Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Pages load 50% of the time getting old quick! Am I missing something?

He be a moose too.
    I decided to sit back and see what I think of the new format before posting and once I found the wide button, yes, it became usable. I do have issues with it defaulting to narrow display. Sometimes I want to take a quick look and I don't login. Regardless of what size screen I have, even a 2560 pixel wide monitor, I get the narrow display. I think you should take a look at the monitor size before giving the person a narrow display. Yeah, mobile, whatever. It's not hard to detect screensize (and if you can't, fine, make it narrow), but looking at the narrow display on a desktop is not very nice.
    Looking for: Really nice set of black M730 cranks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

Still can't see pages this is getting old.
    I hate to lose this site but with no answer from the site and no fixes I think it is dying.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguwin View Post
    I decided to sit back and see what I think of the new format before posting and once I found the wide button, yes, it became usable. I do have issues with it defaulting to narrow display. Sometimes I want to take a quick look and I don't login. Regardless of what size screen I have, even a 2560 pixel wide monitor, I get the narrow display. I think you should take a look at the monitor size before giving the person a narrow display. Yeah, mobile, whatever. It's not hard to detect screensize (and if you can't, fine, make it narrow), but looking at the narrow display on a desktop is not very nice.
    Stay signed in and every time you open the site, it'll open the same way. What's the problem?
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

trail rat

Re: Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Stay signed in and every time you open the site, it'll open the same way. What's the problem?
    Some of us use shared computers, so staying signed in is not a good idea. Keeping track by user is better than cookies on the remote computer.

kindle fire / jb 4.2.1 / tapatalk hd
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

trail rat
    Still issues with fixed vs wide. I went wide and I see first pic when I open this link.
    The Salsa Fargo Thread - Page 118

Second pic is with fixed setting. This is on a 15 inch screen laptop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here-fireshot-screen-capture-016.jpg  

Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here-fireshot-screen-capture-017.jpg  

CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

banned
    Aug 2012
    Has admin ran a server load test, yet ?

It's beyond ridiculous

Every response I have made today, has caused a total stall out, as it relates to forum response

And deleting #XXXX from the web address, then reloading the page, is the only way to get a page to load.

Sorry to say it ... BUT THE FORUM UPGRADE SUCKS !!!!

And BTW,
    I had to code the colors, because that stuff isn't working right, either

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Works for crap with internet explorer 8

Yes I use Internet Explorer. Currently working with IE8. For the last 3 days, everytime I open the site, or go to a new page within the site, I get a pop-up that says "Internet Explorer has stopped working", and then it reloads the page. Usually I have to go through this 2-3 times before it will load the page. This is the only website that I have this problem with.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

Live 2 Ride
    Hate to beat a dead horse but site navigation still sucks. Quick navigation at the bottom of a thread should be a live link back to the parent forum, not a long list that has to be scrolled every time to get back. VERY ANNOYING and a big time waster.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Hate to beat a dead horse but site navigation still sucks. Quick navigation at the bottom of a thread should be a live link back to the parent forum, not a long list that has to be scrolled every time to get back. VERY ANNOYING and a big time waster.

I just tried it and have to say that you have nothing to complain about, its a very trivial matter to navigate on this new layout. KWITYOUR*****IN.

Live 2 Ride
    Trivial matter? Whatever. Try posting from OC then use the quick navigation. Really long list to scroll trough every time. And according to this thread I am not the only one who has this issue.

mtbr member

Re: Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

Still glitchy for me as well.

workin' it Administrator
    For those that haven't please try deleting all your cookies and then coming back. That worked wonders for me, the quick nav stays in place, the site works quickly etc. Just remember delete all cookies not just MTBR ones so be sure to have all your passwords backed up, written down, entered into Lastpass or whatever.

The site nav scroll thing is on the to-do list at MTBR admin headquarters.
    Try this: HTFU

mighty sailin' man
    Trivial matter? Whatever. Try posting from OC then use the quick navigation. Really long list to scroll trough every time. And according to this thread I am not the only one who has this issue.
    go to the top left of the page you are on

you'll see a link to the forum you are in

clickitandshutupalready
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

He be a moose too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Stay signed in...What's the problem?
    You know, sometimes it just doesn't work that way. Some of us close our browsers and cookies are cleared. Other times one is in a virtual machine that resets itself to a neutral state upon closing the VM. There are lots of reasons. No need for the emoticon that geneally denotes you are dealing with a stupid person.

I've done GUI development in both regular and web settings and one of the things we do is to check on the screen size of the user. It's not a new idea.
    Looking for: Really nice set of black M730 cranks

Live 2 Ride
    go to the top left of the page you are on

you'll see a link to the forum you are in

clickitandshutupalready
    That defeats the whole purpose of having quick navigation on the bottom of the page and besides is a PITA.

Warrior's Society
    Lose the pop up banner ad at the bottom of the window. I understand that right now the "Crisp" ad is only a test ad. However it has already popped up multiple times.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

Retired User
    The sheriff's badge for rep is dumb, bring back the 'thumbs up'. Otherwise V4 seems okay.

Live 2 Ride
    Lose the pop up banner ad at the bottom of the window. I understand that right now the "Crisp" ad is only a test ad. However it has already popped up multiple times.
    Firefox with Adblock and Element hider is the answer. I don't any ads anywhere and the forum stretches the entire screen because I have hidden parts of the site i don't wish to see.

Warrior's Society
    Firefox with Adblock and Element hider is the answer. I don't any ads anywhere and the forum stretches the entire screen because I have hidden parts of the site i don't wish to see.

On my iPhone. No Firefox. Don't want to use Taptalk.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    On my iPhone. No Firefox. Don't want to use Taptalk.
    Have you tried the icab mobile browser? It's available for both ipad and iphone. I've been using it (on ipad) for the last week or so. With filters enabled the icab mobile browsing experience on the MTBR forum is much nicer than when viewed in Safari.

icab mobile browser itunes link
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/icab...308111628?mt=8

Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

icab mobile browser (full screen mode)

Safari

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    For those that haven't please try deleting all your cookies and then coming back. That worked wonders for me, the quick nav stays in place, the site works quickly etc. Just remember delete all cookies not just MTBR ones so be sure to have all your passwords backed up, written down, entered into Lastpass or whatever.

The site nav scroll thing is on the to-do list at MTBR admin headquarters.
    Didn't change much ... Response time still sucks, when the place is getting spammed to death.

I feel for you, I really do.

jrm
    mtbr member

Replying to Thread vs. Post

So i go to reply to thread thinking im posting to the thread and end up replying to a week post from someone else? This is driving me ****ing nuts. Thanks Gregg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here-mtbr-screenshot.png  

Last edited by jrm; 02-14-2013 at 01:46 PM.

banned
    Aug 2012

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

Houston, We Have A Problem !

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Is there a way to make the "Go to First New Post" button larger? I pretty much only navigate threads by that icon.

Same for "Go to Last Post" while you're at it.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast