Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Is not amused

Calling moderator, hello, pick up

Some of us are kind of wondering what is going on with the system tonight. Are you upgrading VBull? There seems to be some glitches going on. One being reputation numbers jumping up and down for every member on the forums. Please feel free to PM or post here...

I Ride Bikes
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

Is not amused
    Just finished reading that. So how did they pull this new curve with factoring out how much to take away..... Someone's butthurt. Don't worry I'll be sure to rep you asap to get that 18 to 19.

I Ride Bikes
    yup, somebody is trying to suck the fun out of this forum. I guess when you're a mod you can do whatever you want whenever you want. Yup that's real cool.

Is not amused
    It's okay, they can shut down all the rep threads, take my rep back to zero, until they just get rid of rep all together I will continue to rep members for good work or just to rep them. I guess you can't just rep people. Must have Missed that in rep class 101. Even if they put a limit on the rep, we should all still aim for the sky. Have fun tracking every rep I give out mods. Not pissed about this but maybe write some rules for how to rep. You brought the rep game upon yourself. Game on Wayne! Merry Christmas to you too!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Some of us are kind of wondering what is going on with the system tonight. Are you upgrading VBull? There seems to be some glitches going on. One being reputation numbers jumping up and down for every member on the forums. Please feel free to PM or post here...
    You want to ask the Admins. They run the show. The Mods are just the ushers
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Is not amused
    Okay Shiggy. Have a Happy wonderful Holidays.

DIY all the way
    That does not give much of an explanation.

As there is a relatively limited number of people actually contributing (like 1000 or so I guess), I wonder how this is set up now?
    It's gonna be hard to not have the same people repping each other, with that few people making notable contributions.

Magura

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post

As there is a relatively limited number of people actually contributing (like 1000 or so I guess), I wonder how this is set up now?
    It's gonna be hard to not have the same people repping each other, with that few people making notable contributions.

Magura

Reputation now displays who left rep - comments

No Stranger to danger....

Magura
    I can guarentee it will be thought out as well as the first system was thought out, and that means there wont be any thought go into the latest changes either...
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-23-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Cheers.

I wonder why that was so hard to put in the announcement?

Magura

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    I can guarentee it will be thought out as well as the first system was thought out, and that means there wont be one iota of intelligent thought go into the latest changes either...
    Now tell us how you really feel

From what my limited brain capacity can make out of this, all this means is that in 1 year everything is going to be the same, as it took about a year for a 10X.

Magura

mtbr member
    I'm sensing a little negativity towards mods.Must they babysit 24/7 ? Would someone who comes here for free complain about the people that keep this place respectable and enjoyable for no other reason than just that. I'd hope it's a joke, maybe a little too serious and I'm not trying to kiss @ss, just think that needs to be said.
    Whateva, change is good, just a #, besides, if your reputation "is beyond repute" does anything else really matter?
    Round and round we go

Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    I'm sensing a little negativity towards mods. 24/7 baby sitting ? Would someone who comes here for free complain about the people that keep this place respectable and enjoyable for no other reason than just that. I'd hope it's a joke, maybe a little too serious and I'm not trying to kiss @ss, just think that needs to be said.
    Whateva, change is good, just a #, besides, if your reputation "is beyond repute" does anything else really matter?
    This has nothing to do with the mods, they just follow the rules given to them by the admin, and put in their time and effort here, this has nothing to do with them, they dont make the rules they give their time to uphold them and kudos to them.

Is not amused
    ^

This. That's all.

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    I'm sensing a little negativity towards mods. How could anyone who comes here for free complain about the people that keep this place respectable and enjoyable for no other reason than just that. I'd hope it's a joke, maybe a little too serious and I'm not trying to kiss @ss, just think that needs to be said.
    A bit of info would have gone a long way, to avoid the negative reactions.

Having said that, it would maybe also help that things were well considered, prior to implementation.
    Spooling back the rep system once a year, does not seem to change anything.

Personally I have no negative feelings towards the people running this site, but I can sure understand why they get a lot of negative reactions, as this has not been handled all that well.
    I think everybody knows, that quite a few members pays great interest in their rep points.
    Just the heated debates the rep system has caused, ought to make that obvious.
    Knowing that, I'd explain things in detail when making changes.
    It would take 10 minutes to post an explanation, instead of just posting an announcement that offered no info, besides that something had been changed, not even explaining what the change consisted of.

Running a place like this, is a lot like any other management position out there.
    If the communication is inadequate, you create rumors and negative responses, as people feel run over.

Magura

mtbr member
    Cool, cause for the most part they're tolerant of the ruckus
    Nuff said

But I just wanna say that all of you guys that have posted thus far, all, have a reputation beyond repute, really, it's true.
    Last edited by theMeat; 12-23-2012 at 04:04 AM.
    Round and round we go

I'll, tell you the problem, im no ***** so here it is.

First of all the powers that be make a confidential system where they allow people to neg rep anonymously, they made n set that rule, it was set in trust..
    Then they break that trust and confidentiality and turn the system that they set upside down and show retrospectively who repped who, i have no probs with this apart from the fact that it was a very very unprofessional, unethical thing to do that showed not one iota of respect for the members of this site that thought they could count on the powers to be to keep there negs confidential.

