RideDirt

How about a chill pill with all these ads please?

I understand you have to make your money somewhere , its marketing, and these companies are paying for the space but also on your end your suppose to make sure it works ..

Pages are taking FOREVER to load sometimes due to your flash ads , dont you know so much flash will kill a websites loading speed ? Who does your design layout here cuz its a terrible job.. Its getting really annoying thats all.

banned
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    I understand you have to make your money somewhere , its marketing, and these companies are paying for the space but also on your end your suppose to make sure it works ..

Pages are taking FOREVER to load sometimes due to your flash ads , dont you know so much flash will kill a websites loading speed ? Who does your design layout here cuz its a terrible job.. Its getting really annoying thats all.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefo.../adblock-plus/

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasmachineman NL View Post
    Dubber has a point though.

That the ads are getting too power and bandwidth consuming, means more of us are using ad-block, which in turn means lower net revenue for the site.

I pointed this out to the admins a while back, but they didn't seem to share that point of view.

Magura

RideDirt
    I have done some previous website design and this much flash is a big NO NO .. There are other ways to express your flash in a banner up top and cycle all the companies ads for exposure and it will actually speed things up.

Look at this layout , i see more ads then forums , and it looks extremely non professional , cluttered , and it actually makes me NOT want to click an ad . Your ads on here are all up top , the side , and the very bottom , LOL out of control .

Here are some examples of well layed out forums that i visit :

BIMMERPOST | BMW Forum, BMW News and BMW Blog

This forums is just as big as yours and its not anywhere near as bad as mtbrforums

Jeep Forum - Jeep Enthusiast Network