Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    Just got this, navigating between pages:

I cannot connect to the database.
    I got this too. We had to restart our classifieds server. Should be better now. May possibly happen again.
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Proudly: A Mexican Rider

weird pixelated thumbnails

As several other members in the forum, I also seem to have pixelated thumbnails.

Chamois Dropper
    I can't seem to find the "My Account" tab that showed new thread replies to threads I have posted in / recent rep. Is this feature gone?
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

Cannot connect to server

Ohhh...and I also could not connect to server a while ago.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The "Quick Navigation" dropdown is not primed with the current location, making it more cumbersome to go between the three forums I use most that are within one page of each other (Washington, Cannondale, and Ibis). It always defaults to the top of the list now.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    For those of you like me, that go straight for "My Account" to see new subscribed threads, I have only found one solution so far. Across the top there is a "Quick links" with a drop down arrow. Click on that and one of the option sis subscribed threads. It will show you ALL threads you are subscribed to, with the most recent on top. You can tell if it has new posts because it will have the arrow next to the thread title that takes you to new posts in the thread. Not as convenient, but it gets the job done....

As for everyone complaining about pixelated pictures, the site admin Gregg has already responded to that 2 or 3 times. I think we can stop beating that dead horse...
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

powered by peanut butter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulerias View Post
    Blue on white is hard to see; hope you didn't pay somebody for that brainfart. This is an example of where 'continuous improvement' hits the wall of 'if it aint broke'. What a disaster.

Let me get this. We're supposed to see blue on white as highlighted? Epic fail; but it isn't just MTBR. Lots of dysfunctional websites and labelling going on at the moment. Maybe 'Readable' will be the Next Big Thing. Who could have known?

Ya just spoiled my morning coffee...
    Agreed 100%--aesthetically, this version is hard to look at. It also looks bad with the yellow/brown logo up top. Is there a way to modify the color scheme?
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    First of all, I love mtbr.com and I thank all staff and admins for their hard work.

You're doing a great job.

I have to say that I really dislike the new look though. It's cluttered with stuff, colors and buttons. It looks really loud and and the ad banners on the right side now take up almost a third of my iPad display.

The old version looked a lot cleaner. Any chance that there'll be an option for a classic theme?
    Otherwise ai might have to change to tapatalk or something

Greetings Znarf

Sorry again for complaining, I generally really appreciate the effort!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I don't like the new layout at all. Please, give us back the full width format. Reading is awful in this new version! I appreciate all the rest (of improvements), though.

mtbr member
    The new layout just looks like the forum has been squashed up and made smaller just so you can fit more adverts in on the sides. A dog turd of an upgrade

mtbr member

Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

I wanted to give you some feedback on how the updated MTBR site appears when viewed in the ipad's Safari web browser. The picture below is the updated MTBR forum alongside a screenshot of the previous MTBR forum design.

On an ipad there are two main issues with the new site design currently. The main one is that the right hand bar which contains news items and adverts has been made much larger than before, taking up most of the screen. The Wide and Fixed forum settings make no difference to this.

You also have the giant adverts covering half the content on the side bar. All I seem to get as targeted ads on MTBR is Russian dating sites, US Green Card immigration ads and Twix chocolate ads, never anything cycling related...See the pictures above for examples.

The other major issue is that the forum text size has increased significantly, so that less text appears on screen at once. For an ipad with its small screen it means increased scrolling to be able to read anything, whereas before you had plenty of text on screen to read in one go (small text can easily be zoomed in on to make it legible).

Given the choice between viewing MTBR in the ipad's Safari web browser or an app like Tapatalk I'd much rather use a web browser if possible.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by heartland View Post
    Agreed 100%--aesthetically, this version is hard to look at. It also looks bad with the yellow/brown logo up top. Is there a way to modify the color scheme?
    Not to rain on the MTBR New Forum party, but I've normally backed out from forums with this "look."

A few hours ago, while spending time on this forum, I began feeling dizzy. I'm serious. It might be that I don't like change.

I think we just have to get used to it and we'll like it just as, or more than,the previous look!

mtbr member
    White people problems

mtbr member
    Possible to bring back the old color scheme? Way too much blue everywhere now.

Also previously when viewing a thread, at the bottom there was a text area for quick reply posting, now you have to click "Reply to thread" at the bottom to view the same text area?

And in this text area are now missing the options of bolding, italicizing, quotes, url, img, etc. To view that in the text area now you have to click "Go Advanced".
    Last edited by eurospek; 01-30-2013 at 01:51 PM.

two wheel whore
    Clicked on an attached image, and got this:

01-30-2013 12:01 PM NTM.jpg

No picture, just the date.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Searches seem to be ordered wrong. I pick order by last post date, descending to get the most recent results, and they're all threads from 2004, 2005, 2006, etc.

rider
    Jan 2005
    Do not like all the blue. Blue, being a very short wavelength, scatters within the eye and causes visual problems.

Why does this new version have to show up on Firefox with a bunch of wasted space on each side of the active area?

Gregg, I really feel for you, having to put lipstick on this pig...
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    You also have the giant adverts covering half the content on the side bar. All I seem to get as targeted ads on MTBR is Russian dating sites, US Green Card immigration ads and Twix chocolate ads.
    Hmmm, seems like they've targeted you're top 3 interests flawlessly (and in order of priority too).

On a serious note, has anyone been able to locate the "rep" area, i.e. where users leave brief messages when they add (or decrease) rep? I just can't seem to find it.

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Is there a way to change the color scheme from the user side? Not a big fan of powder blue on white
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Thanks for having this great site.

Oh boy, it's an upgrade... not.

The light blue on white background is painful to view.

The fixed width is another problem. As if someone with an 7" tablet said this is who the world views our forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    better spam fighting tools is one of the key reasons for the upgrades!

hmmm, as of 5 hours ago the spam was still happening

Where'd you get your name from? - Post 244

Good news is the other key reasons are working

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Unable log in on desktop pc running XP and firefox 18. Gives error "Wrong username or password.". Tried two different machines, fails on both. Works OK on iphone5.

Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
    As several other members in the forum, I also seem to have pixelated thumbnails.
    Pixelated images are being fixed but this will take time. The old photos are being reprocessed and resized at the moment. New photos are done right now so they'll be fine. It will take about a week to crunch through the million photos but we are starting with the most recent ones first and going back from there.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Better get used to if fellows, roadbiker did the same thing there as they just did here, sorta like dajavu all over again. All the complaints erroers, changes, colors, etc. I use Safari and it doesn't seem to take on to that to friendly for certain things. I guess they call this progress. I am old school if it ain't broke don't fix it! as they said over there if someone wants to spam us they can sign up and do just like with the old format. Have fun getting used to it guys/girls!

Quote Originally Posted by 29erchico View Post
    Do not like all the blue. Blue, being a very short wavelength, scatters within the eye and causes visual problems.

Why does this new version have to show up on Firefox with a bunch of wasted space on each side of the active area?

Gregg, I really feel for you, having to put lipstick on this pig...
    The blue is a default color. It can be changed. Of course, getting everyone to agree on a soothing color is another question. We will look into tweaking the color settings later. We are still working on stability and functionality issues first.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast