Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 137
  1. #1
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205

    Calling moderator, hello, pick up

    Some of us are kind of wondering what is going on with the system tonight. Are you upgrading VBull? There seems to be some glitches going on. One being reputation numbers jumping up and down for every member on the forums. Please feel free to PM or post here...

  2. #2
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  3. #3
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Just finished reading that. So how did they pull this new curve with factoring out how much to take away..... Someone's butthurt. Don't worry I'll be sure to rep you asap to get that 18 to 19.

  4. #4
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    yup, somebody is trying to suck the fun out of this forum. I guess when you're a mod you can do whatever you want whenever you want. Yup that's real cool.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  5. #5
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    It's okay, they can shut down all the rep threads, take my rep back to zero, until they just get rid of rep all together I will continue to rep members for good work or just to rep them. I guess you can't just rep people. Must have Missed that in rep class 101. Even if they put a limit on the rep, we should all still aim for the sky. Have fun tracking every rep I give out mods. Not pissed about this but maybe write some rules for how to rep. You brought the rep game upon yourself. Game on Wayne! Merry Christmas to you too!

  6. #6
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Some of us are kind of wondering what is going on with the system tonight. Are you upgrading VBull? There seems to be some glitches going on. One being reputation numbers jumping up and down for every member on the forums. Please feel free to PM or post here...
    You want to ask the Admins. They run the show. The Mods are just the ushers
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #7
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Okay Shiggy. Have a Happy wonderful Holidays.

  8. #8
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    That does not give much of an explanation.

    As there is a relatively limited number of people actually contributing (like 1000 or so I guess), I wonder how this is set up now?
    It's gonna be hard to not have the same people repping each other, with that few people making notable contributions.


    Magura

  9. #9
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    That does not give much of an explanation.

    As there is a relatively limited number of people actually contributing (like 1000 or so I guess), I wonder how this is set up now?
    It's gonna be hard to not have the same people repping each other, with that few people making notable contributions.


    Magura


    Reputation now displays who left rep - comments

  10. #10
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    That does not give much of an explanation.

    As there is a relatively limited number of people actually contributing (like 1000 or so I guess), I wonder how this is set up now?
    It's gonna be hard to not have the same people repping each other, with that few people making notable contributions.


    Magura
    I can guarentee it will be thought out as well as the first system was thought out, and that means there wont be any thought go into the latest changes either...
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-23-2012 at 06:12 AM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  11. #11
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Cheers.

    I wonder why that was so hard to put in the announcement?


    Magura

  12. #12
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    I can guarentee it will be thought out as well as the first system was thought out, and that means there wont be one iota of intelligent thought go into the latest changes either...
    Now tell us how you really feel

    From what my limited brain capacity can make out of this, all this means is that in 1 year everything is going to be the same, as it took about a year for a 10X.

    Magura

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    I'm sensing a little negativity towards mods.Must they babysit 24/7 ? Would someone who comes here for free complain about the people that keep this place respectable and enjoyable for no other reason than just that. I'd hope it's a joke, maybe a little too serious and I'm not trying to kiss @ss, just think that needs to be said.
    Whateva, change is good, just a #, besides, if your reputation "is beyond repute" does anything else really matter?
    Round and round we go

  14. #14
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    I'm sensing a little negativity towards mods. 24/7 baby sitting ? Would someone who comes here for free complain about the people that keep this place respectable and enjoyable for no other reason than just that. I'd hope it's a joke, maybe a little too serious and I'm not trying to kiss @ss, just think that needs to be said.
    Whateva, change is good, just a #, besides, if your reputation "is beyond repute" does anything else really matter?
    This has nothing to do with the mods, they just follow the rules given to them by the admin, and put in their time and effort here, this has nothing to do with them, they dont make the rules they give their time to uphold them and kudos to them.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  15. #15
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    ^

    This. That's all.

  16. #16
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    I'm sensing a little negativity towards mods. How could anyone who comes here for free complain about the people that keep this place respectable and enjoyable for no other reason than just that. I'd hope it's a joke, maybe a little too serious and I'm not trying to kiss @ss, just think that needs to be said.
    Whateva, change is good, just a #, besides, if your reputation "is beyond repute" does anything else really matter?
    A bit of info would have gone a long way, to avoid the negative reactions.

    Having said that, it would maybe also help that things were well considered, prior to implementation.
    Spooling back the rep system once a year, does not seem to change anything.

    Personally I have no negative feelings towards the people running this site, but I can sure understand why they get a lot of negative reactions, as this has not been handled all that well.
    I think everybody knows, that quite a few members pays great interest in their rep points.
    Just the heated debates the rep system has caused, ought to make that obvious.
    Knowing that, I'd explain things in detail when making changes.
    It would take 10 minutes to post an explanation, instead of just posting an announcement that offered no info, besides that something had been changed, not even explaining what the change consisted of.

    Running a place like this, is a lot like any other management position out there.
    If the communication is inadequate, you create rumors and negative responses, as people feel run over.

    Magura

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    Cool, cause for the most part they're tolerant of the ruckus
    Nuff said

    But I just wanna say that all of you guys that have posted thus far, all, have a reputation beyond repute, really, it's true.
    Last edited by theMeat; 12-23-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    Round and round we go

  18. #18
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    I'll, tell you the problem, im no ***** so here it is.

    First of all the powers that be make a confidential system where they allow people to neg rep anonymously, they made n set that rule, it was set in trust..
    Then they break that trust and confidentiality and turn the system that they set upside down and show retrospectively who repped who, i have no probs with this apart from the fact that it was a very very unprofessional, unethical thing to do that showed not one iota of respect for the members of this site that thought they could count on the powers to be to keep there negs confidential.

    Then they decide to without any explination reset the rep, im sure it was done with as much intelligence and thought as the first system was done, meaning not one iota of thought.

    This place treats confidentiality and respect for members as nothing more than a childs game..

    The actions in the last few days from admin have been very unprofessional, thoughtless, and unethical, and smacks of having very little respect at all for the members of this site.
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-23-2012 at 03:45 AM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  19. #19
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    It's the most wonderful time of the year.....


    ok ok, good joke Admins. Now let's put the rep power back to normal. We all had a good laugh. I still want Tone's to achieve Double Centurion status before xmas.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    I'll, tell you the problem, im no ***** so here it is.

    First of all the powers that be make a confidential system where they allow people to neg rep anonymously, they made n set that rule, it was set in trust..
    Then they break that trust and confidentiality and turn the system that they set upside down and show retrospectively who repped who, i have no probs with this apart from the fact that it was a very very unprofessional, unethical thing to do that showed not one iota of respect for the members of this site that thought they could count on the powers to be to keep there negs confidential, its nothing less than a total disgrace.

    Then they decide to without any explination reset the rep, im sure it was done with as much intelligence and thought as the first system was done, meaning not one iota of thought.

    Without a doubt this is the most unprofessional site ive ever seen, it has no respect for its members and treats confidentiality and respect for members as nothing more than a childs game..

    Now lets just say there where some mentally unstable members on here, that after finding out that the person or persons that repped them and they looked up to actually didnt like them, this sent them into a spin and a destructive situation that led to them killing themselves, dont laugh, people have killed themselves for a lot less if they have serious mental health issues.
    The actions in the last few days from admin have been very unprofessional, thoughtless, and unethical, and smacks of having no respect at all for the members of this site.
    Get a grip Man, you'll get to 200 someday
    Round and round we go

  21. #21
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    I'll, tell you the problem, im no ***** so here it is.

    First of all the powers that be make a confidential system where they allow people to neg rep anonymously, they made n set that rule, it was set in trust..
    Then they break that trust and confidentiality and turn the system that they set upside down and show retrospectively who repped who, i have no probs with this apart from the fact that it was a very very unprofessional, unethical thing to do that showed not one iota of respect for the members of this site that thought they could count on the powers to be to keep there negs confidential, its nothing less than a total disgrace.

    Then they decide to without any explination reset the rep, im sure it was done with as much intelligence and thought as the first system was done, meaning not one iota of thought.

    Without a doubt this is the most unprofessional site ive ever seen, it has no respect for its members and treats confidentiality and respect for members as nothing more than a childs game..

    Now lets just say there where some mentally unstable members on here, that after finding out that the person or persons that repped them and they looked up to actually didnt like them, this sent them into a spin and a destructive situation that led to them killing themselves, dont laugh, people have killed themselves for a lot less if they have serious mental health issues.
    The actions in the last few days from admin have been very unprofessional, thoughtless, and unethical, and smacks of having no respect at all for the members of this site.
    Calm down, this is a bike forum, not your profile at the IRS.

    As I wrote above, I agree things have not been handled all that well, but we all have to learn, that goes for the people who runs this site as well.

    What has happened, is past, so now all that makes a difference, is what should be done from now on. Whining about the admin making a stoopid, is not bringing anybody anything positive.

    I'm quite sure that the admin has learned a thing or two in the process, so please just leave it at that.
    How hard it may be to believe, most people are not doing things to be cruel, but simply make mistakes.


    Magura

  22. #22
    banned
    Reputation: Spinning Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,435
    The Rep system is the stupidest thing on this forum, having jokes with it made visiting the OC fun. SO in anarchy I will neg Rep every Mod everytime they post. Shiggy was first, now I feel empowered.

  23. #23
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Calm down, this is a bike forum, not your profile at the IRS.

    As I wrote above, I agree things have not been handled all that well, but we all have to learn, that goes for the people who runs this site as well.

    What has happened, is past, so now all that makes a difference, is what should be done from now on. Whining about the admin making a stoopid, is not bringing anybody anything positive.

    I'm quite sure that the admin has learned a thing or two in the process, so please just leave it at that.
    How hard it may be to believe, most people are not doing things to be cruel, but simply make mistakes.


    Magura
    With all due respect, we will agree to disagree....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  24. #24
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    With all due respect, we will agree to disagree....
    So what do you suggest the admin should do?


    Magura

  25. #25
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    So what do you suggest the admin should do?


    Magura
    first of all, anybody with a tiny piece of respect for other people, wouldnt have made a rule that was set in confidentiaily like neg repping, and turned it around retrospectively, thats a break in trust, it didnt affect me, but its one hell of an un ethical thing to do, it boarders on reckless and shows not one iota of respect for the members of this site.
    Im a pretty fair person, i dont need experience running a website to understand that, thats called ethics, it was an unbelievably unprofessional thing to do, no mistake or making a boo boo, it was very poor form as has been expressed in other threads on this site.

    Secondly, why put a stupid system in place, that we could all see was easy to exploit from the moment we saw it, thats not making a mistake, thats called very poor planning with very little thought process put into it in the first place.

    Thirdly, the communication levels are very poor on here, prime example tonight, changing the rep system without one iota of explination that would have taken 5 minutes.

    these things arnt mistakes, its treating members like idiots and showing very little respect, but forget the last two points the first one is undesputable

    none of these come down to making a mistake, they come down to a lack of thought and lack of respect.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  26. #26
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    first of all, anybody with a tiny piece of respect for other people, wouldnt have made a rule that was set in confidentiaily like neg repping, and turned it around retrospectively, thats a break in trust, it didnt affect me, but its one hell of an un ethical thing to do, it boarders on reckless and shows not one iota of respect for the members of this site.
    Im a pretty fair person, i dont need experience running a website to understand that, thats called ethics, it was an unbelievably unprofessional thing to do, no mistake or making a boo boo, it was very poor form as has been expressed in other threads on this site.

    Secondly, why put a stupid system in place, that we could all see was easy to exploit from the moment we saw it, thats not making a mistake, thats called very poor planning with very little thought process put into it in the first place.

    Thirdly, the communication levels are very poor on here, prime example tonight, changing the rep system without one iota of explination that would have taken 5 minutes.

    these things arnt mistakes, its treating members like idiots and showing very little respect, but forget the last two points the first one is undesputable

    none of these come down to making a mistake, they come down to a lack of thought and lack of respect.
    I'm quite sure the admins didn't think of those issues as being that big a deal to some.
    Thus I'm sure they are pretty surprised the response is that negative.

    So yes, they made a mistake, even a couple of mistakes.

    What is much more interesting is how you'd suggest they rectify those mistakes?

    Cause pointing out errors is pretty easy, it's the solutions I think the admins are all ears about. They sure can see this was not too smart, in particular now that it's been pointed out to them quite a few times the last few hours.

    So what sort of action from the admins would satisfy you?

    Magura

  27. #27
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    first of all, anybody with a tiny piece of respect for other people, wouldnt have made a rule that was set in confidentiaily like neg repping, and turned it around retrospectively, thats a break in trust, it didnt affect me, but its one hell of an un ethical thing to do, it boarders on reckless and shows not one iota of respect for the members of this site.
    Im a pretty fair person, i dont need experience running a website to understand that, thats called ethics, it was an unbelievably unprofessional thing to do, no mistake or making a boo boo, it was very poor form as has been expressed in other threads on this site.

    Secondly, why put a stupid system in place, that we could all see was easy to exploit from the moment we saw it, thats not making a mistake, thats called very poor planning with very little thought process put into it in the first place.

    Thirdly, the communication levels are very poor on here, prime example tonight, changing the rep system without one iota of explination that would have taken 5 minutes.

    these things arnt mistakes, its treating members like idiots and showing very little respect, but forget the last two points the first one is undesputable

    none of these come down to making a mistake, they come down to a lack of thought and lack of respect.
    I gotta say I agree 100%

  28. #28
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    If my rep isn't back to normal by the close of business today, I'm gonna f*ckin kill someone.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  29. #29
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    I'm quite sure the admins didn't think of those issues as being that big a deal to some.
    Thus I'm sure they are pretty surprised the response is that negative.

    So yes, they made a mistake, even a couple of mistakes.

    What is much more interesting is how you'd suggest they rectify those mistakes?

    Cause pointing out errors is pretty easy, it's the solutions I think the admins are all ears about. They sure can see this was not too smart, in particular now that it's been pointed out to them quite a few times the last few hours.

    So what sort of action from the admins would satisfy you?

    Magura
    Well through a total lack of though not a mistake ,the horse has bolted now hasnt it?

    Heres a few things admin could think about.

    TRANSPARENCY in the rules and regulations
    TRANSPARENCY in how they have gotton to certain conclusions, prime example in not having the respect tonight to explain exactly how they worked the new system
    RESPECT, respect the rules they make and stick to them, if they dont think them out properly then they wear it not us, and respect the members enough to inform them about the ins and outs of changes, which leads to my next point.
    COMMUNICATION, better communication all round, instead of a lack of communication.
    PROFESSIONALISM AND ETHICS, dont have something confidential one second then change it like a childs game the next.
    PUTTING MORE INTELLIGENT THOUGHT INTO CHANGES AND SYSTEMS, i wonder how much thought has gone into todays changes, if the past is anything to go by, id say not alot of thought at all
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-23-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  30. #30
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Just finished reading that. So how did they pull this new curve with factoring out how much to take away..... Someone's butthurt. Don't worry I'll be sure to rep you asap to get that 18 to 19.
    same here...

    though i like the system where you rep the post, not the poster. the site should be content driven...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  31. #31
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Well through a total lack of though not a mistake ,the horse has bolted now hasnt it?

    Heres a few things admin could think about.

    TRANSPARENCY in the rules and regulations
    TRANSPARENCY in how they have gotton to certain conclusions, prime example in not having the respect tonight to explain exactly how they worked the new system
    RESPECT, respect the rules they make and stick to them, if they dont think them out properly then they wear it not us, and respect the members enough to inform them about the ins and outs of changes, which leads to my next point.
    COMMUNICATION, better communication all round, instead of an aloof lack of communication.
    PROFESSIONALISM AND ETHICS, dont have something confidential one second then change it like a childs game the next.
    PUTTING MORE INTELLIGENT THOUGHT INTO CHANGES AND SYSTEMS, i wonder how much thought has gone into todays changes, if the past is anything to go by, id say not alot of thought at all

    Tone's you're better than that, really.

    As pointed out before, I think we can all agree that things have not been handled all that well.

    Fact remains though, that what's been done is done.

    How do you feel the admins should correct those errors?
    It seems to me that you also don't know, and in that case going apeshit on the admins is not going to help anybody.

    Again, if you have suggestions to rectify the situation, I'm quite sure the admins are all ears.


    Magura

  32. #32
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Tone's you're better than that, really.

    As pointed out before, I think we can all agree that things have not been handled all that well.

    Fact remains though, that what's been done is done.

    How do you feel the admins should correct those errors?
    It seems to me that you also don't know, and in that case going apeshit on the admins is not going to help anybody.

    Again, if you have suggestions to rectify the situation, I'm quite sure the admins are all ears.


    Magura
    Magura, they cant recify the situation, and i resent you telling me im better than that when im airing my unhappyness on a public forum.
    Im very entitled to do that if i please, im not you, im me, i deal with things in my own way and im not affraid to call people out when i feel like it.
    you asked me what the admin could do to help correct their ways and i answered it, i dont see anything wrong with my post above, cheers mate

    If admin need to hear opinion well they have got it.

    Its not all rainbows n candy cotton farts mate....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  33. #33
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    From the begining the rep system has been controversial.
    To change it without informing users of how it now works
    has prompted much emotion.

    If admin would post a full explanation of how, what where, when, and why it would go far to
    reduce the backlash that is soon to erupt.
    -----

    PS Did I whack my melon last night, go into a coma and today is really April 1st?

  34. #34
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Magura, they cant recify the situation, and i resent you telling me im better than that when im airing my unhappyness on a public forum.
    Im very entitled to do that if i please, im not you, im me, i deal with things in my own way and im not affraid to call people out when i feel like it.
    you asked me what the admin could do to help correct their ways and i answered it, i dont see anything wrong with my post above, cheers mate

    If admin need to hear opinion well they have got it.

    Its not all rainbows n candy cotton farts mate....
    You sure are entitled to air your unhappiness, no argument there. Now you've done that, and it's time to move forward, no?
    I'm not too happy about this either, don't get that wrong.

    What I'm pointing out, is that since you're unhappy with something, the smart solution is to come up with suggestions to sort out the situation.

    Look at it from the admins point of view. The more we complain, the lees they feel like sorting things.
    MTBR is not a multi million $ business, but a hobby-business. So treating each other with respect is a good beginning.
    Pointing out errors and mistakes, is good, continuous negativity towards the people who runs this, sure isn't.

    You used to be pretty laid back, see things in a bigger perspective, and able to move forward.....


    Magura

  35. #35
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    From the begining the rep system has been controversial.
    To change it without informing users of how it now works
    has prompted much emotion.

    If admin would post a full explanation of how, what where, when, and why it would go far to
    reduce the backlash that is soon to erupt.
    -----

    PS Did I whack my melon last night, go into a coma and today is really April 1st?
    Exactly!

    Well, counting out that around where I am, the calendar says December 23rd.


    Magura

  36. #36
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    You sure are entitled to air your unhappiness, no argument there. Now you've done that, and it's time to move forward, no?
    I'm not too happy about this either, don't get that wrong.

    What I'm pointing out, is that since you're unhappy with something, the smart solution is to come up with suggestions to sort out the situation.

    Look at it from the admins point of view. The more we complain, the lees they feel like sorting things.
    MTBR is not a multi million $ business, but a hobby-business. So treating each other with respect is a good beginning.
    Pointing out errors and mistakes, is good, continuous negativity towards the people who runs this, sure isn't.

    You used to be pretty laid back, see things in a bigger perspective, and able to move forward.....


    Magura
    Mate, i didnt used to be layed back, i am layed back, but everyones entitled to get irritated n pissed off, everybody has their moments and when i have mine i dont fluff them up, i get straight to the point.

    I respect the way you go about things, like in fancis's thread you just said in a nice way, 'that doesnt seen too well thought out'' refering to the new rep system than you cant rep anybody twice.
    You say it that way, where as i say before i know anything about the new system, ''if the thought they have put into it before is any indication, there wont be any thought put into the new system either'' lol and im spot on right it seems.

    In our country we dont fluff things up n sugar coat things, i pride myself in givin it straight with no bu*lshit, thats the way i work and im proud of that.

    you like to tread softly, and try and go about things in a measured way, i respect that, but thats not me, imo theres nothing wrong with saying it straight, we just have different ways of going about it, but we probably have similar ideas about things.
    Yes im irritated tonight, im not often fired up, but everybody opporates in a different mannor, there might not be one right way to go about it other than being yourself

    cheers Mags.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  37. #37
    banned
    Reputation: Mojo Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,095
    Some people really need to turn off thier computer and ride a bike more often. It's rather sad how serious some users are taking this. Seeing how this site is relatively free to post in the forums.

    If people don't like it. Go somewhere else. Why not start your own mtn biking site? If your that strong about things.

    As a Mod already said. They are simply ushers. I highly doubt they get comp'ed much, if any to help out here. They have jobs, families, lives etc.... Some of them even ride thier bikes. They can't spend 24/7 combing every post. Try to keep every single user happy.

    Oh yeah, anyone that says they are going to f'ing kill someone. Should be banned. I did'nt find that the least bit funny.

  38. #38
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    Some people really need to turn off thier computer and ride a bike more often. It's rather sad how serious some users are taking this. Seeing how this site is relatively free to post in the forums.

    If people don't like it. Go somewhere else. Why not start your own mtn biking site? If your that strong about things.

    As a Mod already said. They are simply ushers. I highly doubt they get comp'ed much, if any to help out here. They have jobs, families, lives etc.... Some of them even ride thier bikes. They can't spend 24/7 combing every post. Try to keep every single user happy.

    Oh yeah, anyone that says they are going to f'ing kill someone. Should be banned. I did'nt find that the least bit funny.
    Hold on, not one person has had a go at moderators, they have nothing to do with this at all, what are you refering to.

    And every site on the net is free to post on, they rely on members to get advertising, everybody has the right to say what they feel, expecially on sites they put plenty of time into.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  39. #39
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,893
    My, my. I guess it's the end of the monkeys running the zoo (I consider myself one of the monkeys). Oh we'll, I liked it here before rep and I liked rep before it ramped up into the exponential growth clique. Guess I'll get used to the changes. Thing is, it did keep a lot of people tuned in here, having fun with it, seeing and clicking on the ads that pay for this site.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  40. #40
    DIY all the way
    Reputation: Mr.Magura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Mate, i didnt used to be layed back, i am layed back, but everyones entitled to get irritated n pissed off, everybody has their moments and when i have mine i dont fluff them up, i get straight to the point.

    I respect the way you go about things, like in fancis's thread you just said in a nice way, 'that doesnt seen too well thought out'' refering to the new rep system than you cant rep anybody twice.
    You say it that way, where as i say before i know anything about the new system, ''if the thought they have put into it before is any indication, there wont be any thought put into the new system either'' lol and im spot on right it seems.

    In our country we dont fluff things up n sugar coat things, i pride myself in givin it straight with no bu*lshit, thats the way i work and im proud of that.

    you like to tread softly, and try and go about things in a measured way, i respect that, but thats not me, imo theres nothing wrong with saying it straight, we just have different ways of going about it, but we probably have similar ideas about things.
    Yes im irritated tonight, im not often fired up, but everybody opporates in a different mannor, there might not be one right way to go about it other than being yourself

    cheers Mags.
    LOL! I'll have to print out this response. This will sure make some of people I work with very surprised.

    Time for firing up the stove for Gløg. After all, it's only Christmas a third of the year

    Magura

  41. #41
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    Oh yeah, anyone that says they are going to f'ing kill someone. Should be banned. I did'nt find that the least bit funny.
    Settle down over there, it was made in jest. I couldn't give one sh*t about rep, my mom says I'm cool and that's all that matters. Happy Holidays
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  42. #42
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    lol, mate, all good, happy days, i'll be back to normal when i wake up in the morning, ive had a long day of xmas shopping, it did my head in, i must be on the edge lol

    cheers mags
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  43. #43
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    I just want to know the new formula
    WE WILL REBUILD
    Who will be the first to 50
    shiggy is almost there
    atleast they could have given us the time to send all the negative reppers to the bottom of the ocean


    Sj


    shiggy is there Crap
    I am slow therefore I am

  44. #44
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    yup, somebody is trying to suck the fun out of this forum. I guess when you're a mod you can do whatever you want whenever you want. Yup that's real cool.
    I don't know, I think they are putting the fun in the forum.

    As far as the mods getting to do whatever they want whenever they want, get over.
    That age old tired argument has been going on since vBulletin was created.
    I used to hear it 10 years ago when was an admin for a 35k member message forum.
    If you don't like it, then start your own forum.

  45. #45
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    lol, mate, all good, happy days, i'll be back to normal when i wake up in the morning, ive had a long day of xmas shopping, it did my head in, i must be on the edge lol

    cheers mags
    Hahaha. Well, it's that time of year, I think everyone's a little edgy.

    -Happy Holidays
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  46. #46
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    Some people really need to turn off thier computer and ride a bike more often. It's rather sad how serious some users are taking this. Seeing how this site is relatively free to post in the forums.

    If people don't like it. Go somewhere else. Why not start your own mtn biking site? If your that strong about things.

    As a Mod already said. They are simply ushers. I highly doubt they get comp'ed much, if any to help out here. They have jobs, families, lives etc.... Some of them even ride thier bikes. They can't spend 24/7 combing every post. Try to keep every single user happy.

    Oh yeah, anyone that says they are going to f'ing kill someone. Should be banned. I did'nt find that the least bit funny.
    Agree with everything except banning the killers.

    I want to know who is coming at me.

  47. #47
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,893
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    Who will be the first to 50
    shiggy is almost there



    shiggy is there Crap
    Because he has what are considered the legit rep points, not those earned rep ho'ing after OC went live. The rest of us were stripped of the OC circle jerk points.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  48. #48
    heaven help me
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,819
    So basically, what I consider a worthy rep may not be in the eyes of admin. so it doesn't count.

  49. #49
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    I stumbled upon this forum several years ago when I was researching a new mtb purchase. I've learned about everything from bikes to the Kanga, and have had the privilege to interact with many very interesting and fun people along the way. It's all good.

  50. #50
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    Because he has what are considered the legit rep points, not those earned rep ho'ing after OC went live. The rest of us were stripped of the OC circle jerk points.
    ive got way more than 23 from the Main site, i get them every day, prime example i only had 5 out of 20 on my sheet from OC members, the rest was from out on the forum, i get around, im in all sorts of forums here being a silly bugger, 23 points for being a fool and idiot all the time seems pretty unfair to me, ive been ripped off, its a travisty of justice.

    im from coast to coast like butter on toast.......

    I still love the place, nothing will change, but i should have been rewarded more than i have for being an idiot, clown n a fool......

    i feel as though ive just been surprised butt molested by a total stranger in the night.....
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-23-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •