No Stranger to danger....

Francois, Gregg, New LATEST POST FORMAT Very difficult to understand and read..

Hi guys ,it seems you have removed the option of using the old format for viewing the 'latest posts'.
    The new format is almost impossible to follow, it has the users avatar and name first, then comment and thread and its in a very hard colour to read, a light grey/blue.
    Its just not an ordered format, and it is so difficult to follow.

It seems the best feature of mtbr was removed yesterday, it was the small black box under the main forum options that gave you the ability to view new posts the same as the old format.

Why does every decent feature that makes good sense, removed for an option thats worse than the original option..?

PLEASE can you think about changing the Latest post format back to the clear and understandable format it was before, the old format or display was the best thing about mtbr for surfing latest posts, now it so hard to read and bad on the eyes its not worth even looking at it, its just head ache material and makes no sense to the reader.

cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    i thought i clicked on something as i too was wondering why things are different. could'nt agree more, the previous "NEWEST POST" format was better! was easy to browse unlike this current "LATEST FORUM POST"one..

guess so much for "don't fix what isn't broken".
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    Yes, bring back "latest post" feature or whatever it was called. I was sad yesterday to see it gone, and the new format is hard to read.

mtbr member
    Also, possibly related, when I go to my profile and click "Find latest posts" it says searching has been disabled. I use that rather than email notifications to see if anyone has responded to my posts.

Can I get it back? Kthnx.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

It was just small things like this that really made mtbr worthwhile, i really dont know what to think of late.
    Please guys, bring the older common sense format for latest posts back, or at least make it an option like it was a few days ago, the difference is day and night.

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    It was just small things like this that really made mtbr worthwhile, i really dont know what to think of late.
    Please guys, bring the older common sense format for latest posts back, or at least make it an option like it was a few days ago, the difference is day and night.
    I may have to sell my computer and get a smart phone to view MTBR.com!!! It seems like the pleasant computer version experience at MTBR has been removed with this latest upgrade. Not sure viewing it on a 2" x 3.x" screen is the same pleasant experience....

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Yea this place is tanking fast. That is the ONLY was I read ANY forum. **** it, I quit the net, I am going out to go live my live.

SCREW YOU GUYS I'M GOING HOME! lol

banned
    Aug 2012
    At least I could access the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Yea this place is tanking fast. That is the ONLY was I read ANY forum. **** it, I quit the net, I am going out to go live my live.

SCREW YOU GUYS I'M GOING HOME! lol
    lol, im hearing ya, but hang in there ive just got word its only temporary, it will be comin back up soon,
    i was just about to pick up my bat n ball n go home to lol.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
    Also, possibly related, when I go to my profile and click "Find latest posts" it says searching has been disabled. I use that rather than email notifications to see if anyone has responded to my posts.

Can I get it back? Kthnx.

The search function has been disabled while they sort out issues.

mtbr member
    Agree completely. The new format works well if you're looking for topics in a particular subforum but most of us probably click on the 'view new posts' and read the new stuff that is of interest and skip over the rest.

If you're wanting to search mtbr, go to google and type in "site:Mtbr.com" following by whatever you are searching for. It's a much more accurate way to search anyways.

mtbr member
    WTF. That is a basic function of the forums. Had to login from computer because Tapatalk is all screwed up too.

mtbr member
    Please bring back the classic "latest post." I am lost without it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    They're not listening since we're not the ones paying the bills. We are the content.

Warrior's Society
    Thereis an announcement at the top of each forum that says they turned those functions off temporarily.

Announcements - 29er Bikes
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Thanks Dirty San, I thought it might be something like that going on. In the meanwhile, I've found an alternative way to see my recent posts that I think I like better anyway.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks Dirty San, I thought it might be something like that going on. In the meanwhile, I've found an alternative way to see my recent posts that I think I like better anyway.
    mind sharing that "alternative way"....
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    They're not listening since we're not the ones paying the bills. We are the content.
    Heard something similar with regards to FB.

If you're not the one doing the buying or selling, you're probably the product being sold.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    mind sharing that "alternative way"....
    Go to your profile page and scroll down to the activity feed. The default is "All". Right next to it is your user name. Click on it and the activity feed changes to your most recent posts. It's limited to either the last 30 posts or 1 week, not sure which, so if you need to go back further than that you're out of luck until they re-enable searching. I'm rarely looking any further back than that so I'm thinking I like this better anyway.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Go to your profile page and scroll down to the activity feed. The default is "All". Right next to it is your user name. Click on it and the activity feed changes to your most recent posts. It's limited to either the last 30 posts or 1 week, not sure which, so if you need to go back further than that you're out of luck until they re-enable searching. I'm rarely looking any further back than that so I'm thinking I like this better anyway.
    thanks.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Francois, Gregg, New LATEST POST FORMAT Very difficult to understand and read..

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Hi guys ,it seems you have removed the option of using the old format for viewing the 'latest posts'.
    The new format is almost impossible to follow, it has the users avatar and name first, then comment and thread and its in a very hard colour to read, a light grey/blue.
    Its just not an ordered format, and it is so difficult to follow.

It seems the best feature of mtbr was removed yesterday, it was the small black box under the main forum options that gave you the ability to view new posts the same as the old format.

Why does every decent feature that makes good sense, removed for an option thats worse than the original option..?

PLEASE can you think about changing the Latest post format back to the clear and understandable format it was before, the old format or display was the best thing about mtbr for surfing latest posts, now it so hard to read and bad on the eyes its not worth even looking at it, its just head ache material and makes no sense to the reader.

cheers
    For an alternate format click "New Posts" instead of "Latest Forum Posts".

I prefer the latter because of the preview of the new post.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    For an alternate format click "New Posts" instead of "Latest Forum Posts".

I prefer the latter because of the preview of the new post.

cheers shiggy, the 'new post' was the one that went missing and the one i couldnt live without, but its back now so happy days, thanks admin, cheers