Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    could you consider incorporating the following:

add a size column for framesets and complete bikes - so you don't have to actually double click every ad (where the size doesn't show in the description) to figure out what size frame/bike is for sale

add a steerer length column for the front forks section

add an eye to eye / stroke column for the rear shocks section

This would help wasting time opening up ads that are not applicable to the size frame you ride, if the fork, shock would even fit on your bike etc.

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    When posting a comment to someone else's ad, the interim page says something like "You've successfully edited your ad", which is presumably not right.

+1 or having Frame size in the table view.

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Moto
    Hi Gregg,

Do you know if the contact seller feature is working. I've tested it and received no email. Have not gotten a response on any of my ads. Pretty strange since I usually get at least scammers. Thanks.
    Checking...

Can you give me a link to your ad? Edit: Nevermind, I found them.

-g

I <3 29ers
    Hey Gregg!

Question - with regards to the Contact Seller feature - I found something i'm after, but it's "too good to be true". I sent the seller a P.M. before noticing the Contact Seller feature (i'm bright, eh?!?!?!?). Question is - does the Contact Seller feature go through P.M. or e-mail? I don't want to send another P.M. and seem ..... pushy (I know he's a busy man).

As always, PATIA!

And since i'm here - MikeG check you P.M. box please!

Keep up the great work all!

EDIT - sorry, one more - if I place/open/start an ad now, can I add a pic(s) later, like 1 or 2 days after? Thanks!
    Last edited by AndrewTO; 01-23-2007 at 05:59 PM.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

Code Monkey Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    does the Contact Seller feature go through P.M. or e-mail?
    email

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    if I place/open/start an ad now, can I add a pic(s) later, like 1 or 2 days after? Thanks!
    yup, you can change and add pics after placing an ad.
    "Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia" - H.G. Wells.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Could you make a frame size search?

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Gregg,

I noticed the other day that you had implemented a user classifieds link under the user gallery link, but now neither is being shown?

The gallery link has always been really useful, and even though only a small percentage of users would be posting advertisements, the classifieds link was interesting too. Do you have any plans to re-implement at least the gallery link?

And welcome to MTBR eatsleeprunbike!

Cheers, Dave.

mtbr member

Zip code and price not required.....

seems like you'd want to make this a required field?
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    seems like you'd want to make this a required field?
    I just posted 2 ads (sorry, not meant to spam) and missed the postal code (Canadian, eh?!?!) in one of my ads. It wouldn't complete the final step untill I entered it. Worked for me. The price I can't comment on as I had that correct from the start.

And since it's been mentioned - any help for us Canucks that have a xxx xxx Postal Code format to help prospective purchasers "figure out" shipping? Just curious. Not sure it'd make a difference either way as "we" would have to/should get a quote anyways.

And one more blab that I was going to post anyways .....

CANADIANS!!!!! - please be sure to put the word Canada somewhere in your ad. We can find each other's ads easier. It doesn't matter if it's in the Description or the Keywords text, just get it in there somewhere. PATIA!

... and cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    Gregg,
    I noticed the other day that you had implemented a user classifieds link under the user gallery link, but now neither is being shown?
    Francis had me move these links to the profile page.

Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    add a size column for framesets and complete bikes - so you don't have to actually double click every ad (where the size doesn't show in the description) to figure out what size frame/bike is for sale

Done!

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Francis had me move these links to the profile page.
    I hadn’t even noticed, it makes perfect sense though. Cheers for the hard work!

Dave.

I <3 29ers
    Hey guys!

Question with regards to the Comments footer - is there any way these can be made to provide an e-mail notification? Or maybe they are and I missed it? I just noticed I received one and didn't have a clue it was there.

I'm just curious to know if it's "our" sole responsibility to tend to or if we can get a little help.

PATIA!

... and cookies.

neutiquam erro
    Hi guys,

I'd like to leave postive feedback for a seller from a recent transaction. Can you tell me how to do this? I've been looking all over, but maybe it's right in front of my face somewhere?

Thanks! Great work on the classifieds, BTW!

Cheers, Chris

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Cables

Where would I find cables in this new format?

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    “Other Components” or “Other Accessories” sounds logical to me.

The search function could come in handy too.

Dave.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

cables

oops, found it in the old classifieds.
    Last edited by tdilf; 02-03-2007 at 12:11 PM.

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris130
    Hi guys,

I'd like to leave postive feedback for a seller from a recent transaction. Can you tell me how to do this? I've been looking all over, but maybe it's right in front of my face somewhere?

Thanks! Great work on the classifieds, BTW!

Cheers, Chris
    Hey Chris, you have to click on the sellers username to access their "profile" (it says "For Sale By" then their username is below). That'll take you to another page - it's there that you will find the option to leave feedback.

As for my Q - I think I found it. Same area where you select the option to Edit Ad or mark SOLD IT!. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Someone wanna do me a favour PLEASE?!?!??!?! Go to my ad for seatposts and put something in the Comments box so I can see if it worked????? PATIA!

Here's a link to make it handy (NOT meant to be spam just a test).

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...ct=389&cat=500

PATIA!

... and cookies.

I <3 29ers
    WOOHOO!!!!! It works.

THANKS drumbum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mods/Admins - THANK YOU! Awesome system you've got.

... and cookies.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quick question what's the best way to call "dibs"? should an email be sent to the seller or will a quick reply added to the ad be the best way to get an item first.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Hey Gregg & Mike:

Any way to make it easier to search for ads for items in Canada? (Shipping used stuff across the border can be a real pain in the...)

The distance by zip code doesn't work for us since we have postal codes instead.

If you added a "Canada" location button or something I think you would get a LOT more Canadians posting ads.

Quote Originally Posted by MaVoK
    Quick question what's the best way to call "dibs"? should an email be sent to the seller or will a quick reply added to the ad be the best way to get an item first.
    Really up the seller, I would think.

For example, even though buyer X is not the highest "bidder" or "first" person to respond, the seller may choose to go with buyer X over buyer Y because buyer X is local.

So, given scenarios like that, I think it best to go with seller's choice instead of purely on a first response "system".

-g

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Any way to make it easier to search for ads for items in Canada? (Shipping used stuff across the border can be a real pain in the...)
    If the sellers use their noodle and put the word Canada in their ad somewhere (like I pointed out above) then it's taken care of. IMHO, and I know it means little in this case, it's up to the seller. I know, I KNOW, not the same as what you're talking about. I believe you might be referring to something more like a flagging system of some sort?

You have problems shipping to the U.S.????? REALLY?!?!??!?!??!? I can understand receiving from the U.S., but sending???? REALLY?!??!?!???!!? Please, DO share. (or just send me a P.M. if you don't want to hi-jack the thread)

... and cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Moto
    Hi Gregg,

Do you know if the contact seller feature is working. I've tested it and received no email. Have not gotten a response on any of my ads. Pretty strange since I usually get at least scammers. Thanks.
    Hey, Mr. Moto,

This feature is working now, please give it a test (either send yourself a message, or have a registered friend send you a message via the "Contact Seller" link).

Sorry for the delay, it was intermittent and a little hard to track down.

Please LMK if you are still having any difficulties.

-g

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    2 fast questions:

1) How do I remove my ad once I've sold something?

2) Is there any way to make it easier for the buyer to leave feedback? Right now, he/she has to navigate several screens, and most buyers aren't motivated to do all that.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast