Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Yes, that's fonetic
    Right. Maybe next month then....

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo View Post
    Yes, but only once and in its own thread (so that it can be locked to avoid bumping)
    That's what I did. Oh how I love the Rep system...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo View Post
    Only the admins (like gregg) have access to those things. We, mods, have only 'powers' over the forum part of the site.

so, would you please knock on his door and hand him your laptop and have him provide answers to the questions and troubles that have been posted on this thread in the last few weeks.

mtbr member
    I have a question, I looked everywhere but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. This seemed like the place to ask (from what I've seen).

I want to place a bike for sale, but I'm not sure If I'm allowed to post ads for non-mountain bikes. I like the idea of paying for the ad; supporting the site, so at the same time I figure I should be allowed, even encouraged! Right? I just wanted to ask and see what some posters/ mods say.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Al Bundy; 10-05-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Valhalla bound.

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I have a question, I looked everywhere but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. This seemed like the place to ask (from what I've seen).

I want to place a bike for sale, but I'm not sure If I'm allowed to post ads for non-mountain bikes. I like the idea of paying for the ad; supporting the site, so at the same time I figure I should be allowed, even encouraged! Right? I just wanted to ask and see what some posters/ mods say.

Thanks guys.
    What is the item/service in question?

As a general rule, though...ads must be mtn bike (or cycling, at least) specific. No motorcycles, no real estate ads (that are pitched as "Located Next to Trailhead!")...etc...
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Porschefan View Post
    It's definitely frustrating. I don't care about "wasting" my $6 but I really am disappointed that I can't market items that I want to sell effectively. I have an ad on Pinkbike also--for the wheelset, but no responses. I think Pinkbike is heavily Canadian for one thing. Or maybe their response engine is broken too.

I've thought about taking this to the General Forum so others know about this and maybe light a fire under the MTBR admins.... I don't even care if the news is that there's a problem that they're working on, but absolutely no response is super-aggravating.
    Hey Guys,

First off, sorry for the intermittent replies here. Interbike was over 3 weeks ago, but I've been working on nothing but Interbike every day since. Finally close to finished with Interbike photos and videos.

Second, if you have an ad that was posted and marked sold (for some strange reason...have not been able to track down the source of this one)....email me (greggATmtbr.com) with subject (classified ad marked SOLD). I will issue you a Paypal credit.

Third, we recently changed email providers, so now it seems that hotmail accounts are not getting through (as well as some Comcast and some Cox.net users). This problem is harder to track down since it varies from email provider to email provider. So far, yahoo mail and Gmail still seem to go through with no problem. One workaround to this problem is to put your email address in the text of your ad, or as a comment to your own ad.

Finally, if anyone out there is totally chapped at our classifieds because of any problems, I'll provide a refund, email me at address above.

Thanks,

-gregg

Please LMK if anyone else is still seeing their new ad get posted as "SOLD".

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    What is the item/service in question?

As a general rule, though...ads must be mtn bike (or cycling, at least) specific. No motorcycles, no real estate ads (that are pitched as "Located Next to Trailhead!")...etc...
    My '72 Schwinn Suburban. I've got a Kona Kula in the mail and I'd like to make some room in this tiny apartment.
    Valhalla bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    My '72 Schwinn Suburban. I've got a Kona Kula in the mail and I'd like to make some room in this tiny apartment.
    Sure, no problem on the Schwinn....old or not (I mean "classic"...) it's still a bicycle!

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Great, thanks. Expect a payment soon.
    Valhalla bound.

mtbr member
    Latest Ads - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories is loading a blank page for me. anyone else?

'Calm Down'
    Yep, same problem here.

jw

Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    Latest Ads - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories is loading a blank page for me. anyone else?
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Me too.

So is your face
    Classified ads will not upload photos today. All images are under 200k and jpgs. But, over and over I get the message that they can't be found most likely because they are too big.

Please fix this, since an ad without photos isn't really effective. Thanks.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

Riding dirt since 1970
    I've used many online classifieds over the last 10 years, and this is by far the most frustrating to use. Finally gave up. I've been selling on Pinkbike instead. Hate to be negative, but maybe you guys should start from scratch here.
    Med. Nomad C for sale

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yep, same problem here. It won't let me add my images and they are 33KB and JPEG's?

AZ
    banned
    Page does not load.

mtbr member
    I couldn't post an ad at all.
    Valhalla bound.

So is your face
    Posting pictures is working now. Thanks!
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Finally (6th try) i was able to post an ad. With no help from you guys. Why no reply?

But...Now I, like others, my pictures are not showing up. One problem after another.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    [QUOTEBut...Now I, like others, my pictures are not showing up. One problem after another. [/QUOTE]

is there a way to get my pics up on the ad i now have going? pictures, im sure would help sell my bike, especially now that i have people interested.

Latest Ads page is working now (as of yesterday, actually).

to add images to an ad, click on the "Product Options" dropdown menu and select "Edit Ad". This will bring up an area for you to upload images and make changes to the ad.

hrindo, if you are not able to get the images attached yourself, you can email them to me (with a link to your ad) and I can add it for you. greggATmtbr.com

Images must be approx 1024x768 or smaller, 195k or less in file size, and .jpg or .gif

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    thank you very much

mtbr member

fraud

Hey - just wanted to alert other sellers to a scammer. Derick Johnson (johnsonderick27@yahoo.com) sent me this shady email in regards to my classified ad:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

I have just contacted my agent to pay you by Draft for the item, the item is okay and lovely, Draft will take only 24hrs days to clear in your account, the Draft will be sent to you this week or early next week, once draft clears in your account, My agent will come over for the pick up of the item.

I will need you to send me the following details for the Bank Draft:

Your full name....................
    Address in full...................
    Tel(mobile).......................
    Final price......................."

Be careful

Thanks for the alert, agleck7.

I have deleted this account and blocked his IP.

But that is the classic scammer M.O.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    May 2010

How to edit your ad

Hello,

How do I edit my classified ads?

thanks,
    big dumb guy

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast