From the early 90's up until about 2002 this site was the place to go for Trail info. Now it absolutely sucks. Yeah I know you can get all the info by starting a thread and asking for everyone's opinion but sometimes you gotta pull some trail info up on the fly and waiting a few days to form a consesus on a certain trail just doesnt work.
Main problems I see :
1. Multiple listings for the same trail under different names.
2. Old outdated information ..... ie - trails that dont exist anymore
3. Goofball reviews .....ie- "I hang it out on this trail and go balls crazy DO IT "
4. Goofball trail additions ..... ie - Mega Awesome Secret Trails
5. Outright wrong information ..... ie - GPS courdinates,trail description
I know it would be a HUGE undertaking, if not impossible, for MTBR to redo the information, so why don't you allow each individual trail to be 'adopted' by someone and add the proper information ??? There is a website called Summitpost.org and this is exactly what they do for each indiviual mtn around the world. There is no better site on the entire internet that has better info for a mtn as Summitpost. H
Here is an example of Mt Everest. All this information is summited by the users and assimilated by whoever adopted that mtn, in order to make sure only relevant information is added.
Everest : Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering : SummitPost
So let's get some dialogue going and see if this is possible.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »