Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Proudly: A Mexican Rider

weird pixelated thumbnails

As several other members in the forum, I also seem to have pixelated thumbnails.

Chamois Dropper
    I can't seem to find the "My Account" tab that showed new thread replies to threads I have posted in / recent rep. Is this feature gone?
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

Cannot connect to server

Ohhh...and I also could not connect to server a while ago.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The "Quick Navigation" dropdown is not primed with the current location, making it more cumbersome to go between the three forums I use most that are within one page of each other (Washington, Cannondale, and Ibis). It always defaults to the top of the list now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    For those of you like me, that go straight for "My Account" to see new subscribed threads, I have only found one solution so far. Across the top there is a "Quick links" with a drop down arrow. Click on that and one of the option sis subscribed threads. It will show you ALL threads you are subscribed to, with the most recent on top. You can tell if it has new posts because it will have the arrow next to the thread title that takes you to new posts in the thread. Not as convenient, but it gets the job done....

As for everyone complaining about pixelated pictures, the site admin Gregg has already responded to that 2 or 3 times. I think we can stop beating that dead horse...
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

powered by peanut butter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulerias View Post
    Blue on white is hard to see; hope you didn't pay somebody for that brainfart. This is an example of where 'continuous improvement' hits the wall of 'if it aint broke'. What a disaster.

Let me get this. We're supposed to see blue on white as highlighted? Epic fail; but it isn't just MTBR. Lots of dysfunctional websites and labelling going on at the moment. Maybe 'Readable' will be the Next Big Thing. Who could have known?

Ya just spoiled my morning coffee...
    Agreed 100%--aesthetically, this version is hard to look at. It also looks bad with the yellow/brown logo up top. Is there a way to modify the color scheme?
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits

mtbr member
    First of all, I love mtbr.com and I thank all staff and admins for their hard work.

You're doing a great job.

I have to say that I really dislike the new look though. It's cluttered with stuff, colors and buttons. It looks really loud and and the ad banners on the right side now take up almost a third of my iPad display.

The old version looked a lot cleaner. Any chance that there'll be an option for a classic theme?
    Otherwise ai might have to change to tapatalk or something

Greetings Znarf

Sorry again for complaining, I generally really appreciate the effort!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I don't like the new layout at all. Please, give us back the full width format. Reading is awful in this new version! I appreciate all the rest (of improvements), though.

mtbr member
    The new layout just looks like the forum has been squashed up and made smaller just so you can fit more adverts in on the sides. A dog turd of an upgrade

mtbr member

Forum Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.0 - problems, concerns post here

I wanted to give you some feedback on how the updated MTBR site appears when viewed in the ipad's Safari web browser. The picture below is the updated MTBR forum alongside a screenshot of the previous MTBR forum design.

On an ipad there are two main issues with the new site design currently. The main one is that the right hand bar which contains news items and adverts has been made much larger than before, taking up most of the screen. The Wide and Fixed forum settings make no difference to this.

You also have the giant adverts covering half the content on the side bar. All I seem to get as targeted ads on MTBR is Russian dating sites, US Green Card immigration ads and Twix chocolate ads, never anything cycling related...See the pictures above for examples.

The other major issue is that the forum text size has increased significantly, so that less text appears on screen at once. For an ipad with its small screen it means increased scrolling to be able to read anything, whereas before you had plenty of text on screen to read in one go (small text can easily be zoomed in on to make it legible).

Given the choice between viewing MTBR in the ipad's Safari web browser or an app like Tapatalk I'd much rather use a web browser if possible.

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by heartland View Post
    Agreed 100%--aesthetically, this version is hard to look at. It also looks bad with the yellow/brown logo up top. Is there a way to modify the color scheme?
    Not to rain on the MTBR New Forum party, but I've normally backed out from forums with this "look."

A few hours ago, while spending time on this forum, I began feeling dizzy. I'm serious. It might be that I don't like change.

I think we just have to get used to it and we'll like it just as, or more than,the previous look!

mtbr member
    White people problems

mtbr member
    Possible to bring back the old color scheme? Way too much blue everywhere now.

Also previously when viewing a thread, at the bottom there was a text area for quick reply posting, now you have to click "Reply to thread" at the bottom to view the same text area?

And in this text area are now missing the options of bolding, italicizing, quotes, url, img, etc. To view that in the text area now you have to click "Go Advanced".
    Last edited by eurospek; 01-30-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    konahonzo

two wheel whore
    Clicked on an attached image, and got this:

01-30-2013 12:01 PM NTM.jpg

No picture, just the date.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Searches seem to be ordered wrong. I pick order by last post date, descending to get the most recent results, and they're all threads from 2004, 2005, 2006, etc.

rider
    Jan 2005
    Do not like all the blue. Blue, being a very short wavelength, scatters within the eye and causes visual problems.

Why does this new version have to show up on Firefox with a bunch of wasted space on each side of the active area?

Gregg, I really feel for you, having to put lipstick on this pig...
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    You also have the giant adverts covering half the content on the side bar. All I seem to get as targeted ads on MTBR is Russian dating sites, US Green Card immigration ads and Twix chocolate ads.
    Hmmm, seems like they've targeted you're top 3 interests flawlessly (and in order of priority too).

On a serious note, has anyone been able to locate the "rep" area, i.e. where users leave brief messages when they add (or decrease) rep? I just can't seem to find it.

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Is there a way to change the color scheme from the user side? Not a big fan of powder blue on white
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Thanks for having this great site.

Oh boy, it's an upgrade... not.

The light blue on white background is painful to view.

The fixed width is another problem. As if someone with an 7" tablet said this is who the world views our forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    better spam fighting tools is one of the key reasons for the upgrades!

hmmm, as of 5 hours ago the spam was still happening

Where'd you get your name from? - Post 244

Good news is the other key reasons are working

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Unable log in on desktop pc running XP and firefox 18. Gives error "Wrong username or password.". Tried two different machines, fails on both. Works OK on iphone5.

Administrator Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
    As several other members in the forum, I also seem to have pixelated thumbnails.
    Pixelated images are being fixed but this will take time. The old photos are being reprocessed and resized at the moment. New photos are done right now so they'll be fine. It will take about a week to crunch through the million photos but we are starting with the most recent ones first and going back from there.
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Better get used to if fellows, roadbiker did the same thing there as they just did here, sorta like dajavu all over again. All the complaints erroers, changes, colors, etc. I use Safari and it doesn't seem to take on to that to friendly for certain things. I guess they call this progress. I am old school if it ain't broke don't fix it! as they said over there if someone wants to spam us they can sign up and do just like with the old format. Have fun getting used to it guys/girls!

Quote Originally Posted by 29erchico View Post
    Do not like all the blue. Blue, being a very short wavelength, scatters within the eye and causes visual problems.

Why does this new version have to show up on Firefox with a bunch of wasted space on each side of the active area?

Gregg, I really feel for you, having to put lipstick on this pig...
    The blue is a default color. It can be changed. Of course, getting everyone to agree on a soothing color is another question. We will look into tweaking the color settings later. We are still working on stability and functionality issues first.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Searches seem to be ordered wrong. I pick order by last post date, descending to get the most recent results, and they're all threads from 2004, 2005, 2006, etc.
    Search posts have to all get re-indexed and due to the large number of posts on our site, this will take some time. But search results should be getting better soon.

Unfortunately, it's started with oldest first.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Hmmm, seems like they've targeted you're top 3 interests flawlessly (and in order of priority too).

On a serious note, has anyone been able to locate the "rep" area, i.e. where users leave brief messages when they add (or decrease) rep? I just can't seem to find it.
    You do have to wonder.

In the new layout there's a small black star at the bottom left of the post. Tap on that and it brings up the rep bar. This picture is on a desktop PC.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    In the new layout there's a small black star at the bottom left of the post. Tap on that and it brings up the rep bar. This picture is on a desktop PC.
    ]
    Thanks WR304, but not quite what I was asking about. In the old forum there was an area within one's profile where you could look at all the rep awareded to you from others, and the comments they left. (Recently, usernames were added to this to eliminate the anonymous neg rep problem.)

I can't seem to locate this in the new forum.

Pixelated images are being fixed but this will take time. The old photos are being reprocessed and resized at the moment. New photos are done right now so they'll be fine. It will take about a week to crunch through the million photos but we are starting with the most recent ones first and going back from there.
    Thanks!!

Afric Pepperbird
    I was surfing here just fine a few hours ago, then went on a bike ride. When I came back, I had to log in again!! When I log in, I do not see a check box that says "remember me?". How can I make MTBR "remember me"?

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I was surfing here just fine a few hours ago, then went on a bike ride. When I came back, I had to log in again!! When I log in, I do not see a check box that says "remember me?". How can I make MTBR "remember me"?
    We are checking into this one. Be sure you have cookies enabled and some users behind firewalls have reported this issue to. Not sure if that applies to you or not.

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Afric Pepperbird
    We are checking into this one. Be sure you have cookies enabled and some users behind firewalls have reported this issue to. Not sure if that applies to you or not.
    No, no firewall. And cookies always available. I'll wait patiently for a fix. Thanks

mtbr member
    Thanks WR304, but not quite what I was asking about. In the old forum there was an area within one's profile where you could look at all the rep awareded to you from others, and the comments they left. (Recently, usernames were added to this to eliminate the anonymous neg rep problem.)

Found it - you have to click on "Settings" once you've logged in. This targets "http://forums.mtbr.com/usercp.php"
    Last edited by phlegm; 01-30-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Afric Pepperbird

Did anyone here even bother watching the video on the top of the page??!!

To view rep received (and rep you've given), click on "settings" in the upper right.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Did not go through all the posts...but understand that the question of 'rep' is still up in the air as to continuing it.

My experience is to say...Kill the damn thing. It serves no usefull purpose. It is nothing more than a play thing, none of it of any redeaming value.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So for those of you looking for the "My Accounts", it is now "Settings" in the upper right corner where the login is. Shows you subscribed threads with new posts and your rep.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

EDR

2 big problems

Maybe it's been covered, idk.

1) sometimes when I log in my password is not hidden, the actual letter I type are shown and in this case I get login in errors saying my username or password is incorrect.

2) I cannot stay logged in once I leave the site. This is a HUGE thorn in my side, we mtbr'rs like to come back all through the day.

Thanks for reading..

also why is my username and line under it cut off? I am in wide mode.

One more thing. Can we ditch the long page of rep that is listed when I go to my settings page? Most of us don't care about the rep system and personally I care even less to see all the rep's listed every time I try to visit my recent threads. thanks again.

...Using Google Chrome
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 01-30-2013 at 05:56 PM.

beer is good
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    The "Quick Navigation" dropdown is not primed with the current location, making it more cumbersome to go between the three forums I use most that are within one page of each other (Washington, Cannondale, and Ibis). It always defaults to the top of the list now.
    I agree with this...kind of a PITA to start at the top everytime.
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Whenever I post a message, my user name overlaps the first part of my message. Can you fix that? Thanks.

mtbr member
    I guess I like the upgrade overall, but of course, nothing is without caveats, so here are mine:

1. I use Firefox and the "Stay logged in" check box is missing, so I have to log in every time I come back.
    2. The "Quick Navigation" drop down used to come up on the forum you were reading, making it easy to just scroll down a couple to get to the next one. Now it starts at the top and you have to scroll all the way through the list. Inconvenient, but not fatal. Definitely a "1st world problem"!
    3. The arrow icon that shows threads you replied to is too small. Makes it hard to scan a forum and see the threads you're participating in at a glance. Can they be made bigger again?

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    I guess I like the upgrade overall, but of course, nothing is without caveats, so here are mine:

1. I use Firefox and the "Stay logged in" check box is missing, so I have to log in every time I come back.
    2. The "Quick Navigation" drop down used to come up on the forum you were reading, making it easy to just scroll down a couple to get to the next one. Now it starts at the top and you have to scroll all the way through the list. Inconvenient, but not fatal. Definitely a "1st world problem"!
    3. The arrow icon that shows threads you replied to is too small. Makes it hard to scan a forum and see the threads you're participating in at a glance. Can they be made bigger again?
    1) Gregg has posted that a fix is in the works for this. It's affecting Safari, too.
    2) Ditto
    3) I can see this being a hindrance for those with poor eyesight.

Rabid Lana fan
    I found a quick fix to the "stay logged in" issue....just enter your password wrong. A new box will pop up and this new box has the "stay logged in " option.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Rabid Lana fan
    Also, not a problem, but a suggestion. I posted this in OC, probably should of put it here. The main test link box at the top, the one directly to the right of the MTBR logo, I think the color looked OK with the old forum theme, but to me it looks wrong now. I would make it match the new color, like this: (just a suggestion)
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Did anyone here even bother watching the video on the top of the page??!!
    No, I did not. The fact that a video is needed suggests a UX problem.

Thx for the reply to my question though - I finally found it as well.

mtbr member
    Too much BLUE. I now have the biggest headache.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander

Go faster!
    Gregg- Overall I am pleased with the changes. Sure there are a few bugs that need to be worked out, but that's to be expected.

beater
    I'm now staying logged in when I open a new browser instance (Chrome) and come back to the forum.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

b a n n e d
    Anyone else having problems with the Back button? I'm using chrome and have to hit "back" several times before I actually go back to the previous page. Most of the time the current page reloads . . . only happens on MTBR . . . no other sites affected.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    When we use Advanced Search, we are no longer able to specify only certain forums for the search. Will this return?

Fred

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    I always worry that the automated rules will keep real people from posting. But without at least some help moderating is impossible. I came here to ask for "keep me logged in" but I see that's a known issue.

I never saw the rep comments before today. Funny.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MtbMacgyver View Post
    Is there a way to make the new forum software use the full width of the browser window? It's only using about half of my available screen space now which makes it difficult to use.
    Heres how to fix it:
    Settings > My account > General settings > Miscellaneous Options > Forum Skin > Wide
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast