Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,124

    MTBR is garbage in Chrome now

    Is anybody having serious difficulties viewing MTBR in Google Chrome now? It looks like a pretty big Chrome update rolled out as a few settings/buttons are moved around.

  2. #2
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,999
    Not on MTBR, but on RBR I am having big time issues.

  3. #3
    Another Retro Grouch
    Reputation: pursuiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,382
    I bumped my dual core netbook up to 4GB of RAM for $20, much better now.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Everything seems to be running smoothly now

    Guess there were some updates on here on on Chrome.

  5. #5
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,999
    Bumping this, having issues in Chrome, some threads freeze up on opening, may be long running scripts or ads.

  6. #6
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Bumping this, having issues in Chrome, some threads freeze up on opening, may be long running scripts or ads.
    I noticed the same on my home desktop tonight. Stuff was taking a lot time to load. I already block the ads here, so about the only thing I had left to do was block the right sidebar with all of the mtbr content links. That seems to have fixed it. Something in there was taking forever to load.

  7. #7
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,204
    scratch that. Chrome is back to choking on mtbr. It seems to be having trouble with the Twitter and Facebook crap on the page. I used element blocker to try to get rid of all the social buttons. we'll see if it helps at all.

    edit - nope. it's not the buttons. it's something else loading in the background. it seems to hang on the twitter, twimg, and facebook scripts at times, but I've also seen it hang on the Google custom search and some cdn.consummerreivew domain.

  8. #8
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,999
    Big improvement, threads will actually load and open. Seemed it was stuck on a never loading Facebook
    ad. See how it goes.

  9. #9
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,281
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Big improvement, threads will actually load and open. Seemed it was stuck on a never loading Facebook
    ad. See how it goes.
    The forums choke badly on Chrome for me, and have for months. Does seem to be related to the loading of outside content (ads, FB, Youtube...).

    Gave up and use Safari for mtbr
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  10. #10
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,999
    Yep, spoke too soon. Worse than before now. Unusable, threads wont load, page freezes up.

  11. #11
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,281
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Yep, spoke too soon. Worse than before now. Unusable, threads wont load, page freezes up.
    Use a different browser.

    With Chrome I tried clearing the cache and a few other things. Would run the forums OK at first and get progressively slower with use.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  12. #12
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,999
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Use a different browser.

    With Chrome I tried clearing the cache and a few other things. Would run the forums OK at first and get progressively slower with use.




    Thanks shiggy, I will look at using something else.

  13. #13
    Rep Power: Infinity
    Reputation: NateHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,204
    Chrome has been acting up on other websites for me lately. I don't know what happened, but it seems to have just broken. I switched to Opera and everything seems to be running smoothly. I am not a fan of the button layout on Firefox, so I don't like using it unless I absolutely have to.

  14. #14
    wish I was out riding
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    43
    Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.
    Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

    this is what I get when I try to visit some forum sections on chrome....

    EDIT: refreshing the page won't help

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mountain Cycle Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    I noticed the same on my home desktop tonight. Stuff was taking a lot time to load. I already block the ads here, so about the only thing I had left to do was block the right sidebar with all of the mtbr content links. That seems to have fixed it. Something in there was taking forever to load.
    How do you block the right sidebar?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

  16. #16
    Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    482
    ^^This

  17. #17
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,999
    Quote Originally Posted by BuntyMan View Post
    Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.
    Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

    this is what I get when I try to visit some forum sections on chrome....

    EDIT: refreshing the page won't help



    Try clearing the cache in Chrome after signing out of MTBR.

  18. #18
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    How do you block the right sidebar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    ^^This


    Use an element blocker in Ad Block. Make sure you're using the latest version.

  19. #19
    wish I was out riding
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Try clearing the cache in Chrome after signing out of MTBR.
    I did this, I can browse OK without being logged in, but the moment I log in, it's all wonky again..

  20. #20
    MHC
    MHC is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    72
    Similar problems with Chrome, pages fail to load, load wrongly with overwritten text or Bad request/gateway timeout - works fine in IE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •