• 01-16-2013
    gregg
    Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here
    Hello All,

    We have finished upgrading our forum software from vBulletin version 3.8.7 to version 4.2.0! If you have any problems or questions, please post in this thread here.

    Some of the highlights of this upgrade are:

    • Faster and more security - hackers and spammers are attacking our site every week and they ruin the forums with spam or infect it with virus/malware. We can get this under control now.
    • Better Photo Uploading - photos are now resized automatically and cannot ruin a post. Also, multiple photo uploads can be done in one step. And finally, photos can be inline with a post so it's possible to tell better stories as you can insert photos in the text.
    • Better Profile wall - you can now follow or 'friend' other users and all their activity will show up on your summary wall. It's way easier now to keep updated with members that are interesting to you.
    • Many more user options, sorting methods, configurability.
    • A bunch more features are available now like 'thanking' or giving a thumbs up to a post so the best content is easily recognized.



    Also, to highlight some of the new and improved features of the new forum (like uploading multiple photos at once), we have created this informative video here:

    New Mtbr forum - YouTube

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NzZ2XxlAoLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>



    A common question is: how to change the width of the forum from "fixed" to "wide". There is a dropdown menu towards the bottom of the page and you can select "wide" there. See this screenshot:


    Thanks for your support.

    -francis and gregg
  • 01-16-2013
    ArmySlowRdr
    hopefully the chicklet wars will remain ! ;) lol
  • 01-16-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    hopefully the chicklet wars will remain ! ;) lol

    The future of rep is still up in the air.
  • 01-24-2013
    Mtn-Rider
    My biggest concern is that spammers still manage to sign up and take a dump right in our face. I hope that goes away with the upgrade.
  • 01-25-2013
    Kiwiplague
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    My biggest concern is that spammers still manage to sign up and take a dump right in our face. I hope that goes away with the upgrade.

    Amen to that. Is it me, or does the amount of spam seem to be increasing lately?
  • 01-28-2013
    gregg
    better spam fighting tools is one of the key reasons for the upgrades!
  • 01-28-2013
    jtforester
    Will the new version have access to the classifieds section?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  • 01-29-2013
    MoweeWowee
    Password reset link not working
    In getting ready for the forum upgrade, I wanted to update my password. I then went to the page to send me a password reset, having forgotten it. I received the reset link, but never the 2nd email to actually do the work.

    Sadly, this meant I was logged out of my account and could not get back in, and repeated attempts to get my password reset have not worked. I assume this is due to the upgrade, and I have created a new account.

    I will check tomorrow to see if I can get back to my old profile, but this has been a hassle.
  • 01-29-2013
    Stockli Boy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MoweeWowee View Post
    In getting ready for the forum upgrade, I wanted to update my password. I then went to the page to send me a password reset, having forgotten it. I received the reset link, but never the 2nd email to actually do the work.

    Sadly, this meant I was logged out of my account and could not get back in, and repeated attempts to get my password reset have not worked. I assume this is due to the upgrade, and I have created a new account.

    I will check tomorrow to see if I can get back to my old profile, but this has been a hassle.

    All set and back into my old profile. Thanks for the help.
  • 01-29-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jtforester View Post
    Will the new version have access to the classifieds section?

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

    Yes. And should have some improvements over current system.
  • 01-30-2013
    MtbMacgyver
    Is there a way to make the new forum software use the full width of the browser window? It's only using about half of my available screen space now which makes it difficult to use.
  • 01-30-2013
    ThreeD
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MtbMacgyver View Post
    Is there a way to make the new forum software use the full width of the browser window? It's only using about half of my available screen space now which makes it difficult to use.

    I'm having the same issue. If this is the end result of upgrade then it is not very eye appealing. Sorry, I love mtbr but the new format is not something I like.
  • 01-30-2013
    MtbMacgyver
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MtbMacgyver View Post
    Is there a way to make the new forum software use the full width of the browser window? It's only using about half of my available screen space now which makes it difficult to use.

    Just found the "Wide" forum skin setting available in my profile. That makes it better on a laptop, now I'm wondering how that'll work on my mobile devices.
  • 01-30-2013
    joshh
    If this is what they stick with, it is definitely going to take some getting used to
  • 01-30-2013
    MtbMacgyver
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MtbMacgyver View Post
    Just found the "Wide" forum skin setting available in my profile. That makes it better on a laptop, now I'm wondering how that'll work on my mobile devices.

    And also just found the quick forum skin picker (fixed / wide) in the footer bar on each forum page.
  • 01-30-2013
    heyyall
    Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here
    Participated threads do not show up in tapatalk.
  • 01-30-2013
    pequin
    Did all the smilies make the trip? :/
  • 01-30-2013
    r1Gel
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    If this is what they stick with, it is definitely going to take some getting used to

    I agree with this. I was a bit troubled earlier today when I couldn't log in. Then coming home tonight, and I find this! First impression is, I prefer the old look. But I guess I just need some time to get used to it.
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Hey Guys,
    We have an updated announcement here with screenshot and a video on how to change to "wide" width:

    Announcements - Passion

    So far, so good, I think?


    >>From the forum announcement:

    The biggest question may be: how to change the width of the forum from "fixed" to "wide". There is a dropdown menu towards the bottom of the page and you can select "wide" there. See this screenshot:

    <img src="http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/fixed-wide-screen2.jpg" width="643" height="632" alt="Mtbr New Forum Screenshot">

    Also, to highlight some of the new and improved features of the new forum (like uploading multiple photos at once), we have created this informative video here:

    New Mtbr forum - YouTube

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NzZ2XxlAoLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Participated threads do not show up in tapatalk.

    I will check on this in a few.

    And I think most of the smilies made the jump!
  • 01-30-2013
    CharacterZero
    1 Attachment(s)
    weird pixelated thumbnails
  • 01-30-2013
    rockyuphill
    1 Attachment(s)
    Images appear as an almost unrecognizable thumbnail in the latest Chrome browser. When clicked on the images appear OK, but why would you click on a thumbnail that looked like this?

    Like this thumbnail that I saved out of one of my posts,,,
  • 01-30-2013
    Drop the Seat
    Hi, my main concern for you is that the site defaults to fixed width. I think this is a big mistake.

    Today's browsers (mobile and non-mobile) do an excellent job of conforming sites to available screen size. I suggest you default your site to either a wider fixed width, or 'wide' as the default setting.

    New visitors will not figure out how to change from fixed to wide. I'm guessing the fixed width will be a turn-off to many new visitors.

    If you could make your site 'fully responsive', that would be pretty cool.
  • 01-30-2013
    bad mechanic
    Could someone please tell me where the user control panel went?
  • 01-30-2013
    Logover
    On the old version when there was a update to a thread the text used to be bold. Now I am not able to tell which one has new posts since I looked at it last without remembering which ones I have been to.
  • 01-30-2013
    bulerias
    Blue on white is hard to see; hope you didn't pay somebody for that brainfart. This is an example of where 'continuous improvement' hits the wall of 'if it aint broke'. What a disaster.

    Let me get this. We're supposed to see blue on white as highlighted? Epic fail; but it isn't just MTBR. Lots of dysfunctional websites and labelling going on at the moment. Maybe 'Readable' will be the Next Big Thing. Who could have known?

    Ya just spoiled my morning coffee...
  • 01-30-2013
    Shmoo
    Just got this, navigating between pages:


    I cannot connect to the database.
  • 01-30-2013
    evasive
    Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Participated threads do not show up in tapatalk.

    Similarly, my current participated threads aren't showing in Tapatalk. I do have a long list of threads showing up there, but they're all years old: e.g. last post dates to 2006.
  • 01-30-2013
    captain smoke eater
    Viewing the forum on my ipad and all pictures that are attached are blurry and pixels.
  • 01-30-2013
    rockyuphill
    I notice that when I go from the general forum to my gallery I get logged out every time and have to log in again. The lack of a "Keep me logged in" setting is a nuisance.
  • 01-30-2013
    Tyler21
    I was never a fan of vBulletin 4. That was when vB went to crap. vB 5 isn't even looking like it's going to save the software. vB 3 is legendary in the forum world and even to this day there's no reason to part with it in my opinion. But it's too late for that now, so with that being said, I was unable to use the quick reply box on my iPhone to make this post. Maybe it's something that could be looked into.
  • 01-30-2013
    JoePAz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Images appear as an almost unrecognizable thumbnail in the latest Chrome browser. When clicked on the images appear OK, but why would you click on a thumbnail that looked like this?

    Like this thumbnail that I saved out of one of my posts,,,

    I have the same issue on chrome. Of Note I don't get this on the Sister site RoadbikeReview
  • 01-30-2013
    Moe Ped
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Drop the Seat View Post
    Hi, my main concern for you is that the site defaults to fixed width. I think this is a big mistake.

    Today's browsers (mobile and non-mobile) do an excellent job of conforming sites to available screen size. I suggest you default your site to either a wider fixed width, or 'wide' as the default setting.

    New visitors will not figure out how to change from fixed to wide. I'm guessing the fixed width will be a turn-off to many new visitors.

    If you could make your site 'fully responsive', that would be pretty cool.

    This ^^^
  • 01-30-2013
    dirtdan
    1 Attachment(s)
    Pretty good transition thus far. Took a little while to discover the "fixed" width and change to "wide."
    Attachments work fine, uploading files works fine. Able to find the subscribed threads tab so all is well.
    It takes a little while to adjust to a new look and new locations for tabs and such, but it's fun seeing which people accept change well and which ones don't. :) Always good entertainment.
    Here's a bike!
    Attachment 766490
  • 01-30-2013
    Moe Ped
    Welcome to the Upgraded Mtbr Forums - How To Video!
    Did anybody else think "Welcome to the Upgraded Mtbr Forums - How To Video!" was about how to use a GoPro?

    I did...

    Made several unnecessary posts in NorCal before I found this thread...

    If it had read "Welcome to the Upgraded Mtbr Forums - How To's (and video)" I might have gone there first.

    Minor snivel...
  • 01-30-2013
    Ronnie
    I'm basically happy with the changes. It shouldn't take too long to get used to. I have one comment though. I would like to see a change made to the "Quick Navigation" button. On the old forum if I wanted to go back to the sub-forum I'm on, I would press the name. In this case "Site Feedback/Issues" and would go directly to the sub-forum. Now when I click the button I get the full list of forums, I have to find the forum I'm on and click on it again. Previously the arrow would bring up the menu and the name would go back to the sub-forum.
  • 01-30-2013
    evasive
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    just came here looking for a solution to this. Not like. Otherwise I'm getting along fine

    can't be a good day for site admins and such. Feel bad for the day y'all are having...

    I'm having the same issue with Chrome. I haven't closed the browser, just navigated away. On return, I'm logged out again.
  • 01-30-2013
    Mtn-Rider
    A lot more screen space would be available for posts & ads if there were an option to turn of displaying all the user options on the left.

    <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Yay6FilnAyINt2k3VD3XUqp2IbGVm9rv9BgnHc79xfE?feat=e mbedwebsite"><img src="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gmAUgzHC1Og/UQlYWayi23I/AAAAAAAABbk/ivdSgsy8efo/s800/Screenshot%2520from%25202013-01-30%252010-15-44.jpg" height="510" width="642" /></a>
  • 01-30-2013
    dirt farmer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Images appear as an almost unrecognizable thumbnail in the latest Chrome browser. When clicked on the images appear OK, but why would you click on a thumbnail that looked like this?

    Like this thumbnail that I saved out of one of my posts,,,

    For those of you remarking on the pixelated photos, it takes time to run through the whole forum to correct millions of photos.

    See Francois's explanation here.
  • 01-30-2013
    cjohnson
    "reply to thread"
    I don't like that the first option is the "quick reply". If I click "reply to thread" twice I get the option to include a subject line, and a message area.

    From a user standpoint, I am not seeing the advantages so far. The "quick relply," pixalated photos are a turn-off. As is the narrow view.

    Long time users may mess around with the setting, but people new the site may not.
  • 01-30-2013
    Tyler21
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cjohnson View Post
    "reply to thread"
    I don't like that the first option is the "quick reply". If I click "reply to thread" twice I get the option to include a subject line, and a message area.

    From a user standpoint, I am not seeing the advantages so far. The "quick relply," pixalated photos are a turn-off. As is the narrow view.

    Long time users may mess around with the setting, but people new the site may not.

    Speaking of the quick reply box, it's not very user friendly to not have the BBCode buttons there anymore (links, images, bold, colors, sizes, smilies, etc.). I'm not sure if that is intended or if it is just another setback that comes with vB 4.
  • 01-30-2013
    50calray
    May I suggest installing Stopforumspam on vbbuilitin.org? It will cross check every new IP/Email through Stopforumspam's data base and deny access to those who are confirmed spammers.

    vbStopForumSpam - vBulletin.org Forum
  • 01-30-2013
    Econoline
    I definitely prefer the old version. Don't see this as an improvement.
  • 01-30-2013
    TwoTone
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    hopefully the chicklet wars will remain ! ;) lol

    That's already gone now that you can see who's giving the neg rep. Ironically all the chicken shits that gave me unsigned Neg rep were very high rep people on here
  • 01-30-2013
    TwoTone
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    I notice that when I go from the general forum to my gallery I get logged out every time and have to log in again. The lack of a "Keep me logged in" setting is a nuisance.

    This! Need a keep me logged in.
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Pixelated images are being fixed but this will take time. The old photos are being reprocessed and resized at the moment. New photos are done right now so they'll be fine. It will take about a week to crunch through the million photos but we are starting with the most recent ones first and going back from there.

    You can change your personal settings to WYSIWYG editor and that will give you all the features (code, smilies, etc...)
  • 01-30-2013
    mbco1975
    RE: Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here
    Open a link to a new tab forces me to log in again.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
  • 01-30-2013
    Tyler21
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    You can change your personal settings to WYSIWYG editor and that will give you all the features (code, smilies, etc...)

    Safari doesn't support WYSIWYG so the quick reply box has nothing there (in Safari). I'm using my girlfriend's MacBook though. On my own PC I use Chrome, which I know does support WYSIWYG, so I guess it's not that big of a deal for me (but might be for Safari-only users).
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    This! Need a keep me logged in.

    We are working on this one.
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    Just got this, navigating between pages:


    I cannot connect to the database.

    I got this too. We had to restart our classifieds server. Should be better now. May possibly happen again.
  • 01-30-2013
    Josue
    weird pixelated thumbnails
    As several other members in the forum, I also seem to have pixelated thumbnails.:skep:
  • 01-30-2013
    natzx7
    I can't seem to find the "My Account" tab that showed new thread replies to threads I have posted in / recent rep. Is this feature gone?
  • 01-30-2013
    Josue
    Cannot connect to server
    Ohhh...and I also could not connect to server a while ago.
  • 01-30-2013
    DRSpalding
    The "Quick Navigation" dropdown is not primed with the current location, making it more cumbersome to go between the three forums I use most that are within one page of each other (Washington, Cannondale, and Ibis). It always defaults to the top of the list now.
  • 01-30-2013
    joshh
    For those of you like me, that go straight for "My Account" to see new subscribed threads, I have only found one solution so far. Across the top there is a "Quick links" with a drop down arrow. Click on that and one of the option sis subscribed threads. It will show you ALL threads you are subscribed to, with the most recent on top. You can tell if it has new posts because it will have the arrow next to the thread title that takes you to new posts in the thread. Not as convenient, but it gets the job done....

    As for everyone complaining about pixelated pictures, the site admin Gregg has already responded to that 2 or 3 times. I think we can stop beating that dead horse...
  • 01-30-2013
    heartland
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bulerias View Post
    Blue on white is hard to see; hope you didn't pay somebody for that brainfart. This is an example of where 'continuous improvement' hits the wall of 'if it aint broke'. What a disaster.

    Let me get this. We're supposed to see blue on white as highlighted? Epic fail; but it isn't just MTBR. Lots of dysfunctional websites and labelling going on at the moment. Maybe 'Readable' will be the Next Big Thing. Who could have known?

    Ya just spoiled my morning coffee...

    Agreed 100%--aesthetically, this version is hard to look at. It also looks bad with the yellow/brown logo up top. Is there a way to modify the color scheme?
  • 01-30-2013
    Znarf
    First of all, I love mtbr.com and I thank all staff and admins for their hard work.

    You're doing a great job.

    I have to say that I really dislike the new look though. It's cluttered with stuff, colors and buttons. It looks really loud and and the ad banners on the right side now take up almost a third of my iPad display.


    The old version looked a lot cleaner. Any chance that there'll be an option for a classic theme?
    Otherwise ai might have to change to tapatalk or something

    Greetings Znarf

    Sorry again for complaining, I generally really appreciate the effort!!!
  • 01-30-2013
    sea monster
    I don't like the new layout at all. Please, give us back the full width format. Reading is awful in this new version! I appreciate all the rest (of improvements), though.
  • 01-30-2013
    sylus
    The new layout just looks like the forum has been squashed up and made smaller just so you can fit more adverts in on the sides. A dog turd of an upgrade
  • 01-30-2013
    WR304
    Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here
    I wanted to give you some feedback on how the updated MTBR site appears when viewed in the ipad's Safari web browser. The picture below is the updated MTBR forum alongside a screenshot of the previous MTBR forum design.



    On an ipad there are two main issues with the new site design currently. The main one is that the right hand bar which contains news items and adverts has been made much larger than before, taking up most of the screen. The Wide and Fixed forum settings make no difference to this.

    You also have the giant adverts covering half the content on the side bar. All I seem to get as targeted ads on MTBR is Russian dating sites, US Green Card immigration ads and Twix chocolate ads, never anything cycling related...See the pictures above for examples.;)

    The other major issue is that the forum text size has increased significantly, so that less text appears on screen at once. For an ipad with its small screen it means increased scrolling to be able to read anything, whereas before you had plenty of text on screen to read in one go (small text can easily be zoomed in on to make it legible).

    Given the choice between viewing MTBR in the ipad's Safari web browser or an app like Tapatalk I'd much rather use a web browser if possible.:)
  • 01-30-2013
    Josue
    I agree
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by heartland View Post
    Agreed 100%--aesthetically, this version is hard to look at. It also looks bad with the yellow/brown logo up top. Is there a way to modify the color scheme?

    Not to rain on the MTBR New Forum party, but I've normally backed out from forums with this "look."

    A few hours ago, while spending time on this forum, I began feeling dizzy. I'm serious.:D It might be that I don't like change.:rolleyes:

    I think we just have to get used to it and we'll like it just as, or more than,the previous look!:)
  • 01-30-2013
    NuckingFuts
    White people problems:out:
  • 01-30-2013
    eurospek
    Possible to bring back the old color scheme? Way too much blue everywhere now.

    Also previously when viewing a thread, at the bottom there was a text area for quick reply posting, now you have to click "Reply to thread" at the bottom to view the same text area?

    And in this text area are now missing the options of bolding, italicizing, quotes, url, img, etc. To view that in the text area now you have to click "Go Advanced".
  • 01-30-2013
    Shmoo
    Clicked on an attached image, and got this:


    01-30-2013 12:01 PM NTM.jpg


    No picture, just the date.
  • 01-30-2013
    rice rocket
    Searches seem to be ordered wrong. I pick order by last post date, descending to get the most recent results, and they're all threads from 2004, 2005, 2006, etc.
  • 01-30-2013
    29erchico
    Do not like all the blue. Blue, being a very short wavelength, scatters within the eye and causes visual problems.

    Why does this new version have to show up on Firefox with a bunch of wasted space on each side of the active area?

    Gregg, I really feel for you, having to put lipstick on this pig...
  • 01-30-2013
    phlegm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    You also have the giant adverts covering half the content on the side bar. All I seem to get as targeted ads on MTBR is Russian dating sites, US Green Card immigration ads and Twix chocolate ads.

    Hmmm, seems like they've targeted you're top 3 interests flawlessly (and in order of priority too).

    On a serious note, has anyone been able to locate the "rep" area, i.e. where users leave brief messages when they add (or decrease) rep? I just can't seem to find it.
  • 01-30-2013
    greasemeat
    Is there a way to change the color scheme from the user side? Not a big fan of powder blue on white
  • 01-30-2013
    KevXR
    Thanks for having this great site.

    Oh boy, it's an upgrade... not.

    The light blue on white background is painful to view.

    The fixed width is another problem. As if someone with an 7" tablet said this is who the world views our forum.
  • 01-30-2013
    006_007
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    better spam fighting tools is one of the key reasons for the upgrades!


    hmmm, as of 5 hours ago the spam was still happening :mad:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...l#post10120955 - Post 244

    Good news is the other key reasons are working :thumbsup:
  • 01-30-2013
    Vancbiker
    Unable log in on desktop pc running XP and firefox 18. Gives error "Wrong username or password.". Tried two different machines, fails on both. Works OK on iphone5.
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Josue View Post
    As several other members in the forum, I also seem to have pixelated thumbnails.:skep:

    Pixelated images are being fixed but this will take time. The old photos are being reprocessed and resized at the moment. New photos are done right now so they'll be fine. It will take about a week to crunch through the million photos but we are starting with the most recent ones first and going back from there.
  • 01-30-2013
    Bizman
    Better get used to if fellows, roadbiker did the same thing there as they just did here, sorta like dajavu all over again. All the complaints erroers, changes, colors, etc. I use Safari and it doesn't seem to take on to that to friendly for certain things. I guess they call this progress. I am old school if it ain't broke don't fix it! as they said over there if someone wants to spam us they can sign up and do just like with the old format. Have fun getting used to it guys/girls! :)
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 29erchico View Post
    Do not like all the blue. Blue, being a very short wavelength, scatters within the eye and causes visual problems.

    Why does this new version have to show up on Firefox with a bunch of wasted space on each side of the active area?

    Gregg, I really feel for you, having to put lipstick on this pig...

    The blue is a default color. It can be changed. Of course, getting everyone to agree on a soothing color is another question. We will look into tweaking the color settings later. We are still working on stability and functionality issues first.
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Searches seem to be ordered wrong. I pick order by last post date, descending to get the most recent results, and they're all threads from 2004, 2005, 2006, etc.

    Search posts have to all get re-indexed and due to the large number of posts on our site, this will take some time. But search results should be getting better soon.

    Unfortunately, it's started with oldest first.
  • 01-30-2013
    WR304
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Hmmm, seems like they've targeted you're top 3 interests flawlessly (and in order of priority too).

    On a serious note, has anyone been able to locate the "rep" area, i.e. where users leave brief messages when they add (or decrease) rep? I just can't seem to find it.

    You do have to wonder.:eekster:

    In the new layout there's a small black star at the bottom left of the post. Tap on that and it brings up the rep bar. This picture is on a desktop PC.

  • 01-30-2013
    phlegm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    In the new layout there's a small black star at the bottom left of the post. Tap on that and it brings up the rep bar. This picture is on a desktop PC.
    ]

    Thanks WR304, but not quite what I was asking about. In the old forum there was an area within one's profile where you could look at all the rep awareded to you from others, and the comments they left. (Recently, usernames were added to this to eliminate the anonymous neg rep problem.)

    I can't seem to locate this in the new forum.
  • 01-30-2013
    Josue
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Pixelated images are being fixed but this will take time. The old photos are being reprocessed and resized at the moment. New photos are done right now so they'll be fine. It will take about a week to crunch through the million photos but we are starting with the most recent ones first and going back from there.

    Thanks!!
  • 01-30-2013
    dirt farmer
    I was surfing here just fine a few hours ago, then went on a bike ride. When I came back, I had to log in again!! When I log in, I do not see a check box that says "remember me?". How can I make MTBR "remember me"?
  • 01-30-2013
    gregg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I was surfing here just fine a few hours ago, then went on a bike ride. When I came back, I had to log in again!! When I log in, I do not see a check box that says "remember me?". How can I make MTBR "remember me"?

    We are checking into this one. Be sure you have cookies enabled and some users behind firewalls have reported this issue to. Not sure if that applies to you or not.
  • 01-30-2013
    dirt farmer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    We are checking into this one. Be sure you have cookies enabled and some users behind firewalls have reported this issue to. Not sure if that applies to you or not.

    No, no firewall. And cookies always available. I'll wait patiently for a fix. Thanks
  • 01-30-2013
    phlegm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Thanks WR304, but not quite what I was asking about. In the old forum there was an area within one's profile where you could look at all the rep awareded to you from others, and the comments they left. (Recently, usernames were added to this to eliminate the anonymous neg rep problem.)

    I can't seem to locate this in the new forum.

    Found it - you have to click on "Settings" once you've logged in. This targets "http://forums.mtbr.com/usercp.php"
  • 01-30-2013
    dirt farmer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Thanks WR304, but not quite what I was asking about. In the old forum there was an area within one's profile where you could look at all the rep awareded to you from others, and the comments they left. (Recently, usernames were added to this to eliminate the anonymous neg rep problem.)

    I can't seem to locate this in the new forum.

    Did anyone here even bother watching the video on the top of the page??!!

    To view rep received (and rep you've given), click on "settings" in the upper right.
  • 01-30-2013
    Sand Rat
    Did not go through all the posts...but understand that the question of 'rep' is still up in the air as to continuing it.

    My experience is to say...Kill the damn thing. It serves no usefull purpose. It is nothing more than a play thing, none of it of any redeaming value.
  • 01-30-2013
    joshh
    So for those of you looking for the "My Accounts", it is now "Settings" in the upper right corner where the login is. Shows you subscribed threads with new posts and your rep.
  • 01-30-2013
    eatdrinkride
    2 big problems
    Maybe it's been covered, idk.

    1) sometimes when I log in my password is not hidden, the actual letter I type are shown and in this case I get login in errors saying my username or password is incorrect.

    2) I cannot stay logged in once I leave the site. This is a HUGE thorn in my side, we mtbr'rs like to come back all through the day.

    Thanks for reading..

    also why is my username and line under it cut off? I am in wide mode.

    One more thing. Can we ditch the long page of rep that is listed when I go to my settings page? Most of us don't care about the rep system and personally I care even less to see all the rep's listed every time I try to visit my recent threads. thanks again.

    ...Using Google Chrome
  • 01-30-2013
    Nels
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    The "Quick Navigation" dropdown is not primed with the current location, making it more cumbersome to go between the three forums I use most that are within one page of each other (Washington, Cannondale, and Ibis). It always defaults to the top of the list now.

    I agree with this...kind of a PITA to start at the top everytime.
  • 01-30-2013
    BCTJ
    Whenever I post a message, my user name overlaps the first part of my message. Can you fix that? Thanks.
  • 01-30-2013
    skiahh
    I guess I like the upgrade overall, but of course, nothing is without caveats, so here are mine:

    1. I use Firefox and the "Stay logged in" check box is missing, so I have to log in every time I come back.
    2. The "Quick Navigation" drop down used to come up on the forum you were reading, making it easy to just scroll down a couple to get to the next one. Now it starts at the top and you have to scroll all the way through the list. Inconvenient, but not fatal. Definitely a "1st world problem"!
    3. The arrow icon that shows threads you replied to is too small. Makes it hard to scan a forum and see the threads you're participating in at a glance. Can they be made bigger again?
  • 01-30-2013
    dirt farmer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    I guess I like the upgrade overall, but of course, nothing is without caveats, so here are mine:

    1. I use Firefox and the "Stay logged in" check box is missing, so I have to log in every time I come back.
    2. The "Quick Navigation" drop down used to come up on the forum you were reading, making it easy to just scroll down a couple to get to the next one. Now it starts at the top and you have to scroll all the way through the list. Inconvenient, but not fatal. Definitely a "1st world problem"!
    3. The arrow icon that shows threads you replied to is too small. Makes it hard to scan a forum and see the threads you're participating in at a glance. Can they be made bigger again?

    1) Gregg has posted that a fix is in the works for this. It's affecting Safari, too.
    2) Ditto
    3) I can see this being a hindrance for those with poor eyesight.
  • 01-30-2013
    net wurker
    I found a quick fix to the "stay logged in" issue....just enter your password wrong. A new box will pop up and this new box has the "stay logged in " option.
  • 01-30-2013
    net wurker
    Also, not a problem, but a suggestion. I posted this in OC, probably should of put it here. The main test link box at the top, the one directly to the right of the MTBR logo, I think the color looked OK with the old forum theme, but to me it looks wrong now. I would make it match the new color, like this: (just a suggestion)
  • 01-30-2013
    phlegm
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Did anyone here even bother watching the video on the top of the page??!!

    No, I did not. The fact that a video is needed suggests a UX problem.

    Thx for the reply to my question though - I finally found it as well.
  • 01-30-2013
    thecanoe
    Too much BLUE. I now have the biggest headache.
  • 01-30-2013
    tkrowe
    Gregg- Overall I am pleased with the changes. Sure there are a few bugs that need to be worked out, but that's to be expected.
  • 01-30-2013
    evasive
    I'm now staying logged in when I open a new browser instance (Chrome) and come back to the forum.
  • 01-30-2013
    007
    Anyone else having problems with the Back button? I'm using chrome and have to hit "back" several times before I actually go back to the previous page. Most of the time the current page reloads . . . only happens on MTBR . . . no other sites affected.
  • 01-30-2013
    RagerXS
    When we use Advanced Search, we are no longer able to specify only certain forums for the search. Will this return?

    Fred
  • 01-30-2013
    unterhausen
    I always worry that the automated rules will keep real people from posting. But without at least some help moderating is impossible. I came here to ask for "keep me logged in" but I see that's a known issue.

    I never saw the rep comments before today. Funny.
  • 01-30-2013
    jtnord
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MtbMacgyver View Post
    Is there a way to make the new forum software use the full width of the browser window? It's only using about half of my available screen space now which makes it difficult to use.

    Heres how to fix it:
    Settings > My account > General settings > Miscellaneous Options > Forum Skin > Wide