Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9

    How to delete MTBR user account

    ?????

  2. #2
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,189
    Umm… get yourself banned by posting objectionable material???
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  3. #3
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,224
    PM a Mod and ask to have the account deleted .

  4. #4
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Umm… get yourself banned by posting objectionable material???

    I think this is the best suggestion. Way more entertaining for us.

  5. #5
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    I think this is the best suggestion. Way more entertaining for us.
    It doesn’t take much effort to get locked/banned over at the roadbike forums. I’ve seen some people do pretty harmless-yet-shoulda-known-better sorts of things which got them locked/banned.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    190
    Just don't post anymore, log out and leave. What's so hard about that? It's not like it's a bank account or something with lots of private information that you need to protect.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    It doesn’t take much effort to get locked/banned over at the roadbike forums. I’ve seen some people do pretty harmless-yet-shoulda-known-better sorts of things which got them locked/banned.
    Just start questioning the quality of the products of the site sponsors. Seems to land the banhammer here.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    I want to change the name Clippy and they won't let me add a new name under the same e-mail.

  9. #9
    I just let one RIP
    Reputation: Jwiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy
    I want to change the name Clippy and they won't let me add a new name under the same e-mail.
    what if you change the email for clippy, then register with a new name with your email?
    A ride a day keeps the therapist away.

  10. #10
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,622
    New hotmail or gmail address- new mtbr account. Done.

  11. #11
    govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Reputation: ArmySlowRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,153
    But but he/she might want to retain his/her large post count of two...


    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    New hotmail or gmail address- new mtbr account. Done.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    That is a great idea to just get a second junk e-mail address change it then try to register with the good one again. Thanks!

    I am a she and my thoughts were to use the Clippy as the angry unemployed employee from Microsoft (old help assistant) with the image of Clippy with angry eyes. Then I thought, "That is stupid". I would rather have a much cooler user name.

  13. #13
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy
    That is a great idea to just get a second junk e-mail address change it then try to register with the good one again. Thanks!

    I am a she and my thoughts were to use the Clippy as the angry unemployed employee from Microsoft (old help assistant) with the image of Clippy with angry eyes. Then I thought, "That is stupid". I would rather have a much cooler user name.


    BANNED is pretty good .

  14. #14
    don't try this at home
    Reputation: moschika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    It doesn’t take much effort to get locked/banned over at the roadbike forums. I’ve seen some people do pretty harmless-yet-shoulda-known-better sorts of things which got them locked/banned.
    speaking of which. haven't seen much of you in the lounge lately. you get bizanned? or doing more of the dirt stuff now.
    will you rep me?

  15. #15
    Dirt Deviant
    Reputation: savagemann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,693
    Just PM a moderator and ask them if they can do the name change for you. I know Dremer did it.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

  16. #16
    pedal pusher
    Reputation: f3rg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy
    That is a great idea to just get a second junk e-mail address change it then try to register with the good one again. Thanks!
    Everyone should have 4 or 5 throw-away email accounts for various reasons.

  17. #17
    Dirt Deviant
    Reputation: savagemann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by f3rg
    Everyone should have 4 or 5 throw-away email accounts for various reasons.
    Or 40 or 50.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

  18. #18
    1946:2006:2066
    Reputation: FireDog46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by savagemann
    Just PM a moderator and ask them if they can do the name change for you. I know Dremer did it.
    ditto that
    I did it some years ago
    my handle used be simply my initials
    not very original
    my current handle is my Chinese zodiac
    my avatar a dalmatian puppy
    the traditional fire house mascot
    a fire dog
    "Be not afraid of going slowly but only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

  19. #19
    Drinking the Slick_Juice
    Reputation: nuck_chorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy
    That is a great idea to just get a second junk e-mail address change it then try to register with the good one again. Thanks!

    I am a she and my thoughts were to use the Clippy as the angry unemployed employee from Microsoft (old help assistant) with the image of Clippy with angry eyes. Then I thought, "That is stupid". I would rather have a much cooler user name.
    oh I tought you were an employee of cracked.com's Cracked tv

    http://www.cracked.com/video_18153_4...ir-future.html
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

  20. #20
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy
    ...I am a she...
    OK, we're gonna need some pics for verification
    j/k
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Clippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    I will try to PM a moderator first. This just gives me more time to really think about a better name.

  22. #22
    govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Reputation: ArmySlowRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,153
    I am almost certain we can help come up with a fitting one, but will need poses of you on and off the bike...

    Quote Originally Posted by Clippy
    I will try to PM a moderator first. This just gives me more time to really think about a better name.

  23. #23
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by moschika
    speaking of which. haven't seen much of you in the lounge lately. you get bizanned? or doing more of the dirt stuff now.
    Just like Bacefook.com, I have been avoiding it since it is an incredible timesink. Also, I was out of the country for a month (Göteborg, Sweden and Nairobi/Kenton/Ngong/Naivasha/Mombasa Kenya), and have just been enjoying riding without worries of the online world since I’ve been back).

    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  24. #24
    .
    Reputation: Kneescar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    495
    Maybe you could PM some people that have been banned and get their advice.

  25. #25
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneescar
    Maybe you could PM some people that have been banned and get their advice.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •