mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Classified problem with long running script?

When I go to the classifieds and try and look at ads I get an error message when I go to each page. It says "mtbr.com is not responding because of a long running script. I then have to hit the stop script button to move the page down. It freezes for at least 10 seconds. Anyway around this?

Thanks,

Chuck

Baby Bear is in the house
    Quote Originally Posted by procos View Post
    When I go to the classifieds and try and look at ads I get an error message when I go to each page. It says "mtbr.com is not responding because of a long running script. I then have to hit the stop script button to move the page down. It freezes for at least 10 seconds. Anyway around this?

Thanks,

Chuck
    I've been having a similar problem on IE. Whenever I try to open a long thread (e.g., the New Post Your Singlespeed thread), I get a "stop running script?" error.
    The same thread in Firefox wouldn't load at all until I changed the view to linear mode.
    I'm no computer geek, so I've no idea what's going on. Is there any way to rectify this?
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

mtbr member
    Same problem with various forum threads. I tried IE on my home (vista) computer and work (windows 7) and have the same issue. What a pain!

Big John
    I'm having the same problem with a few of the longer threads as well using Firefox 9.0.1. It's always this bad boy script:

"http://forums.mtbr.com/clientscript/vbulletin_thrdpostlist.js?v=387:11"

It stinks because those are interesting threads, and I don't want to go through the freeze/wait game each time I advance a page.
    Road, mountain, commute, CX... who cares? Shut up and ride!