Forum upgrades

Printable View

• 12-13-2012
    drussell
    Forum upgrades
    So it looks like the hamsters at RBR got a new wheel for Christmas, which means MTBR probably isn't far behind. Anyone know if I can get vbulletin 4.2 to be wider on my screen rather than taking up a 1/3 strip down the middle with about 1/3 of that taken up by ads? I've got a lot of wasted real estate...

edit: I'm using chrome.
  • 12-13-2012
    drussell
    Fixed. There's a dropdown at the bottom of the page for Default or Full Screen styles...
  • 12-19-2012
    Thanks for the tip. I stopped going to RBR after the upgrade. It was bad enough with the ads down the right side, but adding two more large vertical bars of nothing is ridiculous.

The RBR site is more usable in full-screen mode, but the it seems to load more slowly and the unnecessary gradients and shadows are annoying. Going from MTBR to RBR is like going from OS X 10.8 to 10.5-- i.e. not pleasant.
  • 12-19-2012
    Trail Ninja
    I tried a couple of tests and found both sites loading at about the same speed. And with the RBR forum in full screen, I don't get the shadows at all. I see them on the main site because it's still a fixed width.