Then they decide to without any explination reset the rep, im sure it was done with as much intelligence and thought as the first system was done, meaning not one iota of thought.

This place treats confidentiality and respect for members as nothing more than a childs game..

The actions in the last few days from admin have been very unprofessional, thoughtless, and unethical, and smacks of having very little respect at all for the members of this site.
    Last edited by Tone's; 12-23-2012 at 04:45 AM.

I Ride Bikes
    It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

ok ok, good joke Admins. Now let's put the rep power back to normal. We all had a good laugh. I still want Tone's to achieve Double Centurion status before xmas.

mtbr member

First of all the powers that be make a confidential system where they allow people to neg rep anonymously, they made n set that rule, it was set in trust..
    Then they break that trust and confidentiality and turn the system that they set upside down and show retrospectively who repped who, i have no probs with this apart from the fact that it was a very very unprofessional, unethical thing to do that showed not one iota of respect for the members of this site that thought they could count on the powers to be to keep there negs confidential, its nothing less than a total disgrace.

Then they decide to without any explination reset the rep, im sure it was done with as much intelligence and thought as the first system was done, meaning not one iota of thought.

Without a doubt this is the most unprofessional site ive ever seen, it has no respect for its members and treats confidentiality and respect for members as nothing more than a childs game..

Now lets just say there where some mentally unstable members on here, that after finding out that the person or persons that repped them and they looked up to actually didnt like them, this sent them into a spin and a destructive situation that led to them killing themselves, dont laugh, people have killed themselves for a lot less if they have serious mental health issues.
    The actions in the last few days from admin have been very unprofessional, thoughtless, and unethical, and smacks of having no respect at all for the members of this site.
    Get a grip Man, you'll get to 200 someday
    Round and round we go

DIY all the way

Then they break that trust and confidentiality and turn the system that they set upside down and show retrospectively who repped who, i have no probs with this apart from the fact that it was a very very unprofessional, unethical thing to do that showed not one iota of respect for the members of this site that thought they could count on the powers to be to keep there negs confidential, its nothing less than a total disgrace.

Without a doubt this is the most unprofessional site ive ever seen, it has no respect for its members and treats confidentiality and respect for members as nothing more than a childs game..

Now lets just say there where some mentally unstable members on here, that after finding out that the person or persons that repped them and they looked up to actually didnt like them, this sent them into a spin and a destructive situation that led to them killing themselves, dont laugh, people have killed themselves for a lot less if they have serious mental health issues.
    The actions in the last few days from admin have been very unprofessional, thoughtless, and unethical, and smacks of having no respect at all for the members of this site.
    Calm down, this is a bike forum, not your profile at the IRS.

As I wrote above, I agree things have not been handled all that well, but we all have to learn, that goes for the people who runs this site as well.

What has happened, is past, so now all that makes a difference, is what should be done from now on. Whining about the admin making a stoopid, is not bringing anybody anything positive.

I'm quite sure that the admin has learned a thing or two in the process, so please just leave it at that.
    How hard it may be to believe, most people are not doing things to be cruel, but simply make mistakes.

Magura

banned
    The Rep system is the stupidest thing on this forum, having jokes with it made visiting the OC fun. SO in anarchy I will neg Rep every Mod everytime they post. Shiggy was first, now I feel empowered.

Calm down, this is a bike forum, not your profile at the IRS.

As I wrote above, I agree things have not been handled all that well, but we all have to learn, that goes for the people who runs this site as well.

What has happened, is past, so now all that makes a difference, is what should be done from now on. Whining about the admin making a stoopid, is not bringing anybody anything positive.

I'm quite sure that the admin has learned a thing or two in the process, so please just leave it at that.
    How hard it may be to believe, most people are not doing things to be cruel, but simply make mistakes.

Magura
    With all due respect, we will agree to disagree....

DIY all the way
    With all due respect, we will agree to disagree....
    So what do you suggest the admin should do?

Magura

So what do you suggest the admin should do?

Magura
    first of all, anybody with a tiny piece of respect for other people, wouldnt have made a rule that was set in confidentiaily like neg repping, and turned it around retrospectively, thats a break in trust, it didnt affect me, but its one hell of an un ethical thing to do, it boarders on reckless and shows not one iota of respect for the members of this site.
    Im a pretty fair person, i dont need experience running a website to understand that, thats called ethics, it was an unbelievably unprofessional thing to do, no mistake or making a boo boo, it was very poor form as has been expressed in other threads on this site.

Secondly, why put a stupid system in place, that we could all see was easy to exploit from the moment we saw it, thats not making a mistake, thats called very poor planning with very little thought process put into it in the first place.

Thirdly, the communication levels are very poor on here, prime example tonight, changing the rep system without one iota of explination that would have taken 5 minutes.

these things arnt mistakes, its treating members like idiots and showing very little respect, but forget the last two points the first one is undesputable

none of these come down to making a mistake, they come down to a lack of thought and lack of respect.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast