mtbr member

Frane display size issue

I've notcied on a few threads where people post ginormous pictures, this messes with the frame orientation and things like Reply, Reply with Quite, or Advanced Posting options are gone as the right portion of the screen is not visible nor any scrolling tabs display to move the screen left or right. You cannot even do the Quick Reply on the bottom as the Submit button is also gone off to the right and you can't scroll left or right to view it.

As shown below, page is done loading, picture of bike is massive and cuts everything off, no scroll tabs left or right are visible to get to any sort of Reply button.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Has to do with the "forum skin". Can be changed from "wide" to "fixed" in your profile's general settings, near the bottom of the page. Or you can change it at the very bottom of any forum page, located in the blue stripe all the way to the left is a small pull down menu. Quick Style Chooser: Set it to "fixed" and everything will shrink to a set width so you can see a whole page.

The problem I'm having is that it used to resize the pages to fit the width of your monitor, but that has seemed to disappear in the last month. Cleared cookies and cache, logged out, then back in and nothing changes..

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Got to scroll back 4 months to see responses from other users about this issue. Some have reported success with Chrome.

No formal admin response.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bme107 View Post
    Has to do with the "forum skin". Can be changed from "wide" to "fixed" in your profile's general settings, near the bottom of the page. Or you can change it at the very bottom of any forum page, located in the blue stripe all the way to the left is a small pull down menu. Quick Style Chooser: Set it to "fixed" and everything will shrink to a set width so you can see a whole page.

The problem I'm having is that it used to resize the pages to fit the width of your monitor, but that has seemed to disappear in the last month. Cleared cookies and cache, logged out, then back in and nothing changes..
    Bump for answers.

I tried the Fixed orientation and that only utilizes 1/3 of my screen and everything is small.

Bring back the side scroll!!!!

MTB B'dos
    As has been said, in Chrome there is no issue use WIDE or FIXED, images are scaled down, in Firefox, even the newest you CANNOT scroll across when someone embeds a huge image in WIDE and if you used FIXED, it scales images down to very small. I'm not running a small desktop either 1920x1080, so can't imagine what it's like for those running smaller.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Formerly Carlos9
    This is driving me nuts!!!

Horizontal scrolling PLEASE!
    You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough.

local trails rider
    How does this compare to single-track?
    Huge photo messes up the page layout for me

Using Firefox on Windows.

Some forums scale down images to fit the screen - but allow you to click for full size.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"