Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    banned
    Aug 2012

Calling Forum Administration

I'm curious as to whether you have ran a server load analysis, and if you have any plans for addressing the latency issues many of us experience.

I'm currently running IE9 and the site performance reminds me of days past, when dial-up was the norm.

FWIW,
    It's not much better on an IPad when compared to other forums.

So,
    What's the deal ?
    When can we (MTBR users) expect to see performance that is equal to most every other forum on the Internet ?
    When will all the issues that others keep complaining about, be addressed, and fixed ?
    When will we stop being required to delete our post extension (#xxxxxxxx) just to get a page to load, after completing a response to another users comments ?

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

mtbr member
    wait for it............wait!!

banned
    Aug 2012
    6 freak'n days !

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Hey Guys,

We have not forgotten about you. We are still working on these issues and having the forum navigation dropdown start from the forum you are in is still on the list.

Spammers. We are looking at different options to stop the flood.

Search is still wonky. We are working on this too.

Stability is better but not perfect, still working on this too.

Having quicker access to quick reply box and formatting buttons...we are checking into this.

IE8 support, not sure we can do much here, but we will check.

Thanks for your continued patience. We are not done dialing this in yet.

-g
    I ain't buying it.

workin' it Administrator
    I gotta admit that I have none of these problems on a PC using Chrome nor my android phone using the browser. Everything loads every time for me and it is heads and shoulders faster than the previous iteration for me at home and at the wonky University ethernet in my office.

I had to clear all my cookies, everything, not just MTBR cookies when the first change over occurred and after that it was and is smooth sailing.

Try a different browser. When I was developing a website for my previous place of employment I had the hardest time getting IE to do anything every other browser did with no problem. IE might be your problem here.

Since the upgrade spam is down probably 95% or more, I don't get error pages or the Invenda page any more, and the forum navigation pull down is fixed.

Luckily you have nothing to buy to play here.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    and if we did have to buy something i doubt it would be any diff.

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    and if we did have to buy something i doubt it would be any diff.
    Seriously if you are using IE just try a different browser. Of the thousands upon thousands of users on here the ones with complaints almost exclusively use IE8 or IE9.

Secondly seriously do a purge of the cookies. Something in my cookies on chrome was deleting the forum navigation pulldown at the top of the page sporadically. When I deleted all cookies, it just stopped as did weird url prefixes etc. Something in there was messing things all up, cookies clear and it works fantastically.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    This is the slowest site on the internet hands down.

mtbr member
    I've never had a problem with this site being slow. I visit a number of other sites that are much slower than this one.

AZ
    banned
    Loads just fine using Chrome. Clear the cache and do it regularly to reduce issues.

Climbs = necessary evil
    Yep, another happy MTBR user using Google Chrome - no issues here.

mighty sailin' man
    slow from home on chrome

I'm on IE at work and it's faster so keep looking...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    NO !!!

It has to be a cookie thing ... Did it ... Nothing changed !!!!

OK,
    Reality ... I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    slow from home on chrome

I'm on IE at work and it's faster so keep looking...
    Blaming it on a particular browser is a bunch of BS

So what of it, forum admin ... Will there ever be a solution, or this this form of complaint destined to go the way of the Classified ad's, and the multiple years of complaints about that problem ?

Clear your cache.
    Try a different browser.
    Try a different computer.

Try a different forum ?

I think it's been long enough ... Fix the multiple problems that surface daily, from various people.

This place is based on a marketing plan ... YES ?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post

So what of it, forum admin ... Will there ever be a solution, or this this form of complaint destined to go the way of the Classified ad's, and the multiple years of complaints about that problem ?

Clear your cache.
    Try a different browser.

Try a different forum ?

I think it's been long enough ... Fix the multiple problems that surface daily, from various people.

Sounds like a personal problem.

I have few issues with the site on any browser or platform.

Certain browsers, platforms, and sites/code do have compatibility quirks. Always have, always will.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post

Clear your cache.
    Try a different browser.

Try a different forum ?

I haven't had any of the problems that you are complaining about. I'm on Chrome (which is the best thing I ever did) and Safari. Therefore, your issue isn't with MTBR.com, it's somewhere else. And, they've done a pretty good job fixing the other problems around here.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I have been unable to access the forums on iOS Chrome for the past month or so. The pages won't load. If I hit reload, get the message: "400 Bad request - Your browser sent an invalid request."

The Road Bike Review forums work fine on iOS Chrome, and MTBR works on Firefox and Safari on iOS and Windows 7. The only problem for me seems to be MTBR forums on iOS Chrome, after working without any trouble for a year.
    Justin
    Salt Lake City
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    2006 Specialized Allez Expert Double

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Quote Originally Posted by authalic View Post
    I have been unable to access the forums on iOS Chrome for the past month or so. The pages won't load. If I hit reload, get the message: "400 Bad request - Your browser sent an invalid request."

The Road Bike Review forums work fine on iOS Chrome, and MTBR works on Firefox and Safari on iOS and Windows 7. The only problem for me seems to be MTBR forums on iOS Chrome, after working without any trouble for a year.
    iOS Chrome works fine for me.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

banned
    Aug 2012
    I guess the solution is to keep brushing off the complaints, and blaming it on browsers, even when the complaints, from multiple people, specify different browsers with the same problem, while others say their browser is fine, and the basic thought that other forums/websites work fine with the same browser.

Never a thought given to the idea that the upgrade and all of it's problems, might still be creating issues ... Brush-Off 101

mtbr member
    If a large number of people are not having problems, I would think that it proves that the problem isn't with MTBR. I could be crappy computers, browsers or ISP problems or a number of other things.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    If a large number of people are not having problems, I would think that it proves that the problem isn't with MTBR. I could be crappy computers, browsers or ISP problems or a number of other things.
    Sure it could ... But when the suggestion is to try a different browser, and others are complaining that they have the same, or different problems with the recommended browser ... And all are stating that the problem is only on this forum ... What is one to think, except that the forum upgrade is still causing issues.

Which makes more sense ?
    One website that doesn't work properly with multiple users and browsers ... Or blaming the problem on a users browser, and appearing to do nothing about the website, even though multiple users have stated the problem is ONLY on this forum.

mtbr member
    There is a recommended browser?

Like I said, if its working for a large number of people, it pretty much proves the problem isn't with MTBR. If everyone were having the same problems, then you could say it's an MTBR problem.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    There is a recommended browser?

Like I said, if its working for a large number of people, it pretty much proves the problem isn't with MTBR. If everyone were having the same problems, then you could say it's an MTBR problem.
    Sorry but a bad script caused issues with this thread - Mysterious thread cut-off?

And without this avenue, no problems would ever be looked into or resolved.

I commend the MOD's for their efforts, but not when the response becomes try another browser, and the complaints (of more than one) have an underlying theme of it only happening on this forum.

Heck,
    there is a new thread in this section, buy a new user, and it is stated that he almost couldn't get signed-up ... Because of what he probably now thinks was the browser he was using.

How many others has this happened to ?
    How many never signed-up, that wanted to join this forum, but met a road-block ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    OK, I am running on a 2012 imac with Snow Leopard and 2013 macbook pro running Mountain Lion (not crappy computers by any measure), using Firefox as my default browser, but it also won't work with Safari. It is a problem with this site, I own and operate a website and forum for my business and it works perfectly no matter what machine you use. This is just an excuse for shoddy workmanship. Get your act together please and quit kicking the can down the road.

What's another cool MTBIKE forum? I need a place that takes less than two minutes to load a page.

mtbr member
    Everythings working perfect from here!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast