Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Searches seem to be ordered wrong. I pick order by last post date, descending to get the most recent results, and they're all threads from 2004, 2005, 2006, etc.
    Search posts have to all get re-indexed and due to the large number of posts on our site, this will take some time. But search results should be getting better soon.

Unfortunately, it's started with oldest first.
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Hmmm, seems like they've targeted you're top 3 interests flawlessly (and in order of priority too).

On a serious note, has anyone been able to locate the "rep" area, i.e. where users leave brief messages when they add (or decrease) rep? I just can't seem to find it.
    You do have to wonder.

In the new layout there's a small black star at the bottom left of the post. Tap on that and it brings up the rep bar. This picture is on a desktop PC.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    In the new layout there's a small black star at the bottom left of the post. Tap on that and it brings up the rep bar. This picture is on a desktop PC.
    ]
    Thanks WR304, but not quite what I was asking about. In the old forum there was an area within one's profile where you could look at all the rep awareded to you from others, and the comments they left. (Recently, usernames were added to this to eliminate the anonymous neg rep problem.)

I can't seem to locate this in the new forum.

Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Pixelated images are being fixed but this will take time. The old photos are being reprocessed and resized at the moment. New photos are done right now so they'll be fine. It will take about a week to crunch through the million photos but we are starting with the most recent ones first and going back from there.
    Thanks!!

Afric Pepperbird
    I was surfing here just fine a few hours ago, then went on a bike ride. When I came back, I had to log in again!! When I log in, I do not see a check box that says "remember me?". How can I make MTBR "remember me"?

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I was surfing here just fine a few hours ago, then went on a bike ride. When I came back, I had to log in again!! When I log in, I do not see a check box that says "remember me?". How can I make MTBR "remember me"?
    We are checking into this one. Be sure you have cookies enabled and some users behind firewalls have reported this issue to. Not sure if that applies to you or not.
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    We are checking into this one. Be sure you have cookies enabled and some users behind firewalls have reported this issue to. Not sure if that applies to you or not.
    No, no firewall. And cookies always available. I'll wait patiently for a fix. Thanks

mtbr member
    Thanks WR304, but not quite what I was asking about. In the old forum there was an area within one's profile where you could look at all the rep awareded to you from others, and the comments they left. (Recently, usernames were added to this to eliminate the anonymous neg rep problem.)

Found it - you have to click on "Settings" once you've logged in. This targets "http://forums.mtbr.com/usercp.php"
    Last edited by phlegm; 01-30-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Afric Pepperbird

Did anyone here even bother watching the video on the top of the page??!!

To view rep received (and rep you've given), click on "settings" in the upper right.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Did not go through all the posts...but understand that the question of 'rep' is still up in the air as to continuing it.

My experience is to say...Kill the damn thing. It serves no usefull purpose. It is nothing more than a play thing, none of it of any redeaming value.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So for those of you looking for the "My Accounts", it is now "Settings" in the upper right corner where the login is. Shows you subscribed threads with new posts and your rep.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

EDR

2 big problems

Maybe it's been covered, idk.

1) sometimes when I log in my password is not hidden, the actual letter I type are shown and in this case I get login in errors saying my username or password is incorrect.

2) I cannot stay logged in once I leave the site. This is a HUGE thorn in my side, we mtbr'rs like to come back all through the day.

Thanks for reading..

also why is my username and line under it cut off? I am in wide mode.

One more thing. Can we ditch the long page of rep that is listed when I go to my settings page? Most of us don't care about the rep system and personally I care even less to see all the rep's listed every time I try to visit my recent threads. thanks again.

...Using Google Chrome
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 01-30-2013 at 05:56 PM.

beer is good
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    The "Quick Navigation" dropdown is not primed with the current location, making it more cumbersome to go between the three forums I use most that are within one page of each other (Washington, Cannondale, and Ibis). It always defaults to the top of the list now.
    I agree with this...kind of a PITA to start at the top everytime.
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Whenever I post a message, my user name overlaps the first part of my message. Can you fix that? Thanks.

mtbr member
    I guess I like the upgrade overall, but of course, nothing is without caveats, so here are mine:

1. I use Firefox and the "Stay logged in" check box is missing, so I have to log in every time I come back.
    2. The "Quick Navigation" drop down used to come up on the forum you were reading, making it easy to just scroll down a couple to get to the next one. Now it starts at the top and you have to scroll all the way through the list. Inconvenient, but not fatal. Definitely a "1st world problem"!
    3. The arrow icon that shows threads you replied to is too small. Makes it hard to scan a forum and see the threads you're participating in at a glance. Can they be made bigger again?
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    I guess I like the upgrade overall, but of course, nothing is without caveats, so here are mine:

1. I use Firefox and the "Stay logged in" check box is missing, so I have to log in every time I come back.
    2. The "Quick Navigation" drop down used to come up on the forum you were reading, making it easy to just scroll down a couple to get to the next one. Now it starts at the top and you have to scroll all the way through the list. Inconvenient, but not fatal. Definitely a "1st world problem"!
    3. The arrow icon that shows threads you replied to is too small. Makes it hard to scan a forum and see the threads you're participating in at a glance. Can they be made bigger again?
    1) Gregg has posted that a fix is in the works for this. It's affecting Safari, too.
    2) Ditto
    3) I can see this being a hindrance for those with poor eyesight.

re member
    I found a quick fix to the "stay logged in" issue....just enter your password wrong. A new box will pop up and this new box has the "stay logged in " option.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

re member
    Also, not a problem, but a suggestion. I posted this in OC, probably should of put it here. The main test link box at the top, the one directly to the right of the MTBR logo, I think the color looked OK with the old forum theme, but to me it looks wrong now. I would make it match the new color, like this: (just a suggestion)
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Did anyone here even bother watching the video on the top of the page??!!
    No, I did not. The fact that a video is needed suggests a UX problem.

Thx for the reply to my question though - I finally found it as well.

mtbr member
    Too much BLUE. I now have the biggest headache.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

Go faster!
    Gregg- Overall I am pleased with the changes. Sure there are a few bugs that need to be worked out, but that's to be expected.

beater
    I'm now staying logged in when I open a new browser instance (Chrome) and come back to the forum.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

b a n n e d
    Anyone else having problems with the Back button? I'm using chrome and have to hit "back" several times before I actually go back to the previous page. Most of the time the current page reloads . . . only happens on MTBR . . . no other sites affected.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    When we use Advanced Search, we are no longer able to specify only certain forums for the search. Will this return?

Fred

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    I always worry that the automated rules will keep real people from posting. But without at least some help moderating is impossible. I came here to ask for "keep me logged in" but I see that's a known issue.

I never saw the rep comments before today. Funny.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast