Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Negative reps.

TR
    Angry bunny
    I have taken to adding back anonymous negative rep to the thread it came from and quoting it as "Gutless anonymous poster" along with my response to what they said.

Agree that MTBR should fix the system like RBR so that at least you know who the person is and you can report their post where it breaches forum rules (which it very often does).

TR
    Angry bunny
    Nice to see Gutless Anonymous Poster actually put his name to the latest negative rep received.
    Seriously Francois, get rid of this childish system.
    You have been asked enough times by enough people.
    Sadly I did not even get a response from you when my comments on this system were forwarded to you by a moderator.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    Agree that MTBR should fix the system...
    last time they fixed something around here, the site was down for a week and came back twice as slow, and with none of the PMs. let's not ask them fix anything. the rep system is what it is. be zen about it or something.

I married a witch.
    At the end of the day, what does it really matter?

Neg rep is either earned, because you said something you shouldn't have, hurt someone's feelings that's too sensitive, or managed to not be baited by a troll, and they're upset.

If you earned it, you either are happy, and therefore this thread doesn't really apply to you. Or you are upset, and maybe you need to change what you're doing that got you that neg rep.

If you hurt a sensitive member's feelings, there's nothing you can do, they're going to be sensitive even if you feel bad about what you said, and are likely to be offended at the next thing you say, no matter how nice you put it... Not much to be done here, shrug the neg, and go on.

If you frustrated someone who was trying to troll you, or someone else, then great, them giving you a neg rep is a good thing.

Getting upset by it is just silly. At the end of the day, it doesn't add or take anything away from you that you don't let it.
    Be respectful to the disrespectful, wise to the unwise, caring to the uncaring, courteous to the uncourteous.
    My Riding Blog

TR
    Angry bunny
    And still it continues.
    This place was retarded when I took a break from it 12 months or so ago.
    The rep system has brought it down to a new level.
    Good work Francois.

Axe
    Custom User Title

Negative reps.

Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    And still it continues.

This place was retarded when I took a break from it 12 months or so ago.

The rep system has brought it down to a new level.
    I wondered why for about 12 months all forum activity was drastically better in quality.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I wondered why for about 12 months all forum activity was drastically better in quality.
    And then you logged back onto this site?

mtbr member
    I just happened to check my reps today and found a couple of real funny ones!
    Yep... I just learned that the RED squares are for funny stuff like this in the "Full Face Helmet For XC, Overkill?" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by wsmac View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am so ashamed for being a "poopyrooster" and a "paltry greenish pond water satchel"
    Thanks for pointing that out to me... I deserve the neg rep

Now I will exit this thread... never to return...
    this evening anyway
    I kinda like this... I get a chance for a nice laugh at someone else's childish expense... WOOHOO!

I see no great personal value in the little colored squares... although I do appreciate the nice comments folks make with the green ones.

mtbr member
    I seem to have a stalker? HAHAHAHAHA.... too funny!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I last posted in that thread in January, passing on my comments about my helmets... they did some digging huh?
    Apparently I'm some sorta safe outlet for at least one person's angst-ridden life

Glad I could help ya out there buddy!

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    More Skittles for me...

"Negative reps. 06-06-2012 08:21 AM try "General" next time, d-bag!"

I love these neg tags from cowardly, narrow-minded, short-sided, moronic individuals...

It's what makes this country great
    ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

mtbr member
    For those reading my posts here...

I'm really not sweating the negative reps... honestly... I seriously find it amusing that there are people on this website who take the time to put inane comments with their "negative rep" in my account.

I'm only posting the images here so the admins can see (if they/he is paying attention at all to this thread) how silly this whole rep thing is.

It's a virtual world... why should I get upset over someone giving me a virtual negative rep... they don't mean anything to me other than being a representation of how silly some people are when they can make comments anonymously... hide behind some fictitious screen name... I actually don't look at the reps thing generally.
    I just happened to look at my account and saw the first two negative reps I posted about earlier.

So... you of little minds... do whatever you want... keep the insults and cussing coming my way if that helps your little pathetic minds in some manner.... I really don't get upset about it

For the rest of you... rest assured that if I post some more of these comments I'm getting... it's not because it's bothering me personally... it's just my little way of showing the owners of this site how silly people are acting with this whole rep thing.
    They can leave it as is or change it... I don't care... reps have no real value to me.
    I appreciate the positive comments I've received from folks through the rep system, but they could have easily just sent me a pm and I would appreciate it just as much.

No matter what... LET'S HAVE FUN!

mtbr member
    Is this thread still going?

I've not posted much but somehow got a bunch of neg reps for stuff posted over TWO years ago...

WTF?

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post

I've not posted much but somehow got a bunch of neg reps for stuff posted over TWO years ago...

WTF?
    Internet NEVER forgets.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post

WTF?
    you probably deserved it. if you get enough red dots you can make a cake out of them. the whole system sucks ass, and did so from the very start, and we all knew it. the only thing that made it good was the crap that they removed a few month ago so now its only crap left and red dots.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods

Negative reps.

Strangely, I've received both positive and negative rep and I was really surprised by whom. Considering why it kind turned me sour on one of the beloved endurance racers and wheelbuilders that I would never have expected it from. What I've honestly never understood is why it's there in the first place.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Speed View Post
    What I've honestly never understood is why it's there in the first place.
    It's used as retaliation I've gone over a year with out getting a negative rep however I commented on thread where the Specialized haters were out in full force and got five in one day just because I agreed with what another poster had said about Specialized and trademark issues so the minions retaliated the only way they know how not by engaging in a rational discussion but giving me negative rep with obscene feedback.

whenever i venture down here i'll spread some postive rep and get a few positive reps back

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Speed View Post
    Strangely, I've received both positive and negative rep and I was really surprised by whom. Considering why it kind turned me sour on one of the beloved endurance racers and wheelbuilders that I would never have expected it from. What I've honestly never understood is why it's there in the first place.
    I'm pretty sure I know who are talking about and he was outed as a serial neg repper back when the site transitioned away from anonymous rep and walla-there he was for all to see. It was a little surprising (but eye opening) to me as well.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Yep, had similar experience with same guy. I was even subscribed to his blog, emphasizing "was." Hey, Lance proved that athletes and idols don't necessarily make great people, after all.
    So true, so very true. Not unlike... I "was" a fan. :-)

Sooz
    I got a negative (red) rep from a so called senior of this site for posting in multiple forums. It would have been nice to have received some friendly guidance and advice on protocols, but he felt there was a need to plant a negative factor in this otherwise great site. My premise has always been to help if I can. I think there must be an issue with his day job or outside life! I guess that's his way of contributing to the biking community.

mtbr member
    Not the only one. It is hard to honor a forum if the managers/moderators end up undermining the very system we are asked to act sensibly. I have received plain reciprocal negative rep from such... punks. It suddenly presents a very low standard for the whole site.

Sooz
    On a more positive note, how does one contribute to a positive (green) rep? I have received some great advice from some and would like to acknowledge with a positive feedback. I have looked around the site and cannot see how one "ticks" a positive green for someone very helpful.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sooza View Post
    On a more positive note, how does one contribute to a positive (green) rep? I have received some great advice from some and would like to acknowledge with a positive feedback. I have looked around the site and cannot see how one "ticks" a positive green for someone very helpful.

See that little star at the lower left hand of every post? Click on it and the box pops up, check approve or disapprove and leave whatever comment you want to. A negative rep requires a comment to be left. A lewd or otherwise inappropriate comment can get you banned.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    kind of a strange system, if you ask me.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast