Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative reps.

Ninja Master Powers
    I can't believe this thread is even here much less still alive.

Is it possible to neg rep a whole thread?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    I have been corrected by -rep before. I do agree that most of it seems to be petty retorts to something I posted. I don't think I've ever received a signed -rep...

If people would start giving out +rep for positive behavior, then there would be little or no sting to the -rep. I don't think anyone can stop people from giving -rep (unless it was disabled). But, I do hope I can encourage others to give out +rep to posts they feel add value to the forums.
    Yes things like 2 years ago in a Forum I told someone that was starting out not to buy a 9mm QR fork because I thought that standard was dieing & would be replaced, Now some one brought that thread back to life & someone neg Repped me for that comment 2 days later.

I brought & payed for a Santa Cruz Tallboy & didn't like it at all for what I like to ride.

When posting that I didn't like it & that others should ride 1 1st & just not take other peoples word for it My Rep got whiped out big time.

Whats more now some Tallboy owners are starting threads trying to sort the problems I was finding & now I just don't want to help.

So I am less help to people on this site because of the Neg system, I just can't be bothered.

You know I don't care if someone doesn't like what I have to say, I'm not always right none of us are, But when some ***** can whipe out your hard work to build good rep that just sux

Just my 2 c

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post

I brought & payed for a Santa Cruz Tallboy & didn't like it at all for what I like to ride.

When posting that I didn't like it & that others should ride 1 1st & just not take other peoples word for it My Rep got whiped out big time.

Whats more now some Tallboy owners are starting threads trying to sort the problems I was finding & now I just don't want to help.
    If you go against the masses you will be singled out and punished and it doesn't matter if you were right all along. A negative when you were alone usually won't be replaced by a positive once things come out. Not just on here either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Click on "my account".
    Thanks AZ, guess I just didn't have any before

- Joel
    Cycling is Serious Business.

~ B A D A S S ~
    davidcopperfield 4 prez!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

Miami, FL
    I've gotten a few negatives, anonymous. As mentioned, keyboard commandos. How will I know who to put on the Ignore list?

Sheesh
    Dan
    Trek 3500 disc

mtbr member
    Ha! just got a negative rep from a thread over two years old!

What kind of folks search through years old threads and leave negative rep?

Just for that I'm giving out positive reps on this thread to offset the suckyness!!

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    What kind of folks search through years old threads
    People who know how to use search?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Ha! just got a negative rep from a thread over two years old!

What kind of folks search through years old threads and leave negative rep?

Just for that I'm giving out positive reps on this thread to offset the suckyness!!
    Yes how is getting a neg rep form 2 years back helping the site

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    There's been some great builds and info. passed out in the last 24 hour period just like every other day. Many more great posts than the ten allowable reputations. I think this really needs to change. There will never be a way to catch up if it stays that way.
    "WE WILL ALWAYS BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by modifier View Post
    If you go against the masses you will be singled out and punished and it doesn't matter if you were right all along.
    Just happened to me today and what a CRAPPY experience it is when the keyboard commados commence to internet bullying. Naturally the more i posted the worse it became so i shared some neg rep myself for what was totally unnecessary from these members.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    Just happened to me today and what a CRAPPY experience it is when the keyboard commados commence to internet bullying. Naturally the more i posted the worse it became so i shared some neg rep myself for what was totally unnecessary from these members.
    Do you mean the chain thread?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Yes how is getting a neg rep form 2 years back helping the site
    I just watched your videos and should give you negative rep just because I live in Houston and our riding SUCKS and your videos make me jealous.

need to add some tunes tho'...here is some that i shot last Feb out in the desert.

Fun Valley & Dog Leg Trail Lajitas Texas - YouTube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad mechanic View Post
    Do you mean the chain thread?
    yes sir i do. I found myself replying to defend my original post as well as subsequent postings from others.

Absolutely positively nothing was done to provoke such antics by these members, no disrespect, i didn't call out their momma er daddy, no name calling etc.

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    I just watched your videos and should give you negative rep just because I live in Houston and our riding SUCKS and your videos make me jealous.

need to add some tunes tho'...here is some that i shot last Feb out in the desert.

Sorry I cant give you a positive rep on the video ... I've given too many in a 24hr period and because of my short term memory , by tomorrow I would have forgotten this ever happened...
    Last edited by torque29er; 04-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    yes sir i do. I found myself replying to defend my original post as well as subsequent postings from others.

Absolutely positively nothing was done to provoke such antics by these members, no disrespect, i didn't call out their momma er daddy, no name calling etc.
    I read that thread, and you came across as pretty arrogant. I can understand why someone would neg rep you for it.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    I read that thread, and you came across as pretty arrogant. I can understand why someone would neg rep you for it.
    I have repped him back into green, so he does not whine..

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    There's been some great builds and info. passed out in the last 24 hour period just like every other day. Many more great posts than the ten allowable reputations. I think this really needs to change. There will never be a way to catch up if it stays that way.
    "WE WILL ALWAYS BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL".
    +1

It can sometimes stop you giving ot rep when you feel you should.

AZ
    banned

Yep.

mtbr member
    negative ........
    Last edited by nvphatty; 04-20-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Carbon & Ti rule

Yes we are a bit lucky with the trails around here, The hardest part is working out what one's to do next.

I may have to add some music next time.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    I replied in the way i was being treated and handed out neg rep accordingly (with little or no impact due to having no rep power myself) based upon members posts towards me when i made a very simple post about chains.
    You are new to da interwebz?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Yep.
    I replied in the way i was being treated and handed out neg rep accordingly (with little or no impact due to having no rep power myself) based upon members posts towards me when i made a very simple post about chains.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    You are new to da interwebz?
    nope not by many years. been around many forums, websites as a member. BTW thanks for the rep.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    negative ...........my post reads as follows: KMC = shimano as does shimano = KMC
    and receive this post:Just because someone manufactures something for a company does not automatically mean they're the same products. Use your head.

my replies to the above post and subsequent posts are me responding to implications and attacks from others that went OT and derailed it temporarily. So yes i'm going to make a stand in the face of attacks and as it turns out neg rep for doing so...WTH is that??!!
    I stand by my statement. Things were fine until you started the "ASSume" thing and started insulting people. They weren't attacking you, rather pointing out that your statement wasn't relevant. Simply because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're attacking you.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast