Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Blue on white is hard to see; hope you didn't pay somebody for that brainfart. This is an example of where 'continuous improvement' hits the wall of 'if it aint broke'. What a disaster.

Let me get this. We're supposed to see blue on white as highlighted? Epic fail; but it isn't just MTBR. Lots of dysfunctional websites and labelling going on at the moment. Maybe 'Readable' will be the Next Big Thing. Who could have known?

Ya just spoiled my morning coffee...

two wheel whore
    Just got this, navigating between pages:

I cannot connect to the database.

beater

Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Participated threads do not show up in tapatalk.
    Similarly, my current participated threads aren't showing in Tapatalk. I do have a long list of threads showing up there, but they're all years old: e.g. last post dates to 2006.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Riding and lovin it.
    Viewing the forum on my ipad and all pictures that are attached are blurry and pixels.

ups and downs
    I notice that when I go from the general forum to my gallery I get logged out every time and have to log in again. The lack of a "Keep me logged in" setting is a nuisance.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    I was never a fan of vBulletin 4. That was when vB went to crap. vB 5 isn't even looking like it's going to save the software. vB 3 is legendary in the forum world and even to this day there's no reason to part with it in my opinion. But it's too late for that now, so with that being said, I was unable to use the quick reply box on my iPhone to make this post. Maybe it's something that could be looked into.
    You can find me in the woods -- playing in the dirt and mud -- on my 2013 Trek Mamba -- or in my 1984 Chevrolet K10.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Images appear as an almost unrecognizable thumbnail in the latest Chrome browser. When clicked on the images appear OK, but why would you click on a thumbnail that looked like this?

Like this thumbnail that I saved out of one of my posts,,,
    I have the same issue on chrome. Of Note I don't get this on the Sister site RoadbikeReview
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mighty sailin' man
    I notice that when I go from the general forum to my gallery I get logged out every time and have to log in again. The lack of a "Keep me logged in" setting is a nuisance.
    just came here looking for a solution to this. Not like. Otherwise I'm getting along fine

can't be a good day for site admins and such. Feel bad for the day y'all are having...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

middle ring single track
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop the Seat View Post
    Hi, my main concern for you is that the site defaults to fixed width. I think this is a big mistake.

Today's browsers (mobile and non-mobile) do an excellent job of conforming sites to available screen size. I suggest you default your site to either a wider fixed width, or 'wide' as the default setting.

New visitors will not figure out how to change from fixed to wide. I'm guessing the fixed width will be a turn-off to many new visitors.

If you could make your site 'fully responsive', that would be pretty cool.
    This ^^^
    The views and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not represent any policy of the CA Dept. of Parks & Rec.

mtbr member
    Pretty good transition thus far. Took a little while to discover the "fixed" width and change to "wide."
    Attachments work fine, uploading files works fine. Able to find the subscribed threads tab so all is well.
    It takes a little while to adjust to a new look and new locations for tabs and such, but it's fun seeing which people accept change well and which ones don't. Always good entertainment.
    Here's a bike!
    Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here-002.jpg

middle ring single track

Welcome to the Upgraded Mtbr Forums - How To Video!

Did anybody else think "Welcome to the Upgraded Mtbr Forums - How To Video!" was about how to use a GoPro?

I did...

Made several unnecessary posts in NorCal before I found this thread...

If it had read "Welcome to the Upgraded Mtbr Forums - How To's (and video)" I might have gone there first.

Minor snivel...
    The views and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not represent any policy of the CA Dept. of Parks & Rec.

mtbr member
    I'm basically happy with the changes. It shouldn't take too long to get used to. I have one comment though. I would like to see a change made to the "Quick Navigation" button. On the old forum if I wanted to go back to the sub-forum I'm on, I would press the name. In this case "Site Feedback/Issues" and would go directly to the sub-forum. Now when I click the button I get the full list of forums, I have to find the forum I'm on and click on it again. Previously the arrow would bring up the menu and the name would go back to the sub-forum.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    just came here looking for a solution to this. Not like. Otherwise I'm getting along fine

can't be a good day for site admins and such. Feel bad for the day y'all are having...
    I'm having the same issue with Chrome. I haven't closed the browser, just navigated away. On return, I'm logged out again.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

Give it a crank
    A lot more screen space would be available for posts & ads if there were an option to turn of displaying all the user options on the left.

Afric Pepperbird
    Images appear as an almost unrecognizable thumbnail in the latest Chrome browser. When clicked on the images appear OK, but why would you click on a thumbnail that looked like this?

Like this thumbnail that I saved out of one of my posts,,,
    For those of you remarking on the pixelated photos, it takes time to run through the whole forum to correct millions of photos.

See Francois's explanation here.

I need skills
    Jul 2004
    "reply to thread"
    I don't like that the first option is the "quick reply". If I click "reply to thread" twice I get the option to include a subject line, and a message area.

From a user standpoint, I am not seeing the advantages so far. The "quick relply," pixalated photos are a turn-off. As is the narrow view.

Long time users may mess around with the setting, but people new the site may not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson View Post
    "reply to thread"
    I don't like that the first option is the "quick reply". If I click "reply to thread" twice I get the option to include a subject line, and a message area.

From a user standpoint, I am not seeing the advantages so far. The "quick relply," pixalated photos are a turn-off. As is the narrow view.

Long time users may mess around with the setting, but people new the site may not.
    Speaking of the quick reply box, it's not very user friendly to not have the BBCode buttons there anymore (links, images, bold, colors, sizes, smilies, etc.). I'm not sure if that is intended or if it is just another setback that comes with vB 4.
    You can find me in the woods -- playing in the dirt and mud -- on my 2013 Trek Mamba -- or in my 1984 Chevrolet K10.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    May I suggest installing Stopforumspam on vbbuilitin.org? It will cross check every new IP/Email through Stopforumspam's data base and deny access to those who are confirmed spammers.

vbStopForumSpam - vBulletin.org Forum

mtbr member
    I definitely prefer the old version. Don't see this as an improvement.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    hopefully the chicklet wars will remain ! lol
    That's already gone now that you can see who's giving the neg rep. Ironically all the chicken shits that gave me unsigned Neg rep were very high rep people on here
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This! Need a keep me logged in.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Pixelated images are being fixed but this will take time. The old photos are being reprocessed and resized at the moment. New photos are done right now so they'll be fine. It will take about a week to crunch through the million photos but we are starting with the most recent ones first and going back from there.

You can change your personal settings to WYSIWYG editor and that will give you all the features (code, smilies, etc...)
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

RE: Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

Open a link to a new tab forces me to log in again.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    You can change your personal settings to WYSIWYG editor and that will give you all the features (code, smilies, etc...)
    Safari doesn't support WYSIWYG so the quick reply box has nothing there (in Safari). I'm using my girlfriend's MacBook though. On my own PC I use Chrome, which I know does support WYSIWYG, so I guess it's not that big of a deal for me (but might be for Safari-only users).

(Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    This! Need a keep me logged in.
    We are working on this one.
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast