Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    beater
    This might have been mentioned already, but prior to the update, the 'quick navigation' window held your place. Now it always starts from the top. When I'm in the Knolly forum and want to drop a few lines to the Nicolai forum, now I have to scroll all the way down again.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    This might have been mentioned already, but prior to the update, the 'quick navigation' window held your place. Now it always starts from the top. When I'm in the Knolly forum and want to drop a few lines to the Nicolai forum, now I have to scroll all the way down again.
    I've already brought up "Quick Navigation". What bugs me that although it's called "Quick Navigation" if I want to go back to the sub-forum I'm already on, I have to scroll down to find it again. Before the change you could click on the forum name and go straight back.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

Warrior's Society
    What happened to the "Quick Reply" box that was at the bottom of each thread page? Yes, the extra click is excessive.

Also, the "Quick Navigation" bar, always defaults to the top. The old version would highlight the forum you were in. I tend to work my way down the list when I browse the forums, so when I get down around the "General" forum, I have to keep scrolling down.

I have also noticed that the "Quick Navigation" bar is not very smooth when it comes to using it on mobile devices. Old version was not a problem.

One more issue on the "Quick Navigation", the old version had a "Go" button to return to the forum you were on, it seems to be gone on the new version.

The ads on the side are too wide.....I notice that some of the user names are poorly dissected and wrapped. Makes no difference if in Wide or Fixed.

Yes, they are little complaints....but many little complaints add up to big issues.
    Last edited by mtnbikej; 02-02-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    What happened to the "Quick Reply" box that was at the bottom of each thread page? Yes, the extra click is excessive.

Also, the "Quick Navigation" bar, always defaults to the top. The old version would highlight the forum you were in. I tend to work my way down the list when I browse the forums, so when I get down around the "General" forum, I have to keep scrolling down.

I have also noticed that the "Quick Navigation" bar is not very smooth when it comes to using it on mobile devices. Old version was not a problem.

One more issue on the "Quick Navigation", the old version had a "Go" button to return to the forum you were on, it seems to be gone on the new version.

Yes, they are little complaints....but many little complaints add up to big issues.
    Clicking either "reply" or "reply with quote" automatically brings you to the "quick reply" box.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Clicking either "reply" or "reply with quote" automatically brings you to the "quick reply" box.
    I am aware of that......all the other forums I am a part of have it....and this one used too.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    To the mods working on this, thank you. Although many of us may disagree with the change, I still want you to know your work is appreciated.

It's slowly getting more user friendly. I personally still don't care for the layout and functionality of it, but I'm managing.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Ditto'ing what Joshh just said, and adding.................
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    At times ... I feel like I'm using dial-up, and connecting to a 486 based server.

Click a link 3 times to get a response.
    Pages not loading after making a post.
    Hitting the back button causing nothing to happen.

Being told daily that to many hits are being received by the server, so I should try again later ... Not a 503, just to busy to accept a request.

I'm giving it time ... But the forum is failing with multiple browsers.
    And yea ... WHY THE HECK IS THE PAGE EVEN WIDER NOW, than it was yesterday ... Oh, someone posted an image that didn't get downsized (I thought that was an upgrade ?) ... And we've got those advertisements on EVERY Page ... Well, almost !!!
    They seem to randomly appear and disappear.

Post #128 is dead on ... People will slowly leave if this doesn't get ironed out, and new users won't stay if the experience puts a damper on knowledge / social networking.

Well,
    Time to hit "Post Quick Reply" and then back out of the web address MANUALLY until it reads - Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here
    Because there's a 99% probability that the page will NEVER load, and the back button will not be recieved by the forum database as a request.

2 weeks ... Still waiting for the fix's !!!

ETA:
    YEP,
    Had to delete #post10133736 from the web address, and then hit enter to get the page to load.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    When I reply to a thread it automatically kicks me into the quick reply box. Thats not new news of course, but my issue is that I have no consistent control over my cursor if I need to edit or rephrase my comment. In some cases the cursor pops-up late like its delayed, and other times it never shows-up at all until you hit a key to type. If I insert my cursor in the text line most of the time it never shows up until I hit a key. Even if you reset the format to wide and can deal with the text colors this cursor issue is definitely user "unfriendly".

B.Ike
    I'm happy with the changes, works better on my old linux laptops. My only beef is my name shows up as elwoodturne, and then r on the next line. Anybody know how to change that? I'd take a name change to ElwoodT if there's not enough room. thanks.

I build my own.
    Anybody want to address the fact that the word b y (without the space) is considered swearing? It shows as ** all over the board.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I just noticed if you go in and hit edit for a post, you can't hit enter to go down to the next line.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    The lack of simple editing options like bold, italic, or the use of tags like [quote] or [img] is really starting to get tiring in the Quick Reply window at the end of threads. I don't have time to be clicking twice and waiting for a new page to load to use these features. Bring them back!!!

mtbr member
    SYSTEM MESSAGE

The servers are currently experiencing abnormally high loads -- please check back later

2013 Invenda Corp, Inc.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Or you could type the codes out, which would be quicker then clicking and waiting.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Anybody want to address the fact that the word b y (without the space) is considered swearing? It shows as ** all over the board.
    By.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    By.
    They seem to have been able to fix that.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

trail rat
    by by old ones don't update
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Please, please do everyone a favor and put the "Hot Deals", "Latest Mountain Bike Articles" etc. sections outside of the main wrapper or elsewhere up or down.

I read a couple other vb forums and coming to this one at 2/3 the width it's driving me nuts...... !

banned
    Aug 2012
    System Admin

Please check the server load !!!

I've been seeing this on a regular basis, since the upgrade (sic) ... And the last time I witnessed such an event, recurring daily, ... That forum's server had become outdated to the traffic flow being experienced, and needed to be upgraded.

And yes, the software upgrade is more server intensive ... Welcome to the World of upgrades.

B.Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by ElwoodT View Post
    I'm happy with the changes, works better on my old linux laptops. My only beef is my name shows up as elwoodturne, and then r on the next line. Anybody know how to change that? I'd take a name change to ElwoodT if there's not enough room. thanks.
    thanks

trail rat
    This fixed vs wide thing is a fustercluck. I refuse to run my browser full screen, but the fixed setting makes pictures look like circus funhouse mirrors of a tall fat lady. Wide meant that I need to scroll about 6 more inches on my 15 inch laptop screen, even when I go full screen with the browser. MTBR seem the only place this happens. I use plenty of other VB sites, I cannot comprehend why this is such a mess.

And about 90% of my subscribed threads notifications stopped working. I go back to subscribe and they show me subscribed. If I unsubscribe and resubscribe, notices still do not work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here-fireshot-screen-capture-014.jpg  

Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here-fireshot-screen-capture-015.jpg  

CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus View Post
    And about 90% of my subscribed threads notifications stopped working. I go back to subscribe and they show me subscribed. If I unsubscribe and resubscribe, notices still do not work.
    Yes, I too have not received a lot of notifications to subscribed threads.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Hey All,

We are still working on the server stability issue. This is priority number one right now. It's also why some of you got the SYSTEM MESSAGE earlier today.

We have several bugs still to clean up, like email notifications/subscriptions not being received. This is especially problematic for new users who never receive their activation emails (very common). It can also keep users who reset or forget their password from getting the new password emails. We have been working on this for days.

Other smaller things will be updated as soon as the more pressing issues are resolved. Things like color/font changes, having the dropdown nav start with the forum you are currently in, etc... We'll take a look at all of those soon.

Thanks for your patience during this transition.

-g

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    Or you could type the codes out, which would be quicker then clicking and waiting.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Hey All,
    SNIP
    Thanks Greg !!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast