere but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. This seemed like the place to ask (from what I've seen).

I want to place a bike for sale, but I'm not sure If I'm allowed to post ads for non-mountain bikes. I like the idea of paying for the ad; supporting the site, so at the same time I figure I should be allowed, even encouraged! Right? I just wanted to ask and see what some posters/ mods say.

Thanks guys.
    What is the item/service in question?

As a general rule, though...ads must be mtn bike (or cycling, at least) specific. No motorcycles, no real estate ads (that are pitched as "Located Next to Trailhead!")...etc...

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Porschefan View Post
    It's definitely frustrating. I don't care about "wasting" my $6 but I really am disappointed that I can't market items that I want to sell effectively. I have an ad on Pinkbike also--for the wheelset, but no responses. I think Pinkbike is heavily Canadian for one thing. Or maybe their response engine is broken too.

I've thought about taking this to the General Forum so others know about this and maybe light a fire under the MTBR admins.... I don't even care if the news is that there's a problem that they're working on, but absolutely no response is super-aggravating.
    Hey Guys,

First off, sorry for the intermittent replies here. Interbike was over 3 weeks ago, but I've been working on nothing but Interbike every day since. Finally close to finished with Interbike photos and videos.

Second, if you have an ad that was posted and marked sold (for some strange reason...have not been able to track down the source of this one)....email me (greggATmtbr.com) with subject (classified ad marked SOLD). I will issue you a Paypal credit.

Third, we recently changed email providers, so now it seems that hotmail accounts are not getting through (as well as some Comcast and some Cox.net users). This problem is harder to track down since it varies from email provider to email provider. So far, yahoo mail and Gmail still seem to go through with no problem. One workaround to this problem is to put your email address in the text of your ad, or as a comment to your own ad.

Finally, if anyone out there is totally chapped at our classifieds because of any problems, I'll provide a refund, email me at address above.

Thanks,

-gregg

Please LMK if anyone else is still seeing their new ad get posted as "SOLD".

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    What is the item/service in question?

As a general rule, though...ads must be mtn bike (or cycling, at least) specific. No motorcycles, no real estate ads (that are pitched as "Located Next to Trailhead!")...etc...
    My '72 Schwinn Suburban. I've got a Kona Kula in the mail and I'd like to make some room in this tiny apartment.
    Valhalla bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    My '72 Schwinn Suburban. I've got a Kona Kula in the mail and I'd like to make some room in this tiny apartment.
    Sure, no problem on the Schwinn....old or not (I mean "classic"...) it's still a bicycle!

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Great, thanks. Expect a payment soon.
    Valhalla bound.

mtbr member
    Latest Ads - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories is loading a blank page for me. anyone else?

'Calm Down'
    Yep, same problem here.

jw

Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    Latest Ads - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories is loading a blank page for me. anyone else?
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

FM
    mtbr member
    Me too.

So is your face
    Classified ads will not upload photos today. All images are under 200k and jpgs. But, over and over I get the message that they can't be found most likely because they are too big.

Please fix this, since an ad without photos isn't really effective. Thanks.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

Riding dirt since 1970
    I've used many online classifieds over the last 10 years, and this is by far the most frustrating to use. Finally gave up. I've been selling on Pinkbike instead. Hate to be negative, but maybe you guys should start from scratch here.
    Med. Nomad C for sale

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yep, same problem here. It won't let me add my images and they are 33KB and JPEG's?

AZ
    banned
    Page does not load.

mtbr member
    I couldn't post an ad at all.
    Valhalla bound.

So is your face
    Posting pictures is working now. Thanks!
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Finally (6th try) i was able to post an ad. With no help from you guys. Why no reply?

But...Now I, like others, my pictures are not showing up. One problem after another.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    [QUOTEBut...Now I, like others, my pictures are not showing up. One problem after another. [/QUOTE]

is there a way to get my pics up on the ad i now have going? pictures, im sure would help sell my bike, especially now that i have people interested.

Latest Ads page is working now (as of yesterday, actually).

to add images to an ad, click on the "Product Options" dropdown menu and select "Edit Ad". This will bring up an area for you to upload images and make changes to the ad.

hrindo, if you are not able to get the images attached yourself, you can email them to me (with a link to your ad) and I can add it for you. greggATmtbr.com

Images must be approx 1024x768 or smaller, 195k or less in file size, and .jpg or .gif

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    thank you very much

mtbr member

fraud

Hey - just wanted to alert other sellers to a scammer. Derick Johnson (johnsonderick27@yahoo.com) sent me this shady email in regards to my classified ad:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

I have just contacted my agent to pay you by Draft for the item, the item is okay and lovely, Draft will take only 24hrs days to clear in your account, the Draft will be sent to you this week or early next week, once draft clears in your account, My agent will come over for the pick up of the item.

I will need you to send me the following details for the Bank Draft:

Your full name....................
    Address in full...................
    Tel(mobile).......................
    Final price......................."

Be careful

Thanks for the alert, agleck7.

I have deleted this account and blocked his IP.

But that is the classic scammer M.O.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    May 2010

How to edit your ad

Hello,

How do I edit my classified ads?

thanks,
    big dumb guy

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    just to revisit this issue ...

Is there a way to leave feedback for a seller once the ad is deleted? I had a great transaction but the member deleted the ad.

Thanks!

AZ
    banned
    Latest ads not loading............

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
    Classified ads will not upload photos today. All images are under 200k and jpgs. But, over and over I get the message that they can't be found most likely because they are too big.

Please fix this, since an ad without photos isn't really effective. Thanks.
    Same problem for me now. Images won't load no matter how small the size and resolution.

AZ
    banned
    Still
    not

mtbr member
    Image upload function appears to be broken. I finally just hosted them on photobucket and hotlinked.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Photo uploat

Same issue with pics.

Please let us know when it is fixed.

thanks
    "Chef, what did you do when the white people stole your culture?" - Mr. Garrison

Ride & Smile
    Unable to load photos on the following classified ad.

Bontrager Race Lite 4-Bolt Stem , Black, 40 degree, 120mm length - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

File size of each photo is under 200KB.

Following error:
    20111019ForSale003.jpg: Uploaded file not found
    Typical reason is that the file exceeded allowed limits.

Photo above is 155KB

Appears to be the same problem mentioned in earlier posts. Please fix and allow us to renew ad as new at top of list.
    Last edited by KanzaKrūzer; 11-12-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    KanzaKrūzer
    Salsa Warbird | Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Photo upload is working for me now. I had to edit my add and upload new images.

Ride & Smile
    Photo upload is working for me now as well.
    KanzaKrūzer
    Salsa Warbird | Kona Unit

Quote Originally Posted by agoraphobia123 View Post
    Hello,

How do I edit my classified ads?

thanks,
    big dumb guy

to add images to an ad or to make an edit, click on the "Product Options" dropdown menu and select "Edit Ad". This will bring up an area for you to upload images and make changes to the ad.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    May 2010

Pic edits....

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for the email reply. I do not see the drop down that says product options, sorry. I'm logged into my account but I don't see it. Do I go to "My Account" or "Quick Links"?

Thanks for the help.
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by agoraphobia123 View Post
    Hi Gregg,

Thanks for the email reply. I do not see the drop down that says product options, sorry. I'm logged into my account but I don't see it. Do I go to "My Account" or "Quick Links"?

Thanks for the help.
    Jake
    You have to be looking at your classified ad. As long as you are logged in, it should be there.

-g

Mtbr YouTube Channel

AZ
    banned
    Latest ads page is not loading.

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Latest ads page is not loading.
    Not loading for me either, in firefox, safari on my mac, or on a separate PC using IE7.

Looks like eBay will be getting my $, sorry MTBR

AZ
    banned
    Still not loading the ads.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Having Issues loading photos to a classified ad. They are all photos I have uploaded before so i do not think its me. I notice all the new ads from today have a ? were there photos should be. Is this a system issue?

Latest ads page is now working:

Latest Ads - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Checking into the photo issue.

-g

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    I keep getting script errors on the page and it won't load. The browser freezes up and keeps trying to reload the page. I tried to edit my ad and add photos, but it freezes on the edit page and recycles back to the ad page.
    I turn a wrench @ Simplicity Cycles
    http://www.simplicity-cycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by bikewrench View Post
    I keep getting script errors on the page and it won't load. The browser freezes up and keeps trying to reload the page. I tried to edit my ad and add photos, but it freezes on the edit page and recycles back to the ad page.
    Hey bikewrench...still having problems?

You can email me the pix and link to your ad and I can upload them for you.

-gregg (greggATmtbr.com)

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    How do you pay for an ad if you don't have PayPal? I go through the whole thing and submit expecting it to ask me for payment (like a credit card) and nothing happens. Do you have to have a paypall acct?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikewrench View Post
    I've been having this same problem for weeks now. Very few ads will load fully without a script error. I was also able to place an ad today, but currently cannot edit it as the page freezes when I go to "Edit Ad"...

No problems on roadbikereview.com though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I tried posting an ad yesterday but nothing happens. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or if I'm missing a step somehow.

I fill out all the details, upload pics etc, then hit submit. The page loads for a bit, then kicks me back to the main page where you initially select what type of ad you want to place.

I didn't see an area where I can pay for the ad etc. Maybe that's what I'm missing?

What am I missing? Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by swade View Post
    How do you pay for an ad if you don't have PayPal? I go through the whole thing and submit expecting it to ask me for payment (like a credit card) and nothing happens. Do you have to have a paypall acct?
    You do NOT have to have a paypal account. You can complete payment with a credit card. However, we do use paypal to process this. But you can process it as a guest user (unregistered on paypal).

-g

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Craw View Post
    I tried posting an ad yesterday but nothing happens. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly or if I'm missing a step somehow.

I fill out all the details, upload pics etc, then hit submit. The page loads for a bit, then kicks me back to the main page where you initially select what type of ad you want to place.

I didn't see an area where I can pay for the ad etc. Maybe that's what I'm missing?

What am I missing? Thx!
    I've been receiving a growing number of emails from users with this same problem, but I am not able to figure out a solution. I am not able to replicate the problem, so that doesn't help and it only seems to affect certain users.

My only advice is to try it with a different browser and if that doesn't work, try it on a different computer?

-g

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by cru_jones View Post
    I've been having this same problem for weeks now. Very few ads will load fully without a script error. I was also able to place an ad today, but currently cannot edit it as the page freezes when I go to "Edit Ad"...

No problems on roadbikereview.com though.
    Are you using IE? If you try it with FireFox or Safari or Chrome, does the same thing still happen?

-g

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7