Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbMacgyver View Post
    Is there a way to make the new forum software use the full width of the browser window? It's only using about half of my available screen space now which makes it difficult to use.
    Heres how to fix it:
    Settings > My account > General settings > Miscellaneous Options > Forum Skin > Wide
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

agu
    mtbr member
    how about changing the color scheme from blue/grey/white/black to something with more contrast, say...red/yellow/black/white? This will also match the MTBR logo's colors....

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    All searches using tapatalk come up as N/A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    The blue is a default color. It can be changed. Of course, getting everyone to agree on a soothing color is another question. We will look into tweaking the color settings later. We are still working on stability and functionality issues first.
    If I have to squint to read anything on here, I'd say it isn't functioning.

The blue's so default looking and like others have stated, hard to read.

mtbr member
    And btw, when I click My Profile or username to the left of that, my screen doesn't look like in the video you guys posted but this, all that stuff for me is at the bottom.

Also what about having format editing features in the Quick Reply area at the bottom of the threads instead of having to click Go Advanced.

Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    And btw, when I click My Profile or username to the left of that, my screen doesn't look like in the video you guys posted but this, all that stuff for me is at the bottom.

Also what about having format editing features in the Quick Reply area at the bottom of the threads instead of having to click Go Advanced.

I'm also having trouble with the "go advanced". It makes it obligatory to go advanced if you want to edit anything.

~Disc~Golf~
    Maybe it's been addressed, but I could care less about new posts (spanning a gagillion threads) - Where is the NEW THREAD button? <~~~ *EDIT: found it

Also, Fixed is stupid narrow, but 'wide' makes it too wide with a horiz scroll bar - LAME (1280 wide is my resolution @ home)
    Last edited by highdelll; 01-30-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    Maybe it's been addressed, but I could care less about new posts (spanning a gagillion threads) - Where is the NEW THREAD button?

Also, Fixed is stupid narrow, but 'wide' makes it too wide with a horiz scroll bar - LAME (1280 wide is my resolution @ home)
    Color me stupid, but I believe it's here.....

trail rat
    Can we get some more difficult colors to read for the old and color impaired?
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Agree, tried wide and it makes it so wide that you have to move the mouse left to right as well as up and down. The thing about updates..is sometimes it's change for change sake ...a bit like when ebay does it and rides roughshod over it's customers no matter how much they say they don't like it

I appreciate someone is trying to spend their time to fix it..but some times the best mantra is don't try and fix something that isn't broken....I'll leave leave posting a while till the bugs are sorted because it isn't fun to use at the momment

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The same change were made to roadbikereview a few weeks ago. Haven't been back since then. Very sad to see this one go the same way...

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Color me stupid, but I believe it's here.....

ok, you're colored stupid
    the 'new posts' button was top-center over all the threads
    in your pic, the 'new posts' is the furthest left in the black banner

~Disc~Golf~
    Oh, and about bugs?
    Post them here yeah?

Here's one, it should be a simple styling issue, but 'headline' is not bounded - dunno if it has to do with no breaks or not - that's developer work, I'm just an adwords guy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here-headline-overflow.jpg  

mtbr member

Give old design back!

What is going on?
    Now i cannon just see pictures of the bikes, because they are too small. On my 23" monitor forum looks really small and not easy to use.
    Make at least choise for users, how wide forum should be.
    Anyway, thank you for making it centered, not left aligned like youtube or google plus.
    I'm from Ukraine, Kiev
    I'm graphics and web designer
    Follow me on Behance

Undercaffienated

Re: Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker View Post
    All searches using tapatalk come up as N/A
    Tapatalk search is working fine for me.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    One day into the new forum with hopefully less spam, and what do you know, SPAM already! The "Your other hobbies" thread in the passion sub-forum has been spammed already. I thought the upgrade was supposed to stop this?
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

Live 2 Ride
    I'm basically happy with the changes. It shouldn't take too long to get used to. I have one comment though. I would like to see a change made to the "Quick Navigation" button. On the old forum if I wanted to go back to the sub-forum I'm on, I would press the name. In this case "Site Feedback/Issues" and would go directly to the sub-forum. Now when I click the button I get the full list of forums, I have to find the forum I'm on and click on it again. Previously the arrow would bring up the menu and the name would go back to the sub-forum.
    EXACTLY my issue. Navigation has become a huge PITA.
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    I found a quick fix to the "stay logged in" issue....just enter your password wrong. A new box will pop up and this new box has the "stay logged in " option.
    there he goes again
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

mtbr member
    In general, I am okay with the new, it does seem faster to me. One niggle, the forum jump used to know what forum you're in say, Drivetrain, to go to the next you may look say Families with Kids was a small click. The new version always starts back at the top, so when you get down to looking at Shimano, it's a decent scroll each time. Again, minor, but worked better before unless there is a setting. I'll take the speed improvement though.

mtbr member
    Forum performance is now very poor, the frames seem to load a different rates

The wide setting is fine for the main page but in here everything is scrolled off to the right

Trying to reply to this thread via the "reply to thread" button takes me into the quick reply box

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    One day into the new forum with hopefully less spam, and what do you know, SPAM already! The "Your other hobbies" thread in the passion sub-forum has been spammed already. I thought the upgrade was supposed to stop this?
    how is the forum software going to stop spam entirely? That's unrealistic. The spammers know what they have to do to get around automated spam stopping systems, but the volume of spam goes way down if they are good. Last summer during a spam storm I was deleting spam posts and banning spammers as they were being posted and getting behind as more spammers showed up. And a moderator can only delete 50 posts so if they are quick it's really easy to get behind. That's what happens if there are no software aids. A couple of spams a day are no problem, just report them.

trail rat
    "Placeholder" issue still present as well.
    MTBR "You last visited" errors
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Code Monkey Administrator
    Pixelated thumbs are being addressed. There was a bug in the upgrade script where the quality variable was set to null.
    "Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia" - H.G. Wells.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by d.n.s View Post
    What is going on?
    Now i cannon just see pictures of the bikes, because they are too small. On my 23" monitor forum looks really small and not easy to use.
    Make at least choise for users, how wide forum should be.
    Anyway, thank you for making it centered, not left aligned like youtube or google plus.
    There is a choice in making the screen wider, it has been covered here many, many times.

And just click on the smaller photos, and they will become much larger.

ronbo613

Images In Posts

[image] tags no longer work?
    What's the deal with the [attach config] protocol? I can upload images to some attachment gallery(where all my other images have question marks so I assume they are lost in the format switch shuffle), but can't get the images into the post, only the image nae with the [attach config] tags.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